1. According to the first advance estimate of FY 2018-19, the Per Capita Net National Income during 2018-19 (at current price) is estimated to be:
The economy is expected to grow at 7.2 per cent this fiscal, against 6.7 per cent in FY18, according to data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO).This GDP estimate is higher than many other forecasts, but lower than the RBI’s projections. Most private economists have already lowered India’s growth forecast to around 7 per cent for FY19, while the RBI’s estimate is 7.4 per cent. A closer look at the growth data reveals that per capita income is estimated to rise by over 11 per cent to reach ₹1,25,397.
2. Which country’s King Sultan Muhammad V has abdicated on January 6, 2019, in a historic first for the country?
Malaysian King Sultan Muhammad V abdicated in an unexpected move, after just two years on the throne. The palace said in a statement that the 49-year-old ruler had resigned as Malaysia’s 15th king with immediate effect, cutting short his five-year term. No reason was given in the statement. It marked the first abdication in the nation’s history. Sultan Muhammad V, ruler of northeast Kelantan state, took his oath of office in December 2016, becoming one of Malaysia’s youngest constitutional monarchs.
3. Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP) and the National Data Repository (NDR) were in the news. Both of these are related to which of followings?
A. Land Acquisition and Land Bank
B. Hydrocarbon area distribution
C. Irrigated agriculture land and water use
D. MNREGA employment creation and created assets
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on January 7, 2019 launched NIO and MRSC for Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP) Bid Round-II. In this bid round, 14 E&P blocks, with an area of approximately 30,000 sq. km., are being offered for bidding to the investor community under the investor friendly HELP regime. 10 blocks are based on Expressions of Interest submitted by the bidders, and 4 blocks have been carved out by the Government based on data received through the National Seismic Programme and the Resource Reassessment Study carried out by the Government.
The Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy (HELP) replacing the erstwhile New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) was approved in March 2016 and the Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP) along with the National Data Repository (NDR) were launched in June 2017 as the key drivers to accelerate the Exploration and Production (E&P) activities in India. The programme envisages six monthly periodic bidding rounds starting from July 1, 2017.
4. Consider the following statements:
1. The Union Home Ministry has constituted the nine-member committee headed by former bureaucrat MP Bezbarauah for implementation of Clause six of the Assam.
2. Clause 6 has the provision of deporting of all illegal migrants from Assam.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor
The Union Home Ministry has constituted a High-Level Committee for implementation of Clause six of the Assam Accord which was signed in 1985. The Union Cabinet had approved the setting up of the committee on January 2, 2019. As per the notification, the nine-member committee, comprising of eminent Assamese persons from different fields, is headed by former bureaucrat MP Bezbarauah. The committee will examine the effectiveness of actions since 1985 to implement Clause 6 of the Assam Accord. The committee will also assess the requirement of measures to be taken to protect Assamese and other indigenous languages of Assam and quantum of reservation in employment under the state government.
5. Consider the following statements
1. Union Minister for Textiles Smriti Irani inaugurated the Women’s Science Congress at the Lovely Professional University in Jalandhar.
2. Mrs Irani unveiled the 55 feet tall ‘Metal Magna’ at the gates of the Lovely Professional University
3. Metal Magna is a Robot structure.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
Union Minister for Textiles Smriti Irani inaugurated the Women’s Science Congress at the Lovely Professional University in Jalandhar. Women’s Science Congress is a part of of the 106th Indian Science Congress. This is the eighth chapter of the Women’s Science Congress since it started in 2012. The objective of the Women’s Science Congress is to showcase the work of women scientists. Many leading women scientists and distinguished women from other disciplines are participating in talks and discussions in the Congress.
Mrs Irani unveiled the 55 feet tall Robot structure ‘Metal Magna’ at the gates of the Lovely Professional University.The Robot structure is made up of 25 tons of steel and was built in 2 months by 50 students from the Mechanical and Civil Engineering departments of Lovely Professional University.
