1. Consider the following statements related to the Wood snake?
1. The species of wood snake has been re-seen in a survey conducted by scientists in the Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary.
2. Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in the Western Ghats in Theni district, Tamil Nadu.
3. The sanctuary is also home to the endangered, arboreal Grizzled giant squirrel.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladeshi PM Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated how many projects in Bangladesh?
3.Consider the following statements?
1. India ranks 11th in gold holding’.
2. The World Gold Council is the market development organisation for the gold industry.
3. It is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
D. All of the above
4. After the Ethiopian air crash, different countries of the world have suspended the flight of which aircraft?
A. Boeing 747 Max-7
B. Boeing 737 Max-8
C. Boing 777 x-7
D. Boeing 787 Dreamliner
5. Consider the following statements related to the Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Report 2019?
1. This 2019 global report provides an overview of the main outcomes and recommendations of the SIGI in relation to women and the family, their physical integrity, access to productive and financial resources and their civic rights.
2. The Index is topped by Switzerland.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
6. ‘Sirsi Supari’ grown in which state has been accorded the Geographical Indication (GI) tag ?
A. Tamil Nadu
7. Consider the following statements?
1. ‘Metro Man’ Sreedharan appointed principal advisor to MRTCs in J&K.
2. Sreedharan is a retired IES (IRSE) officer and is popularly known as the “Metro Man”.
8. Which indigenously developed guided rocket system has been successfully tested by the Indian Defense Research Organization?
9. Consider the following statements?
1. 34th edition of AAHAR – International Food and Hospitality fair-begins in New Delhi.
2. Around 20 countries, including the US, Russia, China, UK, Germany, Italy and Singapore will participate in the five-day fair.
10.From which region has the wood snake been re-discovered after 1878 ?
A. Dibang Valley
C. Rushikulya Ruckdi
D. Rann of Kutch
Answer: 1) D
A species of wood snake that wasn’t seen for 140 years has resurfaced in a survey conducted by scientists in the Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary. The species, endemic to the Meghamalai forests and the Periyar Tiger Reserve landscape. Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in the Western Ghats in Theni district, Tamil Nadu. It can be an excellent buffer to the Periyar Tiger Reserve and Grizzled Squirrel Wildlife Sanctuary. It is the home of rare great Indian hornbills. The sanctuary is also home to the endangered, arboreal Grizzled giant squirrel.
Answer: 2) A
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina Wajed jointly inaugurated four India-funded projects in Bangladesh on Monday afternoon over video conferencing.
Answer: 3) D
India, which is the world’s largest consumer of gold, has the 11th largest gold reserve, with the current holding pegged at 607 tonnes, as per the latest report by the World Gold Council (WGC). The World Gold Council is the market development organisation for the gold industry. It works across all parts of the industry, from gold mining to investment, and their aim is to stimulate and sustain demand for gold. They have also launched various products such as SPDR GLD and gold accumulation plans in India and China. It helps to support its members to mine in a responsible way and developed the Conflict-Free Gold Standard.
It is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
Answer: 4) B
India’s aviation watchdog DGCA has decided to immediately ground the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft, days after an Ethiopian Airline crash killed 157 people, including four Indians. The planes will stay grounded till appropriate modifications and safety measures are undertaken to ensure their safe operations, the Civil Aviation Ministry announced .Many countries, including South Korea, Singapore and China have grounded the jets following the second fatal accident of the aircraft in just five months.
Answer: 5) C
The OECD Development Centre’s Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) is a cross-country measure of discrimination against women in social institutions (formal and informal laws, social norms, and practices) across 180 countries.
The fourth edition (2019) of the SIGI ranks 120 economies included in the classification below. The remaining 60 countries are not ranked due to missing data for one or more indicators. This 2019 global report provides an overview of the main outcomes and recommendations of the SIGI in relation to women and the family, their physical integrity, access to productive and financial resources and their civic rights. The Index is topped by Switzerland.
Answer: 6) D
‘Sirsi Supari’ grown in Uttar Kannada of Karnataka has been accorded the GI tag .The Registrar of Geographical Indications, Government of India has first time accorded the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to a arecanut. The Totagars’ Cooperative Sale Society (TSS) Ltd, a Sirsi-based agri cooperative, is the registered proprietor of the GI ‘Sirsi Supari. It is cultivated in Yellapura, Siddapura and Sirsi taluks. ‘Sirsi Supari’ is medium sized and round in shape. It has a somewhat ash coloured hard seed, Hegde said. The fruit of ‘Sirsi Supari’ turns from yellow to scarlet as it ripens, and consists of a thick fibrous pericarp (husk) that encloses this seed. According to the World Intellectual Property Organisation, GI as a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin.
Answer: 7) C
The Jammu and Kashmir Governor administration has approved the appointment of “Metro Man” E Sreedharan as the principal advisor to two mass rapid transit systems to be built in Jammu and Srinagar. The governor administration has approved setting up of two MRTCs Jammu Mass Rapid Transit Corporation and the Srinagar Mass Rapid Transit Corporation for the two capital cities. Sreedharan is a retired IES (IRSE) officer and is popularly known as the “Metro Man”.
He is known for changing the face of public transport in the country with his leadership of building the Konkan Railway and the Delhi Metro.
Answer: 8) C
Defence Research and Defence Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired the Guided PINAKA from Pokhran ranges. The weapon system is equipped with state-of-the-art guidance kit comprising of an advanced navigation and control system.
The indigenously developed Guided Pinaka by DRDO will significantly boost the capability of the artillery to make precision hits.
Answer: 9) C
The 34th edition of AAHAR – the International Food and Hospitality fair begins at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. Minister for Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the fair. The fair will feature a wide range of food products, machinery, hospitality and Decoration and Confectionery items. Around 20 countries, including the US, Russia, China, UK, Germany, Italy and Singapore will participate in the five-day fair.
Answer: 10) B
A species of wood snake that wasn’t seen for 140 years has resurfaced in a survey conducted by scientists in the Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary. The species, endemic to the Meghamalai forests and the Periyar Tiger Reserve landscape, was recently rediscovered by R. Chaitanya, a herpetologist, and Varad Giri, director, Foundation for Biodiversity Conservation. The local population of wood snakes was last spotted and recorded by British military officer and naturalist Colonel Richard Henry Beddome in 1878, who went on to describe it as a new species, Xylophis indicus.)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.