1. On which date was the World Consumer Rights Day 2019 celebrated ?
A. March 12
B. March 13
C. March 14
D. March 15
2. Who has bagged the first prize of DD Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19?
A. Swati Shingade
B. Abhilasha Shinde
C. Meena Narayan
D. Surabhi Vashishth
3. Consider the following statements ?
1. Hyderabad named country’s best city for 5th year.
2. Vienna, Austria’s capital, tops the global ranking for the 10th year running, followed by Zurich in Switzerland.
3. Chennai has been ranked the safest Indian city, 105th in the world.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
4. In which country did a terrorist attack 49 mosques by attacking two mosques?
B. New zealand
5. The West Nile Virus was recently in news due to its outbreak in which state of India?
A. Tamil Nadu
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. India gets the 1st shipment from Afghanistan via Chabahar under TIR.
2. The TIR system, which India reportedly became part of in June 2017.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
7. Consider the following statements related to the Absentee ballot?
1. This refers to a vote cast by someone who is unable to go to the polling station to help increase voter turnout.
2. In India, a postal ballot is available to only some citizens.
3. The Representation of the People Act, 1950 allows heads of states and those serving in the armed forces to vote through postal means.
8. The Supreme Court has set aside life ban imposed on which cricketer?
A. S Sreesanth
B. Hearty Pandya
C. Hanuma Vihari
D. Parthiv patel
9. The Reserve Bank of India categorised which bank as a Private Sector Bank for regulatory purposes?
A. Punjab National Bank
B. IDBI Bank
C. HDFC Bank
D. ICICI Bank
10. Consider the following statements related to the Pink bollworm?
1. It is an insect known for being a pest in cotton farming.
2. The female moth lays eggs in a cotton boll, and when the larvae emerge from the eggs, they inflict damage through feeding.
3. Pink bollworm is destroying the fiber crop across India, particularly in the West, Central and Southern parts.
Answer: 1) D
March 15 every year is celebrated as World Consumer Rights Day. The theme of the World Consumer Rights Day 2019 is “Trusted Smart Products”. The theme aims to highlight what consumers want and need from a connected world and how important it is to put them at the heart of the development of these digital products and services.
Answer: 2) A
Swati Shingade of Pune, Maharashtra has bagged the first prize of DD Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19. Prasar Bharati Chairman A Surya Prakash gave away the award to Ms Shingade at a grand finale event organised by DD Kisan Channel in New Delhi. As many as 110 women farmers participated in the award competition, out which five were selected for the grand finale.
Answer: 3) D
Global consulting firm Mercer’s Quality of Living Ranking 2019 has named Hyderabad the most liveable city in India for the fifth consecutive year. Chennai has been ranked the safest Indian city, 105th in the world. Vienna, Austria’s capital, tops the global ranking for the 10th year running, followed by Zurich in Switzerland. The ranking influences cities’ abilities to attract business. The 21st edition of the annual survey evaluated 231 cities across the globe based on 39 factors including political stability, healthcare, education, crime, recreation and transport.
Answer: 4) B
At least 49 people have been killed and more than 40 others wounded in shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, after a gunman opened indiscriminate fire at Muslim worshippers. The mosques targeted in Friday’s attack, the worst mass shooting in the country’s history, were the Masjid Al Noor in central Christchurch and another place of worship in the suburb of Linwood. Women and children were among those killed.
Answer: 5) B
As per the media reports, a seven year old boy from Malappuram District of Kerala is suffering from a West Nile Virus (WNV), a mosquito-borne disease, mostly reported in the continental United States. The West Nile Virus is mainly transmitted to human beings by the bite of an infected mosquito.
Answer: 6) C
India received the first shipment of cargo from Afghanistan under the United Nations ‘Transports Internationaux Routiers’ (TIR) convention, arriving via the strategic Chabahar port in Iran. The consignments were received at Nhava Sheva port in Navi Mumbai and the Mundra port in Gujarat.The TIR system, which India reportedly became part of in June 2017.TIR allows easier movement of goods across countries with the usage of TIR there is no requirement for physical checking of the contents.
Answer: 7) D
This refers to a vote cast by someone who is unable to go to the polling station to help increase voter turnout. In some countries, the voter is required to give a reason for not going to the polling station, before participating in an absentee ballot.
In India, a postal ballot is available to only some citizens. The Representation of the People Act, 1950 allows heads of states and those serving in the armed forces to vote through postal means. The Lok Sabha recently passed a Bill to allow proxy voting for NRIs. However, domestic migrants and absentee voters in India cannot cast postal votes.
Answer: 8) A
The Supreme Court of India on March 15, 2019 set aside the life ban imposed by the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) on cricketer S Sreesanth for indulging in spot-fixing during 2013 Indian Premier League.The judgment was delivered by a two-judge bench, comprising Justices Ashok Bhushan and KM Joseph.
Answer: 9) B
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on March 14, 2019 categorised the IDBI Bank Limited as a ‘Private Sector Bank’ for regulatory purposes with effect from January 21, 2019. The Reserve Bank of India also named the State Bank of India (SBI), the ICICI Bank and the HDFC Bank as Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs).
Answer: 10) D
It is an insect known for being a pest in cotton farming. The pink bollworm is native to Asia but has become an invasive species in most of the world’s cotton-growing regions. The female moth lays eggs in a cotton boll, and when the larvae emerge from the eggs, they inflict damage through feeding. Pink bollworm is destroying the fiber crop across India, particularly in the West, Central and Southern parts. Pink bollworm has developed resistance to Cry1Ac and Cry2Ab, the two biotech solutions currently available in India to tackle pink bollworm
Researchers have suggested ways to deal with Pink Bollworm like shortening cotton season, destroying crop residues, deep summer ploughing, crop rotation, mating disruption, insecticides.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.