1. Which of the followings became the 5th Indian batsman to score 10,000 runs in One-day International cricket?
A. Virat Kohli
B. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
C. Rohit Sharma
D. Shikhar Dhawan
Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni added another feather to his cap as he became the fifth Indian to score 10,000 ODI runs for India. The right-handed batsman had crossed the 10,000-run mark in the format in 2017 during the England tour, with him scoring 174 runs for Asia XI in 3 matches. But with a single off Jason Behrendorff in the first ODI against, the 37-year-old scored his 10,000th run for India in the 50-overs format.
2. Consider the following statements:
1. The Women’s Science Congress since it started in 2012.
2. Women’s Science Congress is a part of of the 106th Indian Science Congress.
3. The objective of the Women’s Science Congress is to showcase the work of women scientists.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C.2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
Union Minister for Textiles Smriti Irani inaugurated the Women’s Science Congress at the Lovely Professional University in Jalandhar.Women’s Science Congress is a part of of the 106th Indian Science Congress. This is the eighth chapter of the Women’s Science Congress since it started in 2012. The objective of the Women’s Science Congress is to showcase the work of women scientists. Many leading women scientists and distinguished women from other disciplines are participating in talks and discussions in the Congress. According to Union Minister Smriti Irani, women are facing serious challenges in the world of science. She lamented that only about 14% of the scientists and engineers of the total 2.8 lakh people working in Indian research institutes are women. The minister said that there is a male-bias in this field and urged women to come out of the stereotype.
3. In which country as many as a million fish have died along the banks of the Murray-Darling river system in January 2019 due to drought?
C. New Zealand
In Australia, as many as a million fish have died along the banks of the Murray-Darling river system in drought-battered eastern Australia. The banks of the rivers are thick with rotten fish, with officials saying the toll is closer to one million. The New South Wales government has warned that further high temperatures forecast for this week could make the situation worse. Low water conditions and the heat may also have encouraged an algae bloom that starves the fish of oxygen and produces toxins. Prime Minister Scott Morrison said today that it is a devastating ecological event.
4. Consider the following statements related tospecial weather services?
1. In addition the science and technology minister also launched a mobile application named “Kumbh Mela Weather Service”
2. The observational sites are distributed in all four directions within 5-10 km radius and are located at: (i) Allahabad University, (ii) Delhi Public School, (iii) G.B. Pant Institute of Social Science and (iv) Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences (SHUATS).
3. The Kumbh Mela 2019 is going to be held at Prayagraj during January-March 2019.
C. 2 and 3 are correct
Union Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi launched special weather services for the benefit of people visiting Prayagraj during Kumbh Mela. The Kumbh Mela 2019 is going to be held at Prayagraj during January-March 2019.The minister stated that to provide information of the prevailing weather and forecasts for next 3 days, four Automatic Weather stations (AWS) have been installed at four different locations at Prayagraj and have been made operational.In addition a mobile van (AWS) has also been made operational. The real-time location specific weather information will not only be very helpful for the local and state authorities in the efficient management of the entire event but also benefit the pilgrims by keeping them abreast of the latest weather information.
In addition the science and technology minister also launched a mobile application named “Kumbh Mela Weather Service” also has been developed to disseminate the live weather information.The observational sites are distributed in all four directions within 5-10 km radius and are ocated at: (i) Allahabad University, (ii) Delhi Public School, (iii) G.B. Pant Institute of Social Science and (iv) Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences (SHUATS).
5. Who is the winner of Premier Badminton League (PBL) 2019?
A. Chennai Smashers
B. Mumbai Rockets
C. Bangalore Raptors
D. Hyderabad Hunters
Bengaluru Raptors beat Mumbai Rockets 4-3 in the final of the Premier Badminton League (PBL) 2019 at the Kanteerava Indoor Stadium in Bengaluru to win their maiden title. Kidambi Srikanth, Vu Ji Trang and men’s doubles pair of Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Satiawan won their matches for Bengaluru Raptors.
