1. Consider the following statements related to the Ice Stupa?
1. The Indian Department of Post has released a ‘special stamp cover on Ice Stupa’.
2. Ice Stupa is the stream water vertically in the form of huge ice towers or cones of 30 to 50 m height that look very similar to the local sacred mud structures called Stupa or Chorten.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
2. In the 34th meeting of the GST Council, how many percent GST has been approved for affordable houses?
A. 1. 75 percent
B. 1. 5 percent
C. 3. 5 percent
D. 1 % percent
3. Consider the following statements?
1. Evidence of water found on asteroid Bennu.
2. Bennu has a more rugged surface than expected.
3. Few of the particles ejected out of Bennu orbited it as satellites before returning to the asteroid’s surface.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
4. Captain Mohan Narayan Rao Samant, who was the veteran commander of the Indian submarine, died during the 1971 war of which?
A. Bangladesh war
B. Russia war
C. Japan War
D. China war
5. Consider the following statements related to the SpiceJet?
1. SpiceJet becomes first Indian low-cost airline to join IATA.
2. The IATA membership is significant on account of SpiceJet’s plans for rapidly expanding its international footprint.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct
6. Chief Banker Nirav Modi has been arrested in Britain for the $ 2 billion loan fraud case of which bank?
A. State Bank of India
B. Punjab National Bank
C. Dena Bank
D. Bank of Baroda
7. Consider the following statements?
1. FIFA bans former Ecuador football chief for life.
2. FIFA’s ethics judges banned Chiriboga from all football-related activities for life and fined him 1 million Swiss francs ($1 million, 887,000 euros).
3. Chiriboga led Ecuador’s football federation for 18 years before his arrest.
8. How many places have India dropped below the 7th position in the list of prosperous countries last year?
9. Consider the following statements?
1. Tokyo 2020 Olympics torch unveiled.
2. The top part of the torch is shaped in the traditional emblem of the sakura, or cherry blossom.
10. Where was the Special Olympics World Games 2019 held, in which India won 368 medals?
A. Abu Dhabi
B. Rio de Janeira
Answer: 1) C
The Indian Department of Post has released a ‘special stamp cover on Ice Stupa’.
The special stamps aim to create awareness about depleting glaciers and affect the ecology around the Himalayas. The idea of the Ice Stupa project was conceptualised by HIAL founder Sonam Wangchuk to reduce problems of Ladakhi farmers in spring. Ice Stupa is the stream water vertically in the form of huge ice towers or cones of 30 to 50 m height that look very similar to the local sacred mud structures called Stupa or Chorten. These ice mountains can be built right next to the village itself where the water is needed. It will help to maintain the water level.
Water is made to fall from that height in cold Ladakhi winter nights when it is -30 to -50°C outside (with wind chill factor).The water would freeze by the time it reaches the ground and slowly form a huge cone or Ice Stupa roughly 30 to 50m high.
Answer: 2) D
In its 34th meeting scheduled on Tuesday, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council will discuss and finalise the rules, under which the new rate structure on under-construction houses will be implemented.
The new rate of 5% (1% for affordable housing) will apply to those residential properties whose construction is going on even after 31st March 2019 or any new projects launched after 1st April 2019. Here, the benefit of ITC on procurements will not be available to the builders.
Answer: 3) D
Scientists have discovered evidence of abundant water-bearing minerals on the surface of the near-Earth asteroid Bennu. Using early spectral data from NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft orbiting the asteroid, the team identified infrared properties similar to those in a type of meteorite called carbonaceous chondrites.
Bennu has a more rugged surface than expected. This posed a challenge for the mission team and forced it to alter its flight and sample collection plans. Few of the particles ejected out of Bennu orbited it as satellites before returning to the asteroid’s surface.
Answer: 4) A
Indian Navy has said that Capt Mohan Narayan Rao, who was the veteran commander of the Indian submarine during the 1971 Bangladesh war, died at the age of 89 due to a heart attack.
Answer: 5) C
SpiceJet has joined global airlines’ grouping International Air Transport Association (IATA) as a member, becoming the first Indian low-cost carrier to get the membership. The IATA represents more than 290 airlines, including Air India, Jet Airways and Vistara. The IATA membership is significant on account of SpiceJet’s plans for rapidly expanding its international footprint. SpiceJet is the first Indian low-cost carrier to be an IATA member and fifth member of IATA in India.
Answer: 6) B
The Westminister Court has denied the bail plea filed by Nirav Modi. The prime accused in the PNB banking fraud case was produced before the court after he was arrested by Scotland Yard. A London court has granted him custody till March 29.
Answer: 7) D
FIFA slapped a lifetime ban on the disgraced former head of Ecuador’s football federation, Luis Chiriboga, after finding him guilty of taking bribes. Chiriboga was one of the executives arrested in 2015 amid a massive US-led crackdown on corruption in world football.FIFA’s ethics judges banned Chiriboga from all football-related activities for life and fined him 1 million Swiss francs ($1 million, 887,000 euros). Chiriboga led Ecuador’s football federation for 18 years before his arrest.
Answer: 8) A
According to the United Nations (UN) ‘World Happiness Report 2019’, India has slipped 7 places from last year to 140th place in the list of prosperous countries.
Answer: 9) C
Organisers of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled a cherry-blossom shaped torch for the Games. The top part of the torch is shaped in the traditional emblem of the sakura, or cherry blossom. The shiny rose-gold torch, which is 71 centimetres long and weighs 1.2 kilograms, uses aluminium construction waste from temporary housing built for victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Fukushima was chosen as the starting point for the Olympic torch relay. Japan has dubbed the 2020 Games the “Reconstruction Olympics” and wants to showcase recovery in regions devastated by the disaster.
Answer: 10) A
India won 368 medals (85 gold, 154 Silver, and 129 Bronze) at the Special Olympics World Summer Games, held at Abu Dhabi, UAE. The tournament which started on March 14 ended on March 21.In the 2015 Special Olympics that took place in the US, India managed to grab 173 medals. The next Special Olympic Games are set to take place in Sweden in 2021.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.