1. Consider the following statements?
1. Cabinet approves renewable status for large hydropower projects.
2. Under this policy, power purchasers will have to source a portion of electricity from large hydro projects.
3. It will provide a stable grid considering 160 GW capacity addition by 2022 from infirm sources of power like solar and wind.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. Which state’s governor k. Rajasekharan resigned from his post?
3. Consider the following statements related to the Atal Innovation Mission ?
1. Cabinet approves Continuation of Atal Innovation Mission.
2. The Mission has been set up under NITI Aayog.
3. Its objective is to serve as a platform for the promotion of world-class Innovation Hubs, Grand Challenges, Start-up businesses and other self-employment activities, particularly in technology driven areas.
4. How many lakh rupees have the gratuity tax free of the employees who have not come under the Public Undertakings and Payment of Gratuity Act?
A. 20 lakhs
B. 50 lakhs
C. 80 lakhs
D. 30 lakhs
5. Consider the following statements?
1. Ancient tribal language Gondi to be taught in tribal districts in Madhya Pradesh.
2. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath has decided to include Gondi in the primary education curriculum of the state’s tribal-dominated districts.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
6. In the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) headed by the Prime Minister, how many thermal power plants of 660-660 MW were approved in Chausa of Buxar (Bihar)?
7. Consider the following statements?
1. 118-year-old Kartar Kaur becomes the oldest woman to be operated upon.
2. Kartar Kaur Union is the oldest living person in the world, defeating Japan’s 116-year-old Ken Tanaka.
8. After the Pulwama attack, the US has reduced the visa duration to Pakistani citizen from 5 years to how many months?
A. 12 months
B. 03 months
C. 20 months
D. 15 months
9. Consider the following statements?
1. Ausaf Sayeed appointed new Ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia.
2. Mr Sayeed served as Ambassador to Yemen and Consul General of India in Chicago and Jeddah.
10. According to the Ministry of Defense, how many branches of the Army will be given permanent commission to women officers?
Answer: 1) D
According to the new policy, large hydro projects will also be designated as renewable energy projects. Until now only smaller projects of less than 25 MW in capacity were categorised as renewable energy. With the removal of this distinction, large hydro projects will be included as a separate category under the non-solar renewable purchase obligation policy. Under this policy, power purchasers will have to source a portion of electricity from large hydro projects. The new policy had increased the debt repayment period for hydro projects to 18 years from the current 12 years with the provision to introduce an escalating tariff of 2%.It will provide a stable grid considering 160 GW capacity addition by 2022 from infirm sources of power like solar and wind.
Answer: 2) B
K . Rajasekharan, the Governor of Mizoram, has resigned from his office and the President of India has accepted his resignation. K . Rajasekharan, the former Kerala State BJP president, had been sworn in as Mizoram Governor on May 25, 2018.
Answer: 3) D
The Union Cabinet has approved Continuation of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) till 2019-20.The Mission has been set up under NITI Aayog.AIM including Self-Employment and Talent Utilization (SETU) is Government of India’s endeavour to promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels. Its objective is to serve as a platform for the promotion of world-class Innovation Hubs, Grand Challenges, Start-up businesses and other self-employment activities, particularly in technology driven areas. State of the art Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) are being established in thousands of schools, world-class Atal Incubation Centres (AIC) and Atal Community Innovation Centers (ACIC) are being established for universities and industry. Promotion of product development in areas of national relevance and social importance is being supported through Atal New India Challenges (ANICs).
Answer: 4) A
The labour ministry said that the income tax exemption limit on gratuity has been doubled to Rs 20 lakh from the existing Rs 10 lakh, a move that will benefit employees who are not covered by the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972. “Ministry of Finance has enhanced the income tax exemption for gratuity under Section 10 (10) (iii) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 to Rs 20 lakhs,” a labour ministry statement said.
Answer: 5) C
In Madhya Pradesh, ancient tribal language Gondi will be taught in tribal districts.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath has decided to include Gondi in the primary education curriculum of the state’s tribal-dominated districts.The rapid decline in the number of people who speak that tongue is a matter of concern. Hence, the Chief Minister stressed on the need to save it from becoming a thing of the past.
Answer: 6) D
In the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) headed by the Prime Minister, two thermal power plants of 660-660 MW were approved in Chausa of Buxar (Bihar). As a report, Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited will purchase 85 percent of the electricity generated from these thermal power projects of Rs 10,439.09 crore.
Answer: 7) C
Kartar Kaur Sangha, 118-year-old, has registered her name in the Guinness World Record to become the oldest person to be operated upon. Kaur was admitted to the Satguru Partap Singh Apollo Hospitals in Ludhiana after her blood pressure dropped to 22-24 beats per minute (BPM). To elevate her blood pressure, a temporary pacemaker was positioned by the doctors in her heart. It is pertinent to mention that Kartar Kaur Sangha is also the oldest living person in the world, beating the record of 116-year-old Kane Tanaka from Japan.
Answer: 8) B
The Unites States government has announced that visa duration for Pakistani citizens has been reduced from a period of five years to three months.
Answer: 9) C
Dr Ausaf Sayeed, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Seychelles, has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia.
The Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1989 batch, Sayeed will succeed Ahmad Javed. Javed had been serving as envoy to Saudi Arabia since December 2015.
Mr Sayeed served as Ambassador to Yemen and Consul General of India in Chicago and Jeddah.
Answer: 10) A
Women officers can now get permanent commissions in 10 branches of the Indian Army, the government announced. The Defence Ministry said that it has taken necessary steps to ensure that women, who were earlier inducted for short service commission (SSC), get permanent commission in the armed forces.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.