6. Consider the following statements related to Womaniya on Gem?
1. Womaniya on Gem will spur hyper-local economic opportunities for women entrepreneurs and address goals and objectives under United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
2. The initiative seeks to develop women entrepreneurship on the margins of society to achieve gender-inclusive economic growth.
3. Artist Anukta M Ghosh’s artwork “Magan”, an illustration of women empowerment and grace, is the face of Womaniya on GeM.
Government e Marketplace or GeM launched “Womaniya on GeM” initiative to enable women entrepreneurs and women self-help groups to sell handicrafts and handloom, accessories, jute and coir products, home décor and office furnishings, directly to various Government ministries, departments and institutions.The initiative seeks to develop women entrepreneurship on the margins of society to achieve gender-inclusive economic growth.
Artist Anukta M Ghosh’s artwork “Magan”, an illustration of women empowerment and grace, is the face of Womaniya on GeM. Womaniya homepage will inform procurement officers in various government ministries, departments and CPSEs about the drive to promote procurement of common use goods and services from women entrepreneurs. Productslike handicrafts and handloom, accessories, jute and coir products, home décor and office furnishings are categorized for ease-in-procurement. The initiative aligns with Government’s initiatives for MSMEs, especially to reserve 3 percent in government procurement from women entrepreneurs.Womaniya on GeM will spur hyper-local economic opportunities for women entrepreneurs and address goals and objectives under United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
7. According to the recent announcement by the Union Commerce Ministry, under the farm-to-port project, crops would be grown keeping in mind the specific market of which country?
C. Sri Lanka
Union Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu announced here that the UAE and Saudi Arabia had decided to use India as a base to address their food security concerns.Mr. Prabhu was speaking to presspersons after meeting delegates from the two countries, along with representatives from 44 others, at a summit of the Confederation of Indian Industry here.“The UAE and Saudi Arabia will use India as a base in addressing their social security concerns.
8. Consider the following statements related to Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana’?
1. Three color applications for this scheme have been prescribed.
2. This is a 50,000-crore debt waiver scheme. This will benefit 55 lakh small and marginal farmers of the state.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath launched the Rs 50,000-crore farm debt-waiver scheme named ‘Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana’. Kamal Nath said it would benefit 55 lakh small and marginal farmers. He said the scheme is an investment in the economy, which can’t be strengthened without farmers. Three color applications for this scheme have been prescribed.The state cabinet chaired by the Chief Minister had given its nod to waive crop loans of 55 lakh farmers on January 5. .In the recently concluded State Assembly elections, Congress Party had promised that if party was voted to power, it would waive farm loans within 10 days of government formation.
9. What is the objective of ‘Womaniya On GeM’ ?
A. To increase the representation of women in Panchayati Raj System
B. To increase women’s participation in science research and development
C. To sell products directly to various Government ministries
D. To increase the representation of women in government services
The Union Government launched the ‘Womaniya on Government e Marketplace (GeM)’, an initiative to enable women entrepreneurs and Women Self-Help Groups (WSHGs) to sell handicrafts, handloom, accessories, and other products directly to Government departments and institutions. The Womaniya on GeM initiative aims to develop women entrepreneurship on the margins of society to achieve gender-inclusive economic growth.
10. Which state on January 14, 2019 became the first state to implement the 10 per cent reservation for general category poor candidates under 103rd Constitution Amendment?
Gujarat Government has announced that the benefits of 10 per cent quota for Economically Weaker sections of general category in educational institutions and government jobs under 103rd Constitutional Amendment has become effective from January 14, 2019. Gujarat is the first state to implement Government’s historic and unprecedented decision to implement the 10 per cent reservation for general category poor candidates.
State Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said, the decision has been taken for social equanimity. According to the Mr. Rupani, the eligibility of the new quota will be applicable only for which the announcement for jobs and admissions have been made but the process has not yet begun.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.