1. Consider the following statements?
1. Fifteen of the 20 most polluted cities in the world are in India.
2. Gurugram led all cities in pollution levels in 2018 with Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Noida and Bhiwadi in the top six.
3. Out of the 20 most polluted cities in the world, 18 are in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. On which date was the ‘Jan Aushadhi Diwas’ celebrated?
A. March 4, 2019
B. March 7, 2019
C. March 5, 2019
D. March 6, 2019
3. Consider the following statements related to the One Nation One Card’?
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) dubbed as ‘One Nation One Card’.
2. This card runs on RuPay card and it will eliminate all travel related problems.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
4. Consider the following statements?
1. Women officers will be granted Permanent Commission in the Indian Army.
2. Earlier they get Permanent Commission only in two streams of Judge Advocate General and Army Education Corps.
5. Who among the following has been appointed as the Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) Director?
A. Utttam Sinha
B. Ajit Kumar Mohanty
C. Satheesh Reddy
6. Which city bagged award for cleanest city for third straight year in Swachh Survekshan 2019?
7. Consider the following statements?
1. World Bank to provide $250 Million dollar for NRETP.
2. The $250 million loan has a 5-year grace period, and a final maturity of 20 years.
8. Consider the following statements?
1. India offers world’s cheapest mobile data packs.
2. Zimbabwe is the most expensive country in which to buy mobile data – with an average cost of 1GB coming around $75.20.
3. Kyrgyzstan ($0.27), Kazakstan ($0.49), Ukraine ($0.51) and Rwanda ($ 0.56) completed the top five countries offering the cheapest data packs.
9. On which river has the Central Government approved ‘Keeru Hydro Power Project’?
D. Dibang river
10. ISRO and which country’s space agency CNES sealed an agreement to set up a joint maritime surveillance system in India ?
C. United Kingdom
Answer: 1) D
Fifteen of the 20 most polluted cities in the world are in India. Gurugram led all cities in pollution levels in 2018 with Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Noida and Bhiwadi in the top six. India’s national capital region (NCR) emerged as the most polluted region in the world in last year.
The latest data compiled in the IQAir AirVisual 2018 World Air Quality Report prepared in collaboration with Greenpeace Southeast Asia, reveals the state of particulate matter (PM2.5) pollution last year. Out of the 20 most polluted cities in the world, 18 are in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Answer: 2) B
The ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ was observed across the country on March 7, 2019. Prime Minister Jan Drug Project (PMBJP) is a scheme announced by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on July 01, 2015. In this scheme, the prices of high quality Generic Drugs are being reduced by the government by the market price. Public drug stores have been made by the government, where generic medicines are being provided.
Answer: 3) C
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) dubbed as ‘One Nation One Card’. The indigenously-developed card will enable users to pay for multiple kinds of charges including transport, metro services, toll tax, parking charges, retail shopping as well as to withdraw money across the country. In short, it is a one-stop card for multiple utilities. This card runs on RuPay card and it will eliminate all travel related problems.
Answer: 4) C
Women officers will be granted Permanent Commission in the Indian Army. They will get permanant comission in all the ten branches where they are inducted for Short Service Commission (SSC). Now, the Permanent Commission will be granted in Signals, Engineers, Army Aviation, Army Air Defence, Electronics and Mechanical Engineers, Army Service Corps, Army Ordnance Corps and Intelligence to women officers. Earlier they get Permanent Commission only in two streams of Judge Advocate General and Army Education Corps. SSC women officers will give their option for Permanent Commission before completion of four years of Commissioned Service.
Answer: 5) B
The Ministry of Personnel has notified the appointment of Ajit Kumar Mohanty as Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre for the period of three years. Currently, he is the Director, Physics Group in BARC and Director, Saha Institute Institute of Nuclear Physics.
Answer: 6) A
Indore gets cleanest city Swachh Survekshan awards 2019.Swachh Survekshan Awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs based on the survey which covered all urban local bodies in the country. The Survey was the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Answer: 7) C
World Bank to provide $250 Million dollar for the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) to boost Rural Incomes across 13 States in India.
The Agreement was signed by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India, in New Delhi. The loan will help women in rural households develop viable enterprises for farm and non-farm products. The $250 million loan has a 5-year grace period, and a final maturity of 20 years.
Answer: 8) D
India offers some of the world’s cheapest mobile data packs according to the new research in the UK. Price comparison site Cable.co.uk found that 1 gigabyte (GB) of data cost $0.26 in India, compared to $6.66 in the UK. The global average came in at $8.53 for 1GB in the study, which compared mobile data pricing in 230 countries around the world. Kyrgyzstan ($0.27), Kazakstan ($0.49), Ukraine ($0.51) and Rwanda ($ 0.56) completed the top five countries offering the cheapest data packs. Zimbabwe is the most expensive country in which to buy mobile data – with an average cost of 1GB coming around $75.20.
Answer: 9) C
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the investment sanction for construction of Kiru Hydro Electric(HE) Project (624 MW) by M/s Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited (M/s CVPPPL) in Jammu & Kashmir. The project will be implemented at an estimated cost of Rs.4287.59 crore (at July, 2018 price level) which includes Interest During Construction (IDC)and Foreign Component (FC) of Rs.426.16 crore and infusion of equity of Rs 630.28 crore by NHPC in M/s CVPPPL, for construction of Kiru HE Project (624 MW) including Rs.70 crore for pre-construction activities already approved by the Cabinet, while according the approval for execution of the Pakal Dul HE Project.
Answer: 10) D
ISRO and its French counterpart CNES sealed an agreement to set up a joint maritime surveillance system in the country. The two nations will explore putting up a constellation of low-Earth orbiting satellites that will identify and track the movement of ships globally – and in particular, those moving in the Indian Ocean region where France has its Reunion Islands. The two agencies have put up two climate and ocean weather monitoring satellites Megha-Tropiques (of 2011) and SARAL-AltiKa (2013) that is considered a model.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.