1. Consider the following statements related to the Delimitation?
1. According to Article 82 of the Constitution, Parliament by law enacts a Delimitation Act after every census.
2. The present delimitation of constituencies has been done on the basis of 2001 census figures and has been in use since the 2009 parliamentary elections.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
2. What is the name of the private sector alliance for disaster resilient communities set up by India ?
B. India Resilient
3. Consider the following statements?
1. Solar Tsunami Would Trigger The Sun’s Sunspot Cycle.
2. Solar tsunamis were discovered in 1997 by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory.
3. Sun has a toroidal magnetic field, from which sunspots get generated.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
4. Which bank has approved the bank to hold only 9.9% of the private sector bond bank?
A. Dena Bank
B. Punjab National Bank
C. HDFC bank
D. None of these
5. Consider the following statements?
1. Kazakhstan to rename country’s capital Astana as Nursultan.
2. Astana replaced Kazakhstan’s largest city Almaty as the capital in 1997.
6. President of Ramnath Kovind, who won the Jammu and Kashmir Irfan Ramzan Sheikh from which award?
A. Shaurya chakra
B. Param Vir Chakra
C. Kirti chakra
D. Ashok Chakra
7. Consider the following statements related to the Global Happiness Index ?
1. Finland tops Global Happiness Index for the second straight year.
2. The report was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations on March 20 which was declared as World Happiness Day by the UN General Assembly in 2012.
8. In what name is the number of people killed in the cyclone in Zimbabwe?
9. Consider the following statements?
1. SBI inks pact with Bank of China.
2. Bank of China (BoC) is the third-largest bank in the world by capital size.
10. United Nations Unit What is the title of the World Water Development Report released by UNESCO about the state of water in the world?
A. Water for Everyone
B. Leaving No One Behind
C. Quest for Thirst
D. All are equally judged
Answer: 1) C
Delimitation is commonly used in the context of drawing boundaries for Assembly and Lok Sabha constituencies based on the recent census. According to Article 82 of the Constitution, Parliament by law enacts a Delimitation Act after every census. The Commission demarcates the boundaries of parliamentary constituencies as per the provisions of the Act. The present delimitation of constituencies has been done on the basis of 2001 census figures and has been in use since the 2009 parliamentary elections. According to a 2002 Constitutional Amendment, there will be no further delimitation of constituencies till the first census after 2026.The current allocation of seats in the Lok Sabha to the States is frozen on the basis of the 1971 census.
Answer: 2) A
India has set up private sector alliance for disaster resilient communities, known as ARISE, an initiative supported by the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).This will bring Indian corporates to work in tandem with the government to take action before a disaster strikes and build back better after a calamity. Already 140 companies worldwide are members of ARISE.
Answer: 3) D
solar physicists suggests that a “solar tsunami” is at work that triggers the new sunspot cycle after the old one ends. It is believed that the “solar dynamo” a naturally occurring generator which produces electric and magnetic fields in the sun is linked to the production of sunspots. Solar tsunamis were discovered in 1997 by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory. Solar tsunamis pose no direct threat to Earth, but they are important to study to diagnose conditions on the Sun. Sun has a toroidal magnetic field, from which sunspots get generated. Holding these fields in their place requires extra mass (plasma mass) from higher latitudes for storing a big mass of plasma a magnetic dam is formed. At the end of a solar cycle, this magnetic dam can break, releasing huge amounts of plasma cascading like a tsunami towards the poles. These tsunami waves travel at high speeds of about 1,000 km per hour carrying excess plasma to the mid-latitudes. There they give rise to magnetic flux eruptions and these are seen as the bright patches that signal the start of the next cycle of sunspots.
Answer: 4) C
RBI has approved HDFC to hold only 9.9% of the private sector bonding bank. HDFC had sought approval to hold 14.96% stake in Bond Bank. Significantly, the bond of HDFC’s Home Finance is merged with the bank.
Answer: 5) C
Kazakhstan’s parliament voted to rename the country’s capital Astana as Nursultan. It will be renamed in honour of longtime ruler Nursultan Nazarbayev a day after he resigned as president. Kazakhstan’s new interim president Kassym-Jomart Tokayev proposed renaming the capital. Astana replaced Kazakhstan’s largest city Almaty as the capital in 1997.
Answer: 6) A
President Ram Nath Kovind awarded Shaurya Chakra to Irfan Ramzan Sheikh, a young Kashmiri who took on three armed terrorists to fend off an attack on his family. Sheikh was a 14-year-old boy when he fought terrorists and forced them to flee when they attacked his residence in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir two years ago.
Answer: 7) C
Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world for the second year.
Indian figures at 140th place, seven spots down from last year, on this year’s UN World Happiness Report. The report was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations on March 20 which was declared as World Happiness Day by the UN General Assembly in 2012.The report ranks countries on six key variables that support well-being: income, freedom, trust, healthy life expectancy, social support and generosity.
Answer: 8) C
Intense Tropical Cyclone Idai is the strongest tropical cyclone to strike Mozambique since Jokwe in 2008.Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi have been hit by cyclone Idai. According to the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR), Mozambique is the third most at-risk country in Africa when it comes to extreme weather.
Answer: 9) C
The country’s largest lender SBI has signed a pact with the Bank of China to boost business opportunities. Bank of China (BoC) is the third-largest bank in the world by capital size. Through this pact, both SBI and BoC will gain direct access to their respective markets of operation. Both banks’ clients will be able to use the vast combined network to expand their businesses abroad.SBI said it has a branch in Shanghai and BOC is opening its branch in Mumbai.
Answer: 10) B
The World Water Development Report was released by the UN Unit UNESCO. This report says that approximately 2.1 billion people in the world are forced to drink unhygienic water.
The title of the report released by UNESCO – Leaving No One Behind
According to this report released by UNESCO, 4.3 billion people worldwide have no clean water facility. According to the report, access to safe, cheap and reliable drinking water and sanitation services are the basic rights of all.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.