1. According to the Lloyds report, which is the only port in India that has got listed amongst the top 30 container ports globally?
A. Kandla port, Gujarat
B. Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust , Maharashtra
C. Marmagao Port, Goa
D. Vizag port, Andhra Pradesh
2. The ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ (GDPR), which was the news recently, is associated with which organization / country?
A. European Union
B. World Trade Organization
D. International Monetary Fund
3. Sitanshu Yashashchandra has been awarded 27th Saraswati Samman. He is noted poet of which languages?
4. Who was the chief guest of the 15th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Conference?
A. Leo Varadkar
B. Ameenah Gurib
C. Antonio Costa
D. Pravind Jugnauth
5. Which state on January 20 declared the Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF)–the state’s only conservation festival, as a “state festival”?
B. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
D. Arunachal Pradesh
6. Where was the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas conference held?
C. New Delhi
7. Consider the following statements ?
1. After analyzing new data from NASA’s Cassini spacecraft, scientists have come to the conclusion that a day’s period on Saturn is 10 hours 33 minutes and 38 seconds.
2. Christopher Mankovic, a graduate student at Astronomy in the University of California, succeeded in determining the period of Saturn’s planet after analyzing Saturn’s rings.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor
8. Consider the following statements related to the Lotus-inspired biodegradable water repellent material developed?
1. A water-repelling, biodegradable material inspired by lotus leaves has been developed by a joint team of researchers from India.
2. In order to mould the cellulose, cellulose powder dissolved in trifluoroacetic acid was used. After this,acid was removed through controlled drying to ensure environmental sustainability.
3. Chander Shekhar Sharma, a member of the team at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar, told India Science Wire, “our work can be further developed to achieve commercial, environmentally sustainable super-hydrophobic material by upscaling the fabrication process.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
9. Where was the Second World Integrated Medical Forum Conference on Homeopathic Regulation held on January 23, 2019?
10. Consider the following statements related to the India Africa Field Training Exercise?
1. The joint training exercise is being conducted with more than a dozen African countries & India.
2. The initial planning conference for the exercise was held in December 2018.
Answer: 1) B
The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), India’s premiere container portgot listed amongst the top 30 container ports globally, as per the latest Lloyds Report. JNPT notched up five spots, to be 28th on the list, compared to its previous ranking.This is a validation of all the efforts and strategic initiatives being implemented at JNPT in order to enhance overall port efficiency.
Answer: 2) A
The General Data Protection Regulation was fully implemented under the leadership of the European Union. It was announced that it is compulsory for all companies to follow the general data protection regulation for companies using EU citizens’ data. The General Data Protection Regulation is a control mechanism under which the data protection rights of citizens in the entire EU have been strengthened and standardized.
Answer: 3) C
Noted Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashashchandra has been awarded Saraswati Samman, for his poetry collection in Gujarati named “Vakhar”. This is the 27th edition of the prestigious award instituted by K.K.Birla foundation given every year to an outstanding work of an Indian citizen published during the last 10 years in any of the languages mentioned in Schedule 8 of the constitution. The award comprises of a citation and a plaque apart from award money of 15 lakh rupees. Noted film director and author Gulzar gave away the award at a solemn function at National museum auditorium in New Delhi.
Answer: 4) D
The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in holy city of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) from January 21 to January 23, 2019. Its theme will be “Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India”. The mega event will be organised by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in association with Uttar Pradesh government. It will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Mauritian counterpart Pravind Jugnauth.
Answer: 5) D
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has announced that the ‘Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF)’will the “state festival”.He made this announcement during 5th edition of festival held at Seijosa in East Kameng district on the bank of Pakke River.The first-ever PPHF was held on January 16–18, 2015.
Answer: 6) A
The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in holy city of Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) from January 21 to January 23, 2019. Its theme will be “Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India”. The mega event will be organised by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in association with Uttar Pradesh government.
Answer: 7) C
After analyzing new data from NASA’s Cassini spacecraft, researchers believed to have solved a longstanding mystery of solar system science: the length of a day on Saturn. It is 10 hours, 33 minutes and 38 seconds.It’s a figure that has eluded planetary scientists for decades, because the gas giant has no solid surface with landmarks to track as it rotates, and it has an unusual magnetic field that hides the planet’s rotation rate. The answer, it turned out, was hidden in the rings.Christopher Mankovich, a graduate student in astronomy and astrophysics at University of California, Santa Cruz, used the data to study wave patterns within the rings. During Cassini’s orbits of Saturn, instruments examined the icy, rocky rings in unprecedented detail.
His work determined that the rings respond to vibrations within the planet itself, acting similarly to the seismometers used to measure movement caused by earthquakes. The inside of Saturn vibrates at frequencies that cause variations in its gravitational field. The rings, in turn, detect those movements in the field.
The rotation rate of 10:33:38 that the analysis yielded is several minutes faster than previous estimates in 1981, which were based on radio signals from NASA’s Voyager spacecraft.
Answer: 8) D
A water-repelling, biodegradable material inspired by lotus leaves has been developed by a joint team of researchers from India, Switzerland and Italy.Super-hydrophobic or water repellent materials are used in various industrial and other applications, such as healthcare, self-cleaning textiles, oil spill management, corrosion resistance, sensor manufacturing, robotics and 3D printing. However, most of these materials are made using petroleum derivatives, fluorinated compounds and textured inorganic materials.
The newly developed material is fully organic and biodegradable. It is inspired by lotus leaves that are composed of cellulose as base substance and utilize naturally formed wax to achieve water repelling property. In order to mould the cellulose, cellulose powder dissolved in trifluoroacetic acid was used. After this,acid was removed through controlled drying to ensure environmental sustainability. Finally, textured cellulose was coated with carnauba wax – a natural wax found in palm trees and which is similar to the one found in lotus leaves.The new material is not only biodegradable bur can also be made flexible by adding glycerol, which is a natural plasticizer.Dr. Chander Shekhar Sharma, a member of the team at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar, told India Science Wire, “our work can be further developed to achieve commercial, environmentally sustainable super-hydrophobic material by upscaling the fabrication process. It can be suitable for applications where short term functionality and environmental friendliness is required, such as one time use bioanalytical tests, cell cultures, drug delivery and foldable and disposable electronics”.
Answer: 9) C
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, will inaugurate the 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 on the ‘Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products; Advancing global collaboration’ organised on 23-25 January 2019 at Goa.
Answer: 10) C
Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX)-2019 is scheduled to be conducted at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.The joint training exercise is being conducted with more than a dozen African countries & India.It aims at synergysing humanitarian mine action and joint peace operations.The initial planning conference for the exercise was held in December 2018.The IAFTX-2019 is a positive step towards growing political and military ties with the member nations of African continent and will boost the already strong strategic cooperation between the countries.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.