1. Khelo India Youth Games in Pune ten year old Abhinav Shaw became the youngest gold medallist in which of the following disciplines?
At the Khelo India Youth Games in Pune, ten year old Abhinav Shaw became the youngest gold medallist in shooting.He teamed up with Mehuli Ghosh to help West Bengal win the 10m air rifle mixed team event. Delhi’s Devanshi Rana bagged gold in Under-21 girls 25m pistol event.
2. Which age group youths are allowed to participate in the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019?
A. 18 years to 25 years
B. 16 years to 25 years
C. 17 years to 27 years
D. 17 years to 25 years
Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Col Rajyavardhan Rathore launched the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 at a function in New Delhi. The theme of the festival is- Be the Voice of New India and Find solutions and contribute to policy.Accordingly the Ministry has decided to organise the youth festival at every district of the country so that the youth between the age group of 18 to 25 years can participate and discuss and debate about how to make a New India. The festival will be held at District, State and National level to select the best speakers.
3. Consider the following statements:
1. Hampi is located in Hosapete Taluk of Bellary district in the state of Karnataka and there are 57 major scenic historical sites.
2. The tourist town of Hampi in Karnataka was listed at the second place in the New York Times’ list of ‘52 Places to Go in 2019’.
3. Over six lakh tourists including foreigners, flock to Hampi annually.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
The tourist town of Hampi in Karnataka was listed at the second place in the New York Times’ list of ‘52 Places to Go in 2019’. Hampi is the only Indian destination, which has managed to secure a place in the list. The top position is held by the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, which was ravaged by Hurricane Maria in late 2017. Located in Hosapete taluk of Ballari district, there are 57 major monuments in Hampi, most of which come under the core zone of Hampi, including four villages spread across 41.8 sq. km. It is best known for several Hindu temples that have been constructed in the Dravidian style of architecture. However, Hampi’s most famous icon is the stone chariot in the Vittala Temple. Over six lakh tourists including foreigners, flock to Hampi annually.
4. By which Constitutional Amendment, economically weaker sections of the 10% Reservation to General Category in education and government jobs?
A. The Constitution (103nd Amendment) Act, 2019
B. The Constitution (124rd Amendment) Act, 2019
C. The Constitution (108th Amendment) Act, 2019
D. The Constitution (102th Amendment) Act, 2019
President Ram Nath Kovind has given his assent to a bill providing 10 per cent reservation to the economically weaker sections of the General Categories of all religions. With the President’s nod, the bill has now become a law that will provide 10 per cent reservation in education and government jobs. According to a gazette notification, the legislation will be known as the Constitution (103rd Amendment) Act, 2019.
5. Consider the following statements related to Renukasi Multi-purpose Project?
1. Under the agreement, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
2. Renukasi Multi-purpose Project was signed in the presence of Chief Ministers of six states.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
Chief Ministers of six states signed an agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project in New Delhi.The agreement was signed among the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand in the presence of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Nitin Gadkari. Under the agreement, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. These include Lakhwar project on river Yamuna in Uttarakhand, Kishau on river Tons in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh and Renukaji on river Giri in Himachal Pradesh. The projects were conceived in 2008. Most of the irrigation cost and the drinking water component of these projects will be funded by the central government. In addition to this, a concession agreement was also signed for Namami Gange projects for the city of Prayagraj under Hybrid Annuity Mode and One City One Operator Concept.
6. Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley inaugurated Hunar Haat in New Delhi organised by the:
A. Union Textiles Ministry
B. Union Finance Ministry
C. Union Minority Welfare Ministry
D. Union Skill Development Ministry
Finance Minister Shri ArunJaitley and Union Minority Welfare Ministry Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated “HunarHaat”. This HunarHaat has been organised at State Emporia Complex, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place .On the occasion, Shri Jaitley said that India is full of heritage of master artisans. Programmes such as “HunarHaat” are playing an important role in national and international branding of this heritage.Appreciating the Minority Affairs Ministry for organising “HunarHaat”, Shri Jaitley said that “HunarHaat” is a great effort at projecting the talent of Indian artisans. Shri Jaitley took a glimpse of indigenous exquisite pieces of Handicraft & Handloom work and also encouraged master artisans who have come here from every corner of the country.
7. Consider the following statements:
1. The government has drafted a five-year action plan to address the problem of drug and substance abuse in the country.
2. The move comes after the Ministry withdrew the draft National Drug Demand Reduction Policy from the Cabinet. It had been pending for more than five-and-half years and was redrafted twice during the period.
D. Neither 1 nor
The government has drafted a five-year action plan to address the problem of drug and substance abuse in the country. An official of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment said, the National Action Plan for Drug Demand Reduction, 2018 to 2023, aims to employ a multi-pronged strategy to address the issue. It involves education, de-addiction and rehabilitation of affected individuals and their families.The Ministry has planned several measures, including co-ordination with implementing agencies for controlling the sale of sedatives, painkillers and muscle relaxant drugs, and checking the online sale of drugs.The move comes after the Ministry withdrew the draft National Drug Demand Reduction Policy from the Cabinet. It had been pending for more than five-and-half years and was redrafted twice during the period.
8. Between which two places, Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Sarv Sulabh Bus Seva’ ?
A. Prayagraj and Mathura
B. Gorakhpur and Varanasi
C. Varanasi and Mathura
D. Prayagraj and Ayodhya
In order to promote indigenous and exotic tourism in Uttar Pradesh and to impress the people of Indian culture, the state’s Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has started the bus service between Prayagraj and Ayodhya.In the fleet of transport corporation buses,Ayodhya 296 buses have been set up from the area, out of which 40 buses are used as the shuttle service in Prayagraj and 256 buses are Ayodhya, Sultanpur, Amethi, barabanki and Ambedkar will ensure the flow of pilgrims from various places of the city.
9. Consider the following statements related to Gujarat becomes 1st state to implement 10% quota to EWS?
1. Gujarat Government has announced that the benefits of 10 per cent quota for Economically Weaker sections of general category in educational institutions and government jobs will be applicable.
2. Official release said that this 10 per cent quota for the economically weaker class from the general category will be over and above the existing 49 per cent quota for SC, ST and OBC.
3. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said, the decision has been taken for social equanimity.
Gujarat Government has announced that the benefits of 10 per cent quota for Economically Weaker sections of general category in educational institutions and government jobs will be applicable . State Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said, the decision has been taken for social equanimity.Official release said that this 10 per cent quota for the economically weaker class from the general category will be over and above the existing 49 per cent quota for SC, ST and OBC.
The Centre had taken the decision under Article 46 of Guiding Principles of Constitution of India after Amendment of the Articles 15 and 16, incorporating 10 per cent reservation for Economically Weaker Sections.
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin of Rs. 350 in the national capital to mark the birth anniversary celebrations of which of the followings?
A. Guru Gobind Singh
B. Guru Nanak Dev
C. Guru Arjun Dev
D. Guru Tegh Bahadur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday released a commemorative coin of Rs. 350 in the national capital to mark the birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Gobind Singh.He lauded the lofty ideals and values of the Guru Gobind Singh – the selfless service to humanity, devotion, heroism and sacrifice and urged the people to follow his path.The Prime Minister was addressing a select gathering at his residence after releasing the commemorative coin.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.