1. Which author has won the Windham-Campbell prize under non-fiction category for his work ‘Farthest Field: An Indian Story of the Second World War’?
A. Jhumpa Lahiri
B. Kiran Desai
C. Anita Desai
D. Raghu Karnad
2. Consider the following statements related to the Dipa Karmakar?
1. Dipa Karmakar qualifies for vault finals in Artistic Gymnastics World Cup.
2. The, who had finished fourth in the event at the 2016 Rio Olympics, performed a higher difficulty Hand front 540 vault for the first time in the competition.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. At which place has the President Ramnath Kovind inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) ?
A. Gandhi nagar, Gujarat
B. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
C. Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
D. Haridwar, Uttarakhand
4. Which of the following countries hit by a vicious cyclone Idai that killed nearly 100 people, left hundreds more missing and stranded tens of thousands in March 2019?
A. Brazil and Malawi and Argentina
B. Zimbabwe and Mozambique and Malawi
C. Malawi and Fiji and Papua New Guinea
D. Taiwan and Vietnam and Malawi
5. Consider the following statements related to the influenza strategy?
1. WHO launches new global influenza strategy.
2. The objective of the strategy is to prevent seasonal influenza, control the spread of influenza from animals to humans, and prepare for the next influenza pandemic.
3. Influenza is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
6. Which bank has initiated the facility of ATM cash withdrawal without ‘Yono Cash’ card?
A. ICICI Bank
B. Bank of Baroda
C. Yes Bank
D. State Bank of India
7. Consider the following statements?
1. India to host U-17 Women’s Football World Cup in 2020.
2. The tournament in India will be the seventh edition and the second to be held in Asia after Jordan in 2016.
3. The 2018 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup was held in Uruguay from 13 November to 1 December 2018.Spain won their first title, beating Mexico 2–1 in the Final.
8. While discussing the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor, India has demanded to allow Visa-Free access to the number of Indian and Indian origin daily to go to the historic Kartarpur gurudwara.
A. 2,000 Indians
B. 1,000 Indians
C. 5,000 Indians
D. 8,000 Indians
9.Consider the following statements related to the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy?
1. Karnataka lifts maiden Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
2.With the win, Karnataka set a record of most number of wins in a row by an Indian domestic team as they won 14 T20 matches to lift the coveted T20 trophy.
10. What is the name of the Chief Minister of Goa who has recently died on the post?
A. Digambar Kamat
B. Manohar Parrikar
C. Pratapsingh Rane
D. Ravi nayak
Answer: 1) D
Journalist and author Raghu Karnad has been conferred the prestigious Windham-Campbell Prize. He is one of eight recipients of the award handed out by Yale University to English language writers from around the world. Each winner receives $165,000 to support their writing.
Answer: 2) C
India’s Dipa Karmakar (25-year) has made it to the Vault Finals after finishing third in the qualifying round of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup at Baku in Azerbaijan. The, who had finished fourth in the event at the 2016 Rio Olympics, performed a higher difficulty Hand front 540 vault for the first time in the competition. Dipa had claimed a bronze at the vault event of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in Cottbus, Germany in November 2018.
Answer: 3) A
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) in Gandhi nagar. The aim of this festival of innovation and entrepreneurship is to provide a platform for new innovators for building linkages with potential stakeholders. FINE is an initiative to recognise, respect, showcase, reward innovations and foster supportive ecosystem for innovators. Mr Kovind presented the 10th Biennial National Grassroots Innovation Awards on the occasion. Prakash Singh Raghuvanshi (Uttar Pradesh) has been awarded lifetime achievement award for his innovations in new varieties of agriculture crops. The first prize in Veterinary, Herbal medication for coccidiosis was presented to Periyasami Ramasami of Salem, Tamil Nadu.
Answer: 4) B
Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi have been hit by a vicious cyclone that has killed nearly 150 people, left hundreds more missing and stranded tens of thousands who are cut off from roads and telephones in mainly poor, rural areas.
Cyclone Idai has affected more than 1.5 million people in the three southern African countries, according to the U.N. and government officials.
Answer: 5) D
The World Health Organization (WHO) has released a Global Influenza Strategy for 2019-2030 to protect all people from the threat of influenza. The objective of the strategy is to prevent seasonal influenza, control the spread of influenza from animals to humans, and prepare for the next influenza pandemic.’ Vaccination is especially important for people at higher risk of serious influenza complications and for health care workers. WHO recommends annual influenza vaccination as the most effective way to prevent ‘influenza’. Influenza is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus.
Answer: 6) D
The State Bank of India has launched the YONO Cash service for its customers which will allow them to withdraw cash from ATMs without their debit cards. A part of SBI’s digital banking platform, You Only Need One (YONO), the cardless cash withdrawal service will be available across 16,500 ATMs of the bank in the country. Such SBI ATMs will be called YONO Cash Point.
Step 1: After opening the app on mobile, you have to select ‘Yono Cash’. After that enter the amount of withdrawals. After pressing Next button you have to choose the 6 digit pin. Remember this PIN as it will require you to enter from the ATM during withdrawal. Now you will receive a SMS on mobile, which will have a transaction number.
Step 2: Now you have to go to State Bank ATM and choose ‘ Yono Cash’ option. Then enter the transaction number received through MMS. After typing the withdrawal amount, then select ‘Yes’ Now you have to enter the 6 digit PIN that you selected in the ‘Yono app’. After entering the PIN you will get the cache.
Answer: 7) D
India will host the Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup in 2020.This was announced by the President of International Football Federation (FIFA) Gianni Infantino after the council meeting in Miami, USA on 15th March 2019.The tournament in India will be the seventh edition and the second to be held in Asia after Jordan in 2016.This will be the second FIFA tournament India will be hosting, after the U-17 Men’s World Cup in 2017.The 2018 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup was held in Uruguay from 13 November to 1 December 2018.Spain won their first title, beating Mexico 2–1 in the Final.
Answer: 8) C
During the discussion over the Kartarpur Sikh corridor, India on Thursday asked Pakistan to give visa-free access to at least 5000 pilgrims per day. A joint statement issued after the talks said both sides held detailed and constructive discussions on various aspects and provisions of the project and agreed to work towards expeditiously operationalising the Kartapur Sahib Corridor (KSC).
Answer: 9) C
Karnataka defeated Maharashtra to win their maiden Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore. With the win, Karnataka set a record of most number of wins in a row by an Indian domestic team as they won 14 T20 matches to lift the coveted T20 trophy. Karnataka also equalled Indian Premier League outfit Kolkata Knight Riders’ record of 14 consecutive wins. Brief scores: Maharashtra 155/4 (Naushad Shaikh 69 not out, Rahul Tripathi 30, Abhimanyu Mithun 2/24) lost to Karnataka 159/2 (Mayank Agarwal 85 not out, Rohan Kadam 60).
Answer: 10) B
Goa Chief Minister and former Union Defence Minister, Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar passed away on March 17, 2019 after battling with pancreatic cancer. He was 63.he was awarded the Distinguished Alumnus Award by IIT Bombay, following which he announced the cyberage scheme in the state to provide free computers to higher secondary school students.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.