Why in news?
1. During this period, about 11,649 children were put up for in-country adoptions; of them 6,962 were girls and 4,687 were boys.
2. Of the 3,011 children that were placed for in-country adoption in 2015-16, as many as 1,855 were female children.
3. In the year 2016-17, as many as 3,210 children were placed under in-country adoptions and of them 1,915 were females.
4. The figures for 2017-18 and 2018-19 (till December 2018) were 3,276 and 2,152, of which the numbers of girl children were 1943 and 1249 respectively.
5. All the figures put together, female children comprise almost 60% of all in-country adoptions. When it came to inter-country adoptions, the number of female children was even higher: 69%. Of the 2,310 children placed under adoption between the same period, 1,594 were females.
Why more girls for adoption
(social sector)(The hindu)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.