1. Who was the Chief Guest of Republic Day 2019 Parade at Rajpath?
A. South Africa President Cyril Ramaphosa
B. Prime Minister of Bhutan Loty Tshering
C. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro
D. Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina
2. Who is the winner of the Australian Open 2019 Grand Slam Women’s Singles title?
A. Petra Kvitova
B. Naomi Osaka
C. Simona Halep
D. Serena Williams
3. In the cleanliness survey of IRCTC, which has been emerged as the cleanest railway zone under the category of other than Premium Category trains?
A. Southern Railway
B. South Central Railway
C. South Western Railway
D. Eastern Frontier Railway
4. Who is the winner of Indonesia Masters Badminton Tournament 2019?
A. He Bingjiao
B. V. Sindhu
C. Carolina Marin
D. Saina Nehwal
5. Consider the following statements?
1. The Commonwealth of Learning is an intergovernmental organisation of The Common wealth headquartered in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
2. Karthyayani Amma has been selected as the Commonwealth of Learning Goodwill Ambassador for India.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor
6. At which of the following places, did the fourth edition of ‘Bharat Parv’ started?
A. Red Fort, Delhi
B. India Gate, Delhi
C. Gateway of India, Mumbai
D. Rajghat, Delhi
7. Consider the following statements?
1. Ronojoy Dutta has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IndiGo.
2. Dutta also served as the President of Air Sahara for two years.
D. Neither 1 nor 2
8. Eminent writer Gita Mehta declined to accept the Padma Shri award. Which Chief Minister’s sister?
A. Kamal Nath
B. Ashok Gehlot
C. Devendra Fadnavis
D. Naveen Patnaik
9. Consider the following statements?
1. The Pakistan government declared sugarcane juice as the “national drink” of the country.
2. People were asked to decide on the country’s national drink with two other options e. orange and carrot.
10. A special tourist train ‘Samantha Express’ has been announced covering prominent places associated with which of the followings?
A. Ram Manohar Lohia and Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
B. Jyotiba Phule and Mahatma Buddha
C. Ramaswamy Naikar and Mahatma Gandhi
D. B R Ambedkar and Mahatma Buddha
Answer: 1) A
The 70th Republic Day was celebrated with huge pomp and show in New Delhi as a grand parade rolled down Rajpath. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid a floral wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti which was followed by the unfurling of the flag by President Ram Nath Kovind with a 21-gun salute in the background. The PM and President were accompanied by South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, who is the Chief Guest for the event.
Answer: 2) B
Japan’s Naomi Osaka won her maiden Australian Open Grand Slam Singles title at Melbourne. In the Final, Osaka, seeded fourth, defeated eighth placed Czech Petra Kvitova, 7-6, 5-7, 6-4 to become the first Asian player to achieve the world number one ranking.
Answer: 3) A
According to the ‘Total Cleanliness Survey’ conducted by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), North Western Railway (NWR), is the cleanest railway zone in the ‘Premium’ category trains, and Southern Railway is the cleanest among the ‘Other than Premium’ category’ trains.
Answer: 4) D
World number nine Saina Nehwal was crowned the women’s singles champion at the Indonesia Masters Super 500 tournament after Carolina Marin pulled out of the much-anticipated final with an injury midway during the first game.
Answer: 5) C
96-year-old Karthyayani Amma has been selected as the Commonwealth of Learning Goodwill Ambassador for India.The Commonwealth of Learning is an intergovernmental organisation of The Commonwealth headquartered in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.It aims to promote distance education and open learning among its 53 member nations.She topped Aksharalaksham literacy examination conducted by Kerala State Literacy Mission.
Answer: 6) A
Fourth edition of Bharat Parv, showcasing the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat began at Red Fort in Delhi.It will continue till 31st January.The five day event is a part of Republic Day Celebration.The objective of this festival is to generate a patriotic fervour and promote rich cultural diversity of the country.
Answer: 7) C
Ronojoy Dutta has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IndiGo.
Dutta would be taking the charge of CEO from the company’s co-founder and interim CEO Rahul Bhatia.Dutta was President of United Airlines, where he worked for nearly twenty yearsDutta also served as the President of Air Sahara for two years.
Answer: 8) D
Author Gita Mehta, who is Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s sister, declined to accept the Padma Shri award, saying its timing could be “misconstrued” in an election year.
Answer: 9) C
The Pakistan government declared sugarcane juice as the “national drink” of the country.The announcement came after the government conducted a Twitter poll.
People were asked to decide on the country’s national drink with two other options i.e. orange and carrot.According to the poll, 7,616 people or 81 per cent cast their votes favouring sugarcane juice, 15 percent voted for orange juice while 4 percent chose carrot.
Answer: 10) D
A special tourist train covering prominent places associated with chief architect of the Indian Constitution Dr BR Ambedkar and Gautam Buddha.The train will embark on its maiden journey on April 14 from Nagpur.The train, ‘Samantha Express’, will be run by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.The train will cover Chaityabhoomi (Mumbai), Mhow (Indore), Bodhgaya (Gaya), Sarnath (Varanasi), Lumbini (Nautanwa), Kushinagar (Gorakhpur), Deekshabhoomi (Nagpur), all places linked with either Lord Buddha or Ambedkar.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.