1. Where was the 14th Agricultural Science Congress inaugurated ?
D. New Delhi
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. Sudan’s Omar al-Bashir declares state of emergency.
2. Mr Bashir asked parliament to postpone constitutional amendments that would allow him to run for another term.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. With which university did the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change signed an agreement on Forestry Science?
A. Howard University
B. Stanford University
C. University of British Columbia
D. Cambridge University
4. Consider the following statements ?
1. PM Modi launched PM-KISAN scheme by transferring 1st installment of Rs 2,000 to farmers.
2. Mr Modi marked the launch of the PM-KISAN scheme, through press of button, to electronically transfer the first installment of 2 thousand rupees to selected farmers.
3. The amount will be given in three installments of 2 thousand rupees each.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. Under Operation Digital Board, onward which class, Digital board will be introduced all over the country in government and government aided schools?
A. Class 9th
B. Class 6th
C. Class 8th
D. Class 10th
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. World’s largest bee spotted the first time since 1981.
2. It was first discovered in 1859 by the prominent scientist Alfred Russel Wallace and was presumed extinct.
7. On which date was the International Mother Language Day 2019 celebrated?
A. February 18
B. February 21
C. February 19
D. February 20
8. Consider the following statements ?
1. Manpreet Singh honoured with AHF’s Player of the Year.
2. Manpreet led the Indian team to an unbeaten streak at the Asian Champions Trophy in Muscat where the team was declared joint winners with Pakistan.
C. Both 1 and 2]
9. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, unveiled a bust of Mahatma Gandhi at which university in South Korea?
A. Yongsei University
B. Hanyang University
C. Seoul National University
D. Korea University
10. Consider the following statements ?
1. Apurvi Chandela wins gold in women’s 10m air rifle.
2. This is India’s first medal of the ISSF World Cup 2019.
Answer: 1) D
The 14th Agricultural Science Congress was organized by the National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS) and ICAR – Indian Agricultural Research Institute in the premises of the NAAS, Complex in New Delhi.Innovations for Agricultural Transformations was the timely theme of the Congress. The congress was attended by 1736 delegates including 506 students. Forty-three delegates from 17 countries including USA, UK, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Kenya participated in the Congress.
Answer: 2) C
Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir has declared a year-long state of emergency, dissolving his cabinet and local governments throughout the country. Mr Bashir asked parliament to postpone constitutional amendments that would allow him to run for another term. He also announced at five members of the outgoing cabinet, including the foreign, defence and justice ministers, would keep their jobs. Since December 2018, various areas in Sudan have been witnessing popular protests over the deteriorating economic conditions and price hikes of basic commodities.
Answer: 3) C
An MoU was signed between Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) and University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada for next 10 years in New Delhi. Both institutions shall explore opportunities for future collaborations in the field of forestry science through their respective organizations. The MoU will help in exchange of students, researchers, and faculty, developing research projects, livelihood opportunities and augment income of the forest-based communities and also assist the industries to optimize the utilization of forest-based resources with access of technology to different stakeholders by the respective organizations.
Answer: 4) D
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, PM-KISAN scheme at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.Mr Modi marked the launch of the PM-KISAN scheme, through press of button, to electronically transfer the first installment of 2 thousand rupees to selected farmers. The amount will be transferred directly to the bank account of beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer. The amount will be given in three installments of 2 thousand rupees each. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was announced in the interim Budget 2019-20.Under the Scheme, Rs 6,000 will be given per year to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding of up to 2 hectares.
Answer: 5) A
Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched Operation Digital Board in New Delhi to leverage technology in order to boost quality education in the country. According to Javadekar, Operation Digital Board is a revolutionary step which will make the learning as well as the teaching process interactive and popularize flipped learning as a pedagogical approach. Digital board will be introduced all over the country in government and government aided schools from class 9th onwards as well as in higher education institutions. The process will begin from the coming session of 2019 itself, the Minister explained.
Answer: 6) C
A team of researchers spotted the world’s giant bee which is as big as a human thumb, in Indonesia for the first time since 1981.Wallace’s giant bee, known by the scientific name Megachile pluto, is the world’s largest bee species. It was first discovered in 1859 by the prominent scientist Alfred Russel Wallace and was presumed extinct.
Answer: 7) B
International Mother Language Day (IMLD) is a worldwide annual observance held on 21 February to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and promote multilingualism. First announced by UNESCO on 17 November 1999, it was formally recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in a resolution establishing 2008 as the International Year of Languages. The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day was the initiative of Bangladesh. In Bangladesh the 21 February is the anniversary of the day when Bangladeshis fought for recognition for the Bangla language. 21st February was declared to be the International Mother Language Day by UNESCO in 1999. It has been observed throughout the world since February 21st, 2000. The declaration came up in tribute to the Language Movement done by the Bangladeshis.
Answer: 8) C
The Asian Hockey Federation has honoured Indian skipper Manpreet Singh with the 2018 Player of the Year award. Women team’s striker Lalremsiami has bagged the Rising Player of The Year prize. Manpreet led the Indian team to an unbeaten streak at the Asian Champions Trophy in Muscat where the team was declared joint winners with Pakistan. He also contributed to the team’s silver medal win at the FIH Champions Trophy in Breda.
Answer: 9) C
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, unveiled a bust of Mahatma Gandhi at Yonsei University in Seoul.The President of the Republic of Korea, Mr. Moon Jae-in, First Lady of the Republic of Korea, Kim Jung-sook, and former Secretary General of the United Nations, Mr. Ban Ki-moon, were present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister described it as an honour to unveil the bust of Bapu at Yonsei University.This becomes even more special because we are doing so at a time when we mark the 150th birth anniversary of Bapu, the Prime Minister said.
Answer: 10) C
Apurvi Chandela has won the gold medal in the women’s 10-metre air rifle event at the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi.This is India’s first medal of the ISSF World Cup 2019.She set a new world record by registering a score of 252.9 points in the final.The tournament will now offer 14 quotas for the 2020 Olympic Games instead of the original 16.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.