Why in news
As per para 2 of Chapter VII of Code of Procedure of Tagore Award, the Jury comprises of the following persons:-
1. Prime Minister of India Chairman (ex-officio)
2. Chief Justice of India Member (ex-officio)
3. Leader of the Opposition recognized as such in the Lok Sabha or where there is no such Leader of Opposition then, the Leader of the single largest opposition party in that House
4. Eminent person Nominated Member
5. Eminent person Nominated member
The First Tagore Award – 2012 was conferred upon Pt. Ravi Shankar, the Indian Sitar Maestro and the Second Award – 2013 was conferred upon Maestro Zubin Mehta.
Shri Rajkumar Singhajit Singh, Chhayanaut (a cultural organization of Bangladesh); and Shri Ram Sutar Vanji have been selected for the year 2014, 2015 & 2016.
Pic courtesy: Telegraph India
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.