The award includes 4 Padma Vibhushan, 14 Padma Bhushan & 94 Padma Shri
(1) The Government of India has conferred the 112 Padma awards – the higher civilian award for the year 2019 on the eve of 70th Republic day. The Ministry of Home Affairs on Friday sent out a press release announcing the Padma awards for 2019. The President of India, Ram nath Kovind awards all the veterans in a ceremonial function
held between March to April.
(2) Padma Awards – one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The Awards are given in various disciplines or fields of activities, such as – art, social work, public affairs, science and engineering, trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service, etc.
(3) This year as per the government nominations with a tough scrutiny, The Presidents Ram Nath Kovind confers totally 112 awards including one duo case (in a duo case, the Award is counted as one). The breakup of the award includes 4 Padma Vibhushan, 14 Padma Bhushan and 94 Padma Shri awards for the veteran civilians across India
in various fields.
(4) 21 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 11 persons from the category of Foreigners or NRI or PIO or OCI, 3 posthumous awardees and 1 transgender person.
A Brief descriptions of the Awards
(2) the award is given for “exceptional and distinguished service”, without distinction of race, occupation, position, or sex.
(3) The award criteria include “service in any field including service rendered by Government servants” including doctors and scientists, but excluding those working with the public sector undertakings.
(2) Instituted on 2 January 1954, the award is given for “distinguished service of a high order, without distinction of race, occupation, position or sex”.
(3) The award criteria include “service in any field including service rendered by Government servants” including doctors and scientists, but exclude those working with the public sector undertakings.
(2) The award was instituted in 1954 to be awarded to citizens of India in recognition of their distinguished contribution in various spheres of activity including the arts, education, industry, literature, science, sports, medicine, social service and public affairs.
(3) It has also been awarded to some distinguished individuals who were not citizens of India but did contribute in various ways to India.
Padma Vibhushan Awardees
(1) Teejan Bai – Art-Vocals-Folk – Chhattisgarh
(2) Ismail Omar Guelleh (Foreigner) – Public Affairs – Djibouti
(3) Anilkumar Manibhai Naik – Trade & Industry-Infrastructure – Maharashtra
(4) Balwant Moreshwar Purandare – Art-Acting-Theatre – Maharashtra
Padma Bhushan Awardees
(1) John Chambers (Foreigner) – Trade & Industry-Technology – USA
(2) Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa – Public Affairs – Punjab
(3) Pravin Gordhan (Foreigner) – Public Affairs – South Africa
(4) Mahashay Dharam Pal Gulati – Trade & Industry-Food Processing – Delhi
(5) Darshan Lal Jain – Social Work – Haryana
(6) Ashok Laxmanrao Kukade – Medicine-Affordable Healthcare – Maharashtra
(7) Kariya Munda – Public Affairs – Jharkhand
(8) Budhaditya Mukherjee – Art-Music-Sitar – West Bengal
(9) Mohanlal Viswanathan Nair – Art-Acting-Film – Kerala
(10) S Nambi Narayan – Science & Engineering-Space – Kerala
(11) Kuldip Nayar (Posthumous) – Literature & Education (Journalism) – Delhi
(12) Bachendri Pal – Sports (Mountaineering) – Uttarakhand
(13) V K Shunglu – Civil Service – Delhi
(14) Hukumdev Narayan Yadav – Public Affairs – Bihar
There are 94 Padma Shri awardees across India in various fields.
India and World
Pic courtesy: Newsd
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.