1. Consider the following statements related to the World Games 2019?
1. Special Olympics World Games 2019 which are being held from March 14 to March 21 in UAE, has made history by welcoming a record-breaking 200 nations ahead of the Games.
2. Of the 200 nations, 195 will compete in the Games and five will observe.
3. It is being held in West Asia for the first time.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. How many nuclear plants the United States of America will establish in India?
3. Indian researchers have discovered the new species of which creature in the southern-western Ghats of Kerala?
4. Consider the following statements?
1. SBI launches doorstep banking service for senior citizens over 70 & differently-abled.
2. Cash pick up and deliver, check pickup, cheque book slip, life certificate and form 15 pickup are some of the services that will be provided.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. Which place of turmeric has got a GI tag in South India?
6. Consider the following statements related to the Naresh Lokesh?
1. WEF recoganise Naresh Lokesh as Young Global Leader for 2019.
2. Naresh Lokesh is the minister of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications in Andhra Pradesh.
7. Whom the Supreme Court appointed as mediator for resolving various disputes related to cricket administration in India?
A. Justice Kurian Joseph
B. S. Narsimha
C. Justice Amitav Kumar
D. Sunil Gavaskar
8. Consider the following statements?
1. Indo-Oman joint military exercise commence.
2. The exercise is scheduled to end on March 25 at Jabel Al Akhdar mountains.
9. What was the theme of World Consumer Rights Day 2019?
A. Trusted Smart Products
B. Digital Product and More Awareness
C. Consumers are always right
D. Sustainable products for sustainable development
10. Consider the following statements related to the World Sleep Day?
1. World Sleep Day, observed on 15 March, is intended to highlight the importance of sleep.
2. It is required our bodies and brains to fresh themselves.
Answer: 1) D
Special Olympics World Games 2019 which are being held from March 14 to March 21 in UAE, has made history by welcoming a record-breaking 200 nations ahead of the Games. Of the 200 nations, 195 will compete in the Games and five will observe. It is a multi-sport event for athletes with intellectual disabilities in the tradition of the Special Olympics movement. It is being held in West Asia for the first time. 7,500 athletes will take part in 24 Olympic-style sports over seven days. Saudi Arabia will send female athletes for the first time, with 14 women participating.
Answer: 2) B
The 9th round of the India-US Strategic Security Dialogue was held in Washington DC. Both sides reaffirmed to deny Weapons of Mass Destruction to non-state actors and work towards setting up US nuclear plant in India agreement.The two sides committed to strengthen bilateral security and civil nuclear cooperation, including the establishment of 6 U.S. nuclear reactors in India.
Answer: 3) C
Delhi University researchers have discovered a new species of narrow-mouthed frogs in a roadside puddle in Kerala. Sonali Garg, a PHD student, and her research supervisor Professor SD Biju have named the new genus Mysticellus – derived from the Latin word meaning mysterious and diminutive.
Answer: 4) C
State Bank of India (SBI) has launched doorstep banking service for senior citizens over 70 years of age and differently-abled customers. Eligible customers can avail this service at a nominal fee of 100 rupees per transaction for financial transactions and 60rupees for non-financial transactions. According to a statement, doorstep banking services are available to KYC account holders, with a valid mobile number registered with the bank and residing within 5 kilometres radius from their home branch. Cash pick up and deliver, check pickup, chequebook slip, life certificate and form 15 pickup are some of the services that will be provided.
Answer: 5) A
Erode Turmeric has finally received GI tag from the Geographical Indication Registry after a long and cumbersome process which lasted for about 8 years. Erode is the city in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Answer: 6) C
Andhra Pradesh IT minister Naresh Lokes has been recognised as the Young Global Leader, according to the World Economic Forum (WEF).The list has 127 of the world’s most promising social activists, business leaders, public servants, artists and technologists under the age of 40. The individuals are expected to take part in the five year-programme that will help them to identify new ways to learn new ideas. Lokesh is the minister of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications in Andhra Pradesh.
Answer: 7) B
The Supreme Court Thursday appointed senior advocate P S Narasimha, who is assisting the apex court as an amicus curiae in the BCCI matter, as mediator for resolving various disputes related to cricket administration in the country. A bench of Justices S A Bobde and A M Spare was informed by Narasimha that former apex court judge Justice (retd) D K Jain has assumed charge as the ombudsman of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Answer: 8) C
A joint military exercise between India and Royal Army of Oman commenced at Jabel regiment headquarters, Nizwa, Oman.Exercise Al Nagah 2019 will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect for each other’s military as also facilitate in tackling the worldwide phenomenon of terrorism. A 60-member strong Indian Army contingent, based in northern command headquarters at Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir, is taking part in the military exercise ‘Al-Nagah III. The exercise is scheduled to end on March 25 at Jabel Al Akhdar mountains.
Answer: 9) A
World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated every year on 15 March as part of an initiative by Consumer International, a membership organisation for consumer groups around the world.
Theme: Trusted Smart Products
The day is celebrated every year, to celebrate consumer rights and build a world where everyone has access to safe and sustainable products and services. World Consumer Rights Day was inspired by President John F Kennedy, who was the first leader in the world to address the issue of consumer rights in a special message sent to the US Congress on 15 March 1962.
Answer: 10) C
World Sleep Day, observed on 15 March, is intended to highlight the importance of sleep.
Slogan: ‘Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging’
It is a call to action on crucial elements related to sleep, which include medication for sleep, education to increase awareness and social aspects. The day aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. It is required our bodies and brains to fresh themselves.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.