6. With reference to Fugitive Economic Offenders Act (FEOA), consider the following statements:
1. This Act became a law in 2018.
2. This act allows for declaring a person as an offender after an arrest warrant has been issued against the individual.
3. This act allows for declaring a person as an offender against whom the value of offences exceeds Rs. 50
A special court in Mumbai declared absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya a fugitive economic offender (FE) on a plea of the Enforcement Directorate. Special judge MS Azmi declared Mallya an FEOA under Section 12 of the Act. Mallya has become the first businessman to be declared an FEO under the provisions of the new Fugitive Economic Offenders Act (FEOA) which came into existence on July 31, 2018. The ED had requested the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court that Mallya, who is currently in the UK, be declared a fugitive and his properties be confiscated and brought under the control of the Union government as per the provisions of the new FEO Act. Mallya, accused of defaulting on loan repayments and money laundering, had left India in March 2016.
7. Consider the following statements:
1. Chang’e 4 is the first mission to land on the dark side of the moon.
2. The Chang’e lunar mission is named after the Chinese moon goddess.
3. The rover which landed on the dark side of the moon is named Yutu 2 which is the pet panda of Chang’e in Chinese folklore.
The Chang’e-4 spacecraft of China touched down on the far side of the Moon. It touched down at a targeted area near the moon’s south pole in the Von Karman Crater. Previous Moon missions have landed on the Earth-facing side, but this is the first attempt to explore the far side from the surface. The Yutu 2 rover that landed on Moon, is named after the pet rabbit belonging to the mythical Chinese lunar goddess Chang’e. The landing represents the first ever such attempt and landing on the far side of the Moon, which has distinct characteristics to the near side we can see from Earth.
8. Who has become the first businessman to be declared fugitive economic offender under the provisions of the new Fugitive Economic Offenders Act (FEOA)?
A. Neerav Modi
B. Mehul Choski
C. Lalit Modi
D. Vijay Mallya
A special court in Mumbai declared absconding liquor baron Vijay Mallya a fugitive economic offender (FE) on a plea of the Enforcement Directorate. Special judge MS Azmi declared Mallya an FEOA under Section 12 of the Act. Mallya has become the first businessman to be declared an FEO under the provisions of the new Fugitive Economic Offenders Act (FEOA) which came into existence on July 31, 2018.
9. Consider the following statements:
1. About 80 petroglyhs have been discovered at Mekala Benchi in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh.
2. Mekala Benchi rock carvings are from the Neolithic to the Megalithic period
3. The above mentioned petroglyphs have been discovered by archaeologist Yadav Raghu.
A.1 and 2 are correct
About 80 petroglyhs have been discovered at Mekala Benchi in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. After Kandanathi, this is Andhra Pradesh’s second largest petroglyph site which contains About 80 petroglyhs. Kandanathi, with 200 petroglyphs, is also in Kurnool district. Petroglyphs are rock carvings. Mekala Benchi rock carvings are from the Neolithic to the Megalithic period and Kandanathi’s carvings range from the prehistoric to the historic period.
Boulders, one known as ‘Boodida Konda’ (ash-coloured hill) and the other an unnamed granite hillock, mostly have images of bulls or bull-riding, and human figures, an elephant, tiger-like animals and cupules.The above mentioned petroglyphs have been discovered by archaeologist Yadav Raghu.
10. Consider the following statements:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed an 10 member expert committee to review and propose long-term solutions for revival of the MSME sector.
2. The expert committee headed by former SEBI chairman U.K. Sinha
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed an 8 member expert committee headed by former SEBI chairman U.K. Sinha to comprehensively review and propose long-term solutions for revival of the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) sector. Other members of the expert committee are Ram Mohan Mishra, Additional Secretary, Development Commissioner MSME; Pankaj Jain, Joint Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance; P. K. Gupta, Managing Director, SBI; Abhiman Das, Professor, IIM-Ahmedabad; Sharad Sharma, co-founder, iSPIRT Foundation; and Bindu Ananth, Chair, Dvara Trust. The committee will submit its report by the end of June 2019. According to RBI, the expert committee would review the current institutional framework in place to support the MSME sector, and examine the factors affecting the timely and adequate availability of finance to the sector.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.