1. Consider the following statements :
1. The first Geneva Convention protects wounded and sick soldiers on land during war.
2. The second Geneva Convention protects wounded, sick and shipwrecked military personnel at sea during the war.
3. The third Geneva Convention applies to prisoners of war.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. Consider the following statements :
1. Assam Chief Minister has launched the Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Commission.
2. It was approved by the state cabinet in 2018.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Consider the following statements :
1. The 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 was conducted in Hyderabad, Telangana.
2. The theme of the conference was “Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption”.
4. Consider the following statements :
1. The Minister for Human Resources Development launched SHREYAS.
2. SHREYAS is a programme basket comprising the initiatives of three Central Ministries, namely the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of Labour& Employment.
5. Who will be conferred with 2019’s META Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META) festival?
A. Jhumpa Lahiri
B. Ruskin Bond
C. Mahesh Elkunchwar
D. Mulk Raj Anand
6. Book ‘Quality, Accreditation & Ranking’ is authored by whom?
A. R. Rangaswamy
B. CH. Suresh Babu
C. V. Ramajujan
D. Dr H Chaturvedi
7. Who wins Cannes International Open trophy?
A. Abhijeet Gupta
B. Duryodhan Singh Negi
C. Pier Luigi Basso
D. Manish Kaushik
8. What amount was allocated for providing Minimum Support Price (MSP) to farmers in the recently presented Delhi budget?
A. 100 crore
B. 150 crore
C. 200 crore
D. 250 crore
9. Kotak Mahindra Bank raises foreign investment limit by what percent?
10. Who has conffered with Lifetime Achievement Awardat the FMSCI Annual Awards in Mumbai?
A. R. Karthikeyan
B. Raghul Rangasamy
C. Gautam Singhania
D. Narain Karthikeyan
Answer: 1) D
MiG-21 takes a hit while trying to intercept Pakistan’s planes Ministry of External Affairs demands ‘safe and immediate return’ of Wing Commander under Geneva Convention. Related Information.The Geneva Conventions of 1949 comprise four treaties and three additional protocols that define the standards of international law for humanitarian treatment in war.
The convention mandates the parties to the war to remain humane to non-combatants such as civilians and medical personnel, as well as to combatants who are no longer participating in hostilities, such as prisoners of war, or wounded in action.
4. The fourth Geneva Convention affords protection to civilians, including in occupied territory.
Answer: 2) C
Assam Chief Minister has launched the Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Commission. It is a panel set up to look after the issues with respect to the PRANAM Bill brought in for protection of parents of state government employees at Guwahati, Assam. It was approved by the state cabinet in 2018.
According to the Bill, if the PRANAM Commission gets a complaint that parents of a state government employee is being ignored, then 10% or 15% of the employee’s salary will be deducted by the government and paid to the parents or differently abled siblings. Private companies’ employees and central government employees in Assam would also be covered by the Bill at a later stage.
Answer: 3) C
The 16th edition of BioAsia 2019 -Asia’s largest biotechnology and life-sciences forum was conducted in Hyderabad, Telangana. The theme of the conference was “Life Sciences 4.0 – Disrupt the Disruption”.
BioAsia is an annual event organised by the Government of Telangana and it largely focuses on re-imagining healthcare after technological disruptions. The event agenda will touch upon many areas ranging from innovation and R&D, manufacturing, digital healthcare, diagnostics and hospital infections to anti-microbial resistance.
Answer: 4) C
The Minister for Human Resources Development launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS). The program aims to enhance the employability of Indian youth by providing ‘on the job work exposure’ and earning of stipend. SHREYAS is a programme basket comprising the initiatives of three Central Ministries, namely the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of Labour& Employment. SHREYAS portal will enable educational institutions and industry to log in and provide their respective demand and supply of apprenticeship. The State Governments are expected to play a major role in securing apprenticeship opportunities, apart from the Sector Skill Councils, so that general degree students passing out in April 2019, gain the option of industry & service sector apprenticeship.
Answer: 5) C
Eminent Indian playwright Mahesh Elkunchwar has been chosen for META Lifetime Achievement Award 2019. The award would be conferred on March 12 during the Mahindra Theater Festival.
Mahesh Elkunchwar is regarded as one of the progressive playwrights of the country and is critically-acclaimed and widely-known for having experimented with a wide range of drama and is considered a powerful force in both Indian and Marathi theatre scene. Mahesh Elkunchwar is also a recipient of the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship. He has over 30 plays and essays to his credit including works like ‘Sultan’, ‘Holi’, ‘Garbo’, ‘Yatanaghar’, and ‘Atmakatha’.
Answer: 6) D
Vice President Naidu was speaking on the occasion of a book launching function organized at his resident by the Education Promotion Society for India (EPSI), BIMTECH and Bloomsbury Pvt Ltd. The book titled “Quality, Accreditation and Ranking – A Silent Revolution in the Offing in Indian Higher Education” edited by EPSI’s Alternate President, Dr H Chaturvedi was released by the Hon’ble Vice President Naidu.
Answer: 7) A
Indian Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta finished with 7.5 points to win the Cannes International Open. He took an easy draw with Pier Luigi Basso of Italy in the ninth and final round.This was gupta’s first solo International tournament victory. Abhijeet had also tied for the first place at the Delhi International open in January.
Answer: 8) A
The AAP government Tuesday presented a Rs 60,000 crore budget for 2019-20 laying emphasis on the education, health and transport sectors and said it is “two times more” than the one presented in 2014-15.Sisodia announced an allocation of Rs 100 crore for providing Minimum Support Price (MSP) to farmers as recommended by the Swaminathan Commission. Sisodia said Delhi is the first state to implement Swaminathan Commission report on farming sector.
Answer: 9) B
Kotak Mahindra Bank has raised the limit on total shareholding of foreign institutional investors and foreign portfolio investors in the company to 45 percent from 43 percent.
Answer: 10) A
G.R. Karthikeyan, father of India’s first Formula One driver Narain Karthikeyan, was honored with the Lifetime Achievement award at the FMSCI annual awards function. FIA president Jean Todt was the chief guest and handed over the awards.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.