1. Which two satellites were lifted by PSLV-C44?
A. Microsat-I and GSAT-12
B. Microsat-R and Kalmasat
C. Kalamat and GSAT-12
D. Microsat-PI and CubeSat
2. In which field, Michael Legrand, who died at 86, won three Oscars?
3. Consider the following statements related to the 1956 Olympics gold medallist Raghbir Bhola ?
1. He represented India in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics and won a gold medal.
2. In 1960 Rome Olympics he won a silver medal for the country.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
4. Consider the following statements related to the PSLV-DL?
1. This flight marked the first mission of PSLV-DL.
2. It is the 46th flight of Polar Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
3. ‘Kalamsat’ is named after former President A P J Abdul Kalam.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. What is the new name of European country Macedonia?
A. Republic of South Macedonia
B. Republic of East Macedonia
C. Republic of West Macedonia
D. Republic of North Macedonia
6. Consider the following statements related to the BSNL to Offer Data Connectivity?
1. The SMS based data connectivity will work with the help of a technology embedded in a mobile App.
2. The app will detect if the user’s area has poor network connectivity. If yes, then the app will send commands to the Be-Bound server.
3. This commands would be sent send SMS from the user’s account.
7. Which of the followings on 26 January-2019 showcased its tableau in prestigious Republic Day Parade with the theme “Mohan se Mahatma”?
A. Uttar Pradesh Government
B. Indian Railways
C. Union Ministry of Culture
D. Union Ministry of Tourism
8. Consider the following statements related to the International Film Festival, 2019?
1. The objective of promoting the Festival is to encourage states that have showcased potential of promoting cinema.
2. Jharkhand was chosen as the State in Focus at IFFI 2018.
9. Krishna Sobti, who recently died, was not the author of which of the following books?
A. Mitro Marjani
C. Surajmukhi Andhere Ke
D. Aapka Bunty
10. Consider the following statements?
1. South Africa all-rounder Johan Botha has announced his immediate retirement from all forms of Cricket.
2. Botha played for South Africa in five test matches, 78 one-day internationals and 40 T20 Internationals from 2005 to 2012.
3. He moved to Australia in 2012 to play in that country’s domestic leagues, and in 2016 became an Australian citizen.
A. 1 and 2 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
Answer: 1) B
India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C44) successfully injected Microsat-R and Kalamsat-V2 satellites into their designated orbits. The PSLV-C44 lifted off at 23:37 Hrs (IST) on January 24, 2019 from the First Launch Pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota in its 46th flight.
Answer: 2) A
Michel Legrand, three-time Oscar winner and composer of such classic film songs as “The Windmills of Your Mind,” “I Will Wait for You,” “You Must Believe in Spring” and “What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?,” along with the groundbreaking musical score for “The Umbrellas of Cherbourg,” has died. He was 86.
Answer: 3) C
Former India hockey player Raghbir Singh Bhola, a two-time Olympic medallist, has passed away.
He represented India in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics and won a gold medal.In 1960 Rome Olympics he won a silver medal for the country.He successfully captained the Indian Air Force hockey and Services team from 1954-60 and won the Inter Services Hockey Championship three times and the National Hockey Championship on two occasions.
Answer: 4) D
ISRO successfully injected Microsat-R and Kalamsat-V2 satellites into their designated orbits lifted by PSLV-C44.The First Launch Pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR,Sriharikota in its 46th flight. After injection, two solar arrays of the satellite were deployed automatically and ISRO Telemetry Tracking & Command Network (ISTRAC) at Bengaluru assumed control of the satellite.Subsequently,the fourth stage (PS4) of the vehicle was moved to a higher circular orbit of 453 km after two restarts of the stage, to establish an orbital platform for carrying out experiments. Kalamsat-V2, a student payload, first to use PS4 as an orbital platform, was taken to its designated orbit about 1 hour and 40 minutes after lift-off.This flight marked the first mission of PSLV-DL, a new variant of PSLV with two strap-on motors.
In the previous PSLV launch on November 29, PSLV-C43 had successfully launched India’s HysIS as well as 30 customer satellites from abroad.The PSLV-C44 mission was unique as it was for the first time ISRO used the last stage of the rocket as a platform to perform experiments in space.According to the ISRO chairman K. Sivan, this new low cost technology will help students to conduct several inspiring experiments in space by attaching their instruments to the last stage of the rocket. Microsat-R is an imaging satellite whereas Kalamsat-V2 is a student payload. ‘Kalamsat’ is named after former President A P J Abdul Kalam. It is the world’s lightest and smallest satellite built by a student start-up from Chennai. Microsat-R will be used to take high-resolution photos of the Earth for defence research.
Answer: 5) D
Macedonia has changed its country’s name to the Republic of Northern Macedonia. The decision of Macedonia has ended with the conflict with Greece over the past several years. The agreement was signed with the dialogue between the two countries. European Union, United Nations, Greece and other global powers welcomed this step of Macedonia, after the name of the Republic of Northern Europe was named.
Answer: 6) D
BSNL has signed a partnership agreement with the French company Be-Bound to offer data connectivity through SMS in areas where there is no Internet connectivity or signal breaks. The SMS based data connectivity will work with the help of a technology embedded in a mobile App. The app will detect if the user’s area has poor network connectivity. If yes, then the app will send commands to the Be-Bound server. This commands would be sent send SMS from the user’s account. Be-Bound server will facilitate SMS based data connectivity after getting a command from the app. The connectivity is based on SMS sent to and from between the app and the Be-Bound server. This technology was first introduced in France and it is also being tested in some of the African countries. In India, BSNL is in talks with some apps to implement the technology.
Answer: 7) B
The Indian Railways will make a comeback to the Republic Day parade on Saturday with its tableau depicting Gandhi’s life journey titled, “Mohan to Mahatma”, according to two officials familiar with the matter.The tableau will also display 3D images of a bullet train, likely to be operational in India by 2022, and Train 18, billed as the fastest train in the country.
Answer: 8) C
With a view to promote and showcase the Best of Indian cinema, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, through Directorate of Film Festivals, will be lending support to the organization of 2nd Jharkhand International Film Festival in Ranchi, Jharkhand from 1st to 3rd February, 2019.The objective of promoting the Festival is to encourage states that have showcased potential of promoting cinema.The support is being provided under the “Grants in Aid” scheme.Jharkhand was chosen as the State in Focus at IFFI 2018.
Answer: 9) D
Eminent Hindi author and essayist Krishna Sobti died in Delhi, family sources said. She was 93.Born in 1925, Sobti was known for writing about issues of female identity and sexuality. “Mitro Marjani”, “Zindaginama” and “Surajmukhi Andhere Ke” were some of her famous works.
Answer: 10) D
Former South Africa all-rounder Johan Botha has announced his immediate retirement from all forms of Cricket. Both played for South Africa in five test matches, 78 one-day internationals and 40 T20 Internationals from 2005 to 2012.Botha captained the Proteas in 10 ODIs and took the team to the No. 1 ranking after they defeated Australia 4-1 in Australia in 2009.Johan Botha is a former South Africancricketer who played for the South African national team between 2005 and 2012.He moved to Australia in 2012 to play in that country’s domestic leagues, and in 2016 became an Australian citizen.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.