1. Consider the following statements related to Coral bleaching?
1. Bleaching hits the world’s southernmost coral reef.
2. A coral reef is an underwater ecosystem characterized by reef-building corals.
3. The Coral bleaching occurs when coral polyps expel algae that live in their tissues.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. Who has won the prestigious John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award?
A. Vikram Patel
B. Devi Shetty
C. Naresh Trehan
D. Deepak Chopra
3. Consider the following statements related to Ways and Means Advances?
1. It is a temporary loan facility provided by RBI to meet temporary mismatches in the receipts and payments of the central and state government.
2. It was introduced on April 1, 1997.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
4. Which country has conferred the prestigious Zayed Medal on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the highest decoration awarded to kings, presidents and heads of states?
A. Saudi Arabia
5. Consider the following statements related to NuGen Mobility Summit 2019?
1. ICAT is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019, at Manesar.
2. ICAT Manesar is a division of NATRIP Implementation Society (NATIS) under the Department of Heavy Industries, Government of India.
3. It provides services for testing, validation, design and homologation of all categories of vehicles.
6. Which country has handed over Nisar Ahmed, the conspirator of the attack on the CRPF camp to India?
A. Sri Lanka
7. Consider the following statements?
1. Paytm Money receives Sebi approval to start stock broking services.
2. Paytm Money has also received membership of NSE and BSE.
8. Who has declared the best police station of Delhi in the year 2018?
A. Kashmere Gate police station
B. Lakshminagar police station
C. Hazrat Nizamuddin police station
D. Chandni Chowk Police Station
9. Consider the following statements related to National Maritime Day?
1. 5 April marks the National Maritime Day of India.
2. On this day in 1919, navigation history was created when SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd. journeyed to the United Kingdom.
10. Reliance Jio has acquired a CheatingBoat company for Rs 230 crore?
C. TIC Toc
Answer: 1) D
Australian Scientist found that the world’s southernmost coral reef has been hit by bleaching during summer. A coral reef is an underwater ecosystem characterized by reef-building corals. Reefs are formed of colonies of coral polyps held together by calcium carbonate. Most coral reefs are built from stony corals, whose polyps cluster in groups.
Answer: 2) A
The Gairdner Foundation announced the 2019 Canada Gairdner Award laureates, recognising Goa and Boston-based Vikram Patel. He has been awarded for his research career raising the global profile of mental health problems. Each year seven Canada Gairdner Awards are presented to honour the world’s most significant biomedical and global health researchers. Laureates receive a $100,000 cash honorarium and will be formally presented with their awards on October 24, 2019, at the annual Canada Gairdner Awards Gala in Toronto.
Answer: 3) C
RBI, in consultation with the GOI, has decided that the limits for Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the first half of the financial year 2019-20.It is a temporary loan facility provided by RBI to meet temporary mismatches in the receipts and payments of the central and state government. It was introduced on April 1, 1997.This facility can be availed by the government if it needs immediate cash from the RBI. The Ways and Means Advances is to be vacated after 90 days. The limit for WMA are mutually decided by the RBI and the Government of India
Answer: 4) B
United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been conferred with the prestigious Zayed medal by President of the UAE Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. PM Modi has been awarded in recognition of efforts in giving “a big boost” to bilateral relations between both the countries. The statement issued by the UAE states that PM Modi has provided “exceptional leadership” in forging a new “strategic” relationship between the two nations. It lauds Modi’s foreign policy and the way New Delhi reached out to the Islamic world.
Answer: 5) D
ICAT is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019, at Manesar. The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future. ICAT Manesar is a division of NATRIP Implementation Society (NATIS) under the Department of Heavy Industries, Government of India. It provides services for testing, validation, design and homologation of all categories of vehicles. It has a mission to assist the automotive industry in adopting cutting edge technologies in vehicle evaluation and component development to ensure reliability, durability and compliance to the current and future regulations in new generation mobility solutions.
Answer: 6) C
India has secured the deportation of Nisar Ahmed Tantray, a Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist and main conspirator behind the December 2017 attack on a CRPF camp at Lethpora in Jammu & Kashmir, from the UAE.
Answer: 7) C
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has given approval to Paytm Money to start offering broking services. it had applied for the licence in October last year. Paytm Money has also received membership of NSE and BSE. To handle the broking operations, Paytm Money is looking to set up a team to deal with settlements, trade, risks, treasury and other functions of a broking house. The broking services will allow investors to trade in the cash segment, derivatives, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), among other listed entities.
Answer: 8) A
New DelhiThe Kashmere Gate police station has been declared the best police station of Delhi and was awarded the certificate of excellence by the union home ministry in the annual ranking of police stations for 2018.Delhi Police chief Amulya Patnaik presented the certificate of excellence to the Kashmere Gate police station. Patnaik also congratulated the north district police team for achieving the milestone.
Answer: 9) C
5 April marks the National Maritime Day of India. On this day in 1919, navigation history was created when SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd. journeyed to the United Kingdom. It was a crucial step for Indian shipping history when sea routes were controlled by the British.
Answer: 10) B
Reliance Industries Ltd announced that its subsidiary Reliance Jio has acquired Mumbai-based Haptik for about Rs 700 crore. Haptik is one of the world’s largest conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) platforms. Reliance will hold about 87 per cent of the business, with the rest being held by Haptic’s founders and employees via stock options. With this acquisition, Jio, with its widespread reach, will be in a formidable position to challenge Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.