1. Consider the following statements :
1. ‘Banglar Shiksha’ web portal launched by West Bengal Government.
2. It will provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
2. Consider the following statements :
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana”.
2. Under this Yojana, 12 Commercial Scale and 10 demonstration scale Second Generation (2G) ethanol Projects will be provided with a Viability Gap Funding (VGF) support in two phases.
3. Consider the following statements :
1. AIIB and INDIA sign US$ 455 Million Loan to improve Rural Connectivity in State of Andhra Pradesh.
2. AIIB is a Multilateral Development Bank, headquartered in Beijing, which began operations in January
4. Consider the following statements :
1. The 7th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial Meeting Concludes in Cambodia.
2. The Meeting was chaired by Chutima Bunyapraphasara, Acting Minister of Commerce of Thailand.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?\
5. Consider the following statements :
1. Zhores Alferov, a Russian physicist and Nobel Prize laureate, has died.
2. In 2000, Alferov received the Nobel Prize in Physics for developing semiconductor hetero structures used in high-speed-and optoelectronics.
6. Consider the following statements :
1. Indian wrestlers win 4 medals including two golds at Dan Kolov-Nikol Petrov tournament.
2. Bajrang Punia and Pooja Dhanda won gold in the freestyle wrestling 65kg and 59kg category.
7. Which state government launched ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’?
D. Madhya Pradesh
8. Skill Saathi Youth Conclave is held in which city?
B. New Delhi
9. RTGS dollar is the new currency of which country?
10. Who won the Best Actor award in 91st Oscars?
A. Alfonso Cuarón
B. Rami Malek
C. Mahershala Ali
D. Mark Ronson
Answer: 1) C
West Bengal government unveiled a web portal, “Banglar Shiksha“. This portal is first of its kind in the country and it should come into commencement by May, 2019. It will provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools. The will also address many issues like attendance of students and teachers.
Answer: 2) C
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana” for providing financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock. Under this Yojana, 12 Commercial Scale and 10 demonstration scale Second Generation (2G) ethanol Projects will be provided with a Viability Gap Funding (VGF) support in two phases:
The scheme focuses to incentivise 2G Ethanol sector and support this nascent industry by creating a suitable ecosystem for setting up commercial projects and increasing Research & Development in this area.The ethanol produced by the scheme beneficiaries will be mandatorily supplied to Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to further enhance the blending percentage under the EBP Programme.
Answer: 3) C
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the Government of India signed a USD 455 million loan in New Delhi to finance the Andhra Pradesh Rural Roads Project. The objective of the Project is to improve road transport connectivity in previously unserved communities by providing all-weather rural roads in all 13 Districts of the State of Andhra Pradesh. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a Multilateral Development Bank, headquartered in Beijing, which began operations in January 2016. It aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia Pacific region. It is an initiative of the government of China.
China is the largest shareholder with 26.06% voting shares. India is the second largest shareholder with 7.5% voting shares followed by Russia (5.93%) and Germany (4.5%).
Answer: 4) C
The 7th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial Meeting Concludes in Cambodia. The Meeting was chaired by Chutima Bunyapraphasara, Acting Minister of Commerce of Thailand. The RCEP is a proposed free trade agreement between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the six Asia-Pacific states. These six Asia-Pacific countries are Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand.
Answer: 5) C
Zhores Alferov, a Russian physicist and Nobel Prize laureate, has died. In 2000, Alferov received the Nobel Prize in Physics together with US scientists Jack Kilby and Herbert Kroemer, for developing semiconductor heterostructures used in high-speed-and optoelectronics. He was elected a corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Sciences in 1972, and a full member in 1979.
Answer: 6) C
Indian wrestlers have won four medals including two golds at the Dan Kolov-Nikol Petrov tournament in Ruse, Bulgaria. Bajrang Punia won gold in the freestyle wrestling 65kg category. Pooja Dhanda claimed gold in the 59kg category. Rio Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik settled for a silver medal in the 65kg category final after a defeat by Sweden’s Henna Johansson of Sweden. In the men’s freestyle category, Sandeep Tomar won silver after he lost his final in the 61 kg category.
Answer: 7) D
Madhya Pradesh government launched the State Government’s flagship scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana’ that guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youth from economically weaker sections. Under the scheme, Rs 4,000 stipend per month during 100 days of the period would be given to the youth and they will also be given skill development training in order to become independent. Only those youths, whose family’s annual income is less than Rs 2 lakh and who are in the age group of 21-30 years, are eligible for the scheme.
Answer: 8) C
Union Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Inaugurated a “Skill Saathi Youth Conclave in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Skill Saathi is a career counselling initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation, under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, to create awareness about the Skill India Mission and guide candidates by providing them with information on career paths and opportunities.
Answer: 9) C
Zimbabwe banks start trading new currency RTGS dollar two days after the central bank announced measures to try and resolve a chronic monetary crisis.The bank unveiled a foreign exchange trading system that effectively devalued its quasi-currency, the bond note, which was officially pegged at parity with the US dollar.
Answer: 10) B
91st Academy Awards (Oscars) has been announced at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center, the USA.Rami Malek won the Best Actor for “Bohemian Rhapsody”, Olivia Colman won Best Actress for ‘The Favourite’ and Filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron won the Best Director award for ‘Roma’ at the 91st Academy Awards in Los Angeles.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.