1. Consider the following statements?
1. Manpreet Singh named captain of Indian hockey team for Sultan Azlan Shah Cup.
2. Apart from India and hosts Malaysia, the other participating nations in the tournament are Canada, Korea, South Africa and Japan.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the new series of “visually impaired friendly circulation” coins. Which denomination coin will be of 12-edged polygon shape?
A. 15 rupees
B. 20 rupees
C. 25 rupees
D. 30 rupees
Consider the following statements related to the Ropeway project?
1. UK CM Rawat lays foundation stone for Doon-Mussoorie ropeway project.
2. It will be one of the world’s longest ropeways, and will shorten the one-hour zigzag drive to just 15 minutes from Purkul village the base camp at Dehradun to Mussoorie.
4. In which city will an ornamental park be constructed with an investment of 15000 crores?
5. Consider the following statements?
1. Goa to use ‘micro air abrasion’ technology to clean antiques.
2. Goa is the first state in the country to try the use of this technology for cleaning archaeological antiques.
3. The coastal state has a rich collection of old artefacts and antiques, including from the Portuguese era.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
6. At which place was the ‘Azaadi Ke Diwane’ museum inaugurated?
A. India Gate
B. National Museum
C. Red Fort
D. Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts
7. Consider the following statements related to the ‘E-Dharti’ App?
1. Hardeep S Puri launches ‘e-Dharti’ App.
2. The payment system in Land and Development Office, L&DO has also been completely digitized.
8. In which state did the cabinet approved the investment in the Keiru hydroelectric project?
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Jammu & Kashmir
9. Who has been selected for the pritzker prize for the year 2019?
A. Kevin Andrews
B. V. Ramesh
C. Arata Isozaki
D. John Shore
10. Consider the following statements?
1. Uttrakhand CM appoints Anant Ambani as the member of Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee.
2. Kedarnath Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
3. The temple is Located on the Garhwal Himalayan range near the Mandakini river in the state of Uttarakhand.
Answer: 1) C
Manpreet Singh is named captain of the 18-member Indian hockey team to play in the upcoming 28th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup. The prestigious tournament will be held in Ipoh, Malaysia from the 23rd March. Surender Kumar will be the Vice-Captain of the team. Apart from India and hosts Malaysia, the other participating nations in the tournament are Canada, Korea, South Africa and Japan.
Answer: 2) B
The Finance Ministry announced in a gazette notification to roll out Rs 20 coin for the first time in the country. The new coin will be shaped like a “dodecagon” – a 12-edged polygon. The Rs 20 coin will have some similarities with the Rs 10 coin that is in circulation across the country. The new coin will be two-toned and have a diameter of 27 mm, similar to Rs 10 coin. The outer ring of Rs 20 coin will be 65 percent copper, 15 percent zinc and 20 per nickel, the inner disc will be 75 percent copper, 20 percent zinc and five percent nickel.
Answer: 3) C
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has laid the foundation stone for the Dehradun-Mussoorie ropeway project. The 300-crore rupees ropeway project is expected to be completed in three years. It will be one of the world’s longest ropeways, and will shorten the one-hour zigzag drive to just 15 minutes from Purkul village the base camp at Dehradun to Mussoorie.Poma, a French company which manufactures cable-driven projects, will provide the technical support to the ropeway.
Answer: 4) C
Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu laid the foundation stone of India Jewelery Park in Navi Mumbai. The India Jewelery Park is the first jewelery park of its kind in the country.
Answer: 5) D
Precious archaeological antiques in Goa will now be preserved in a better way with the help of the Italian ‘micro air abrasion’ cleaning technology. The modern technology is already being used worldwide for various conservation purposes.
The micro air abrasion technology, so far being used in the industrial sector for cleaning heavy machines. Goa is the first state in the country to try the use of this technology for cleaning archaeological antiques. The coastal state has a rich collection of old artefacts and antiques, including from the Portuguese era.
Answer: 6) C
Union Minister Mahesh Sharma has inaugurated ‘Azaadi Ke Diwane’ museum, dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle, on the Red Fort premises in New Delhi. Built by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), the museum is the fifth in a series of recently inaugurated ones — the others being the Subhash Chandra Bose and INA museum, the Yaad-e-Jallian museum, the Museum on 1857 (on the country’s first war of Independence) the Drishyakala (a museum on Indian Art) on the sacrifices of India’s freedom fighters.
Answer: 7) C
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri launched e-Dharti app where all the three modules- Conversion, Substitution and Mutation related to properties have been made online. The payment system in Land and Development Office, L&DO has also been completely digitized. The public can now submit their applications online by visiting the L&DO website. Mr Puri also launched e-Dharti GeoPortal, through which the lessee of the property will be able to see the basic details of property along with the map showing its location.
Answer: 8) C
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the investment sanction for construction of Kiru Hydro Electric(HE) Project (624 MW) by M/s Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited (M/s CVPPPL) in Jammu & Kashmir.The project will be implemented at an estimated cost of Rs.4287.59 crore (at July, 2018 price level) which includes Interest During Construction (IDC)and Foreign Component (FC) of Rs.426.16 crore and infusion of equity of Rs 630.28 crore by NHPC in M/s CVPPPL, for construction of Kiru HE Project (624 MW) including Rs.70 crore for pre-construction activities already approved by the Cabinet, while according the approval for execution of the Pakal Dul HE Project.
Answer: 9) C
Japan’s famous architect Arata Isozaki has been announced to be awarded the prestigious ‘Pritzker Architecture Award’ for the year 2019. This is the biggest award given in the field of architecture. It is also called ‘Noble of Architecture’.
Answer: 10) D
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat appointed industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s son Anant as a member of Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee.
It has been noticed that Ambanis visit the holy shrines every time something important comes up in the family. Kedarnath Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is Located on the Garhwal Himalayan range near the Mandakini river in the state of Uttarakhand. Due to extreme weather conditions, the temple is open to the general public only between the months of April and November.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.