What to know?
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989
1. 19 offences in their own right (Section 3(1) contains 15 subsections with an equal number of offences. Section 3(2) contains four subsections with offences)
2. two derived offences (sections 3(2)(vi) and 3(2)(vii)). The derived offences are based on the offences given in the SC/ST Act. They only come in the picture provided that another offence under the SC/ST Act has been committed.
3. one subsection that increases the punishment for certain offences under the IPC (Section 3(2)(v)).
1. social disabilities (denial of access to certain places and to use customary passage and to get water from any spring, reservoir or any other source).
2. personal atrocities (forceful drinking or eating of inedible or obnoxious substance, against stripping, outrage of modesty, sexual exploitation, injury or annoyance).
3. atrocities affecting properties (land, residential premises, existing properties).
4. malicious prosecution.
5. political disabilities.
6. economic exploitation.
(Judiciary, Polity)(The hindu, wiki)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.