1. Union Home Ministry has recently allowed Aadhaar cards as a valid travel documents for Indians under 15 and over 65 travelling to which two countries?
A. Sri Lanka and Nepal
B. Nepal and Bhutan
C. Bhutan and Sri Lanka
D. Bangladesh and Myanmar
Aadhaar cards are now valid travel documents for Indians under 15 and over 65 travelling to Nepal and Bhutan, according to a Home Ministry communique. Indians other than those in the two age brackets will not be able to use Aadhaar to travel to the two neighbouring countries, for which no visas are needed, clarified the communique issued recently.
2. Recently, ’10YearChallenge’ wass viral trend on social media. It is related to?
A. Freedom from obesity
B. Job loss
C. Facial recognition
D. Climate change
The 10YearChallenge has gone viral. Whether it is Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, people are going all nostalgic about their old photos. The trend encourages people to show a comparison between a photo of their present self and one taken 10 years ago side-by-side.The 10YearChallenge has encouraged people to post their photos as well as put up photos of their acquaintances or belongings.
3. Consider the following statements related to the Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival ?
1. The first-ever PPHF was held on January 16–18,
2. He made this announcement during 5th edition of festival held at Seijosa in East Kameng district on the bank of Pakke River.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has announced that the ‘Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF)’will the “state festival”.He made this announcement during 5th edition of festival held at Seijosa in East Kameng district on the bank of Pakke River.The first-ever PPHF was held on January 16–18, 2015. It is recognition of the role played by the resident Nyishi tribe in conserving hornbills in the Pakke Tiger Reserve (PTR).The Nyishi tribe is known for their prowess in hunting and it was their means for sustenance. They hunted Hornbills not only for meat but the large beaks and feathers of the birds.
4. At which one of the following places was the Flamingo Festival 2019 organized?
A. Pulicat lake
B. Kaziranga National Park
C. Keibul Lamjao National Park
D. Bandipur National Park
The Flamingo Festival started in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.The area surrounding Pulicat Lake is considered a safe haven for migratory birds. Over 90,000 birds have come from far away places to the lake this year, though belated in view of the late arrival of the northeast monsoon and the failure of the southwest monsoon.
5. Consider the following statements related to the World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019?
1. It will be inaugurated by Shripad Naik.
2. This is the second edition of the World Integrative Medicine Forum on Homeopathy.
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, will inaugurate the 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 on the ‘Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products; Advancing global collaboration’ organised on 23-25 January 2019 at Goa.
Themes for the Forum 2019
The forum is organised by Central Council for Research in Homeopathy, under the Ministry of AYUSH.
The themes of the forum are:
1. Regulatory collaborations.
2. Converging on minimum regulatory & legal standards.
3. Advancing safety and quality standards.
4. Regulatory trend towards standardization and minimizing complexity.
6. Consider the following statements related to the project ReWeave?
1. Microsoft India launched a new e-commerce platform ‘re-weave.in’ under project ReWeave to aid handloom weavers.
2. Provide a platform to showcase signature collections created by the weaver communities, showcase traditional designs and products created from natural dyes to a broad set of customers.
3. The e-commerce platform would aid in weavers in increasing their income and earning a sustainable livelihood while also reviving traditional forgotten Indian art.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
Microsoft India launched a new e-commerce platform ‘re-weave.in’ under project ReWeave to aid handloom weavers. The e-commerce platform would connect artisans to the buyers directly enabling them to expand to newer customers and markets.Provide a platform to showcase signature collections created by the weaver communities, showcase traditional designs and products created from natural dyes to a broad set of customers.The e-commerce platform would aid in weavers in increasing their income and earning a sustainable livelihood while also reweaving traditional forgotten Indian art.
7. Consider the following statements related to the Global Talent Competitive?
1. The Global Talent Competitive Index measures how countries and cities grow, attract and retain talent, ranking 125 countries and 114 cities across all groups of income and levels of development.
2. Even though India has moved up one position to rank 80th on the global talent competitive index, India remains a laggard among the BRICS nations.
The Global Talent Competitive Index prepared by the INSEAD business school in partnership with Tata Communications and Adecco Group was released on the first day of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting 2019.The Global Talent Competitive Index measures how countries and cities grow, attract and retain talent, ranking 125 countries and 114 cities across all groups of income and levels of development. Even though India has moved up one position to rank 80th on the global talent competitive index, India remains a laggard among the BRICS nations. India’s performance was better than its lower-income peers when it comes to growing talent (48th) and access to growth opportunities (41st).In spite of the scope for improvement across the board, India’s biggest challenge is to improve its ability to attract (95th) and retain (96th) talent. India needs to address its poor level of Internal Openness (116th) in particular with respect to weak gender equality and low tolerance towards minorities and immigrants and its disappointing showing in lifestyle (112th) indicators.
8. The Kerian-Gandian bridge has been constructed on which river?
A. Ravi river
B. Sutluj River
C. Jhelum river
D. Chenab river
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on January 22, 2019 dedicated to the nation Kerrian Gandyal bridge in Kathua district of Jammu. The bridge has been constructed over river Ravi in Kathua district in a record time of over three years. The 1.2 km long span-bridge over the river Ravi has been constructed at a cost of rupees 158.84 crore and will improve inter-state connectivity. This project will benefit over 2,20,000 people living on the two sides – Kathua in Jammu, and Pathankot in Punjab. This will reduce the distance between the two cities from 45 kms to 8.6 kms, which will save on both time and fuel cost.
The National Highway (NH) network in Jammu and Kashmir has seen an increase of 969 kms in the last four years. The total length of National Highways in the State was 1695 kms in 2014, which has gone up to 2664 kms in 2018.
9. Consider the following statements related to Operation Kabbadi.
1. Operation Kabbadi mentioned in a book called Line on Fire: Ceasefire Violations and India-Pakistan Escalation Dynamics
2. The Happimon Jacob is a author of Line on Fire: Ceasefire Violations and India-Pakistan Escalation Dynamics.
Indian Army had planned ‘Operation Kabaddi,’ to carried out its largest operation to end infiltration by capturing at least 25 selected Pakistani posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in September 2001. This story is based on the books Line on Fire: Ceasefire Violations and India-Pakistan Escalation Dynamics.
The report says that the operation would have been on a scale far larger than the “land-grab” attempted by Pakistan, which led to the Kargil war in 1999, as well as the surgical strikes launched by India in 2016, says the book,
Citing the author of the book and Jawaharlal Nehru University Professor Happymon Jacob, The Hindu report says that, the objective of the operation was to change the geography of the LoC with access to tactical points there, which would then help the Army tackle the infiltration of militants by the Pakistani side. The operation didn’t materialise due to 9/11 terror attacks.
10. According to the Crisil report, which state achieved the growth rate of 11.3 percent in the year 2018 in terms of GDP that is highest for any Indian states?
Bihar has been ranked the top state in terms of GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product) growth in financial year 2017-18, according to a report by Crisil. The state has topped the list by clocking 11.3 percent GSDP growth in fiscal 2018. It was ranked at eighth spot in fiscal 2017 with 9.9 percent GSDP growth.
The second spot has been secured by Andhra Pradesh, whose GSDP growth in FY18 jumped to 11.2 percent. Gujarat listed third with growth of 11.1 percent.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.