1. Sydney Brenner, one of the giants of 20th Century science, died on April 5, 2019. In which field he won Nobel Prize in 2002?
2. Consider the following statements?
1. Phayeng Village of Manipur becomes Indias first carbon-positive settlement.
2. A village is given the carbon-positive tag if it sequesters more carbon than it emits, slowing the accumulation of greenhouse gases and mitigating the effects of climate change.
3. Phayeng is a scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community in Imphal West district.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. When the World Health Day is observed every year?
A. 6 April
B. 7 April
C. 8 April
D. 9 April
4. Consider the following statements?
1. ITBP organises first National Sky Running Championship.
2. This is the first time such championship was organised at a high altitude of up to 4000 metres.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. According to which report, India and China have collectively accounted for more than 50% of global five million deaths due to air pollution?
A. Air Pollution and World-2019
B. State of Global Air-2019
C. Statistics of Air-2018-19
D. Human life and air pollution-2019
6. Consider the following statements?
1. UAE announces long-term visas for best 100 Arab start-ups.
2. The 100 Arab start-ups were selected at the World Economic Forum on the Middle East and North Africa, held in Jordan between 6-7th April.
3. The initiative aims to further integrate the Arab world’s most promising start-up entrepreneurs into a national and regional dialogue on pressing challenges.
7. Which social media platform launched the “Why am I seeing this post” feature?
8. Which country has won the ICC Test Championship mace for the third consecutive year?
C. South Africa
D. New Zealand
9. Consider the following statements related to Neelakurinji?
1. Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes kunthianus) is a shrub that is found in the shola forests of the Western Ghats in South India.
2. The flowers of Neelakurinji are purple-blue in colour and blooms once in 12 years.
3. It is because of these flowers, Nilgiri hills in the southern tip of Western Ghats are called the Blue Mountains.
10. which state’s tribal women took part in a show to set a Guinness world record for the largest traditional Konyak dance?
Answer: 1) D
Sydney Brenner, the Nobel laureate whose studies on the roundworm Caenorhabditis elegans led to seminal discoveries in genetics and developmental biology, died today in Singapore. He was 92 years old. His early research on C. elegans and studies in the years that followed led to winning the Nobel Prize in Physiology( Medicine) or Medicine in 2002.
Answer: 2) D
Phayeng Village of Manipur has been tagged as India’s first carbon-positive settlement.A village is given the carbon-positive tag if it sequesters more carbon than it emits, slowing the accumulation of greenhouse gases and mitigating the effects of climate change. Phayeng is a scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community in Imphal West district. As part of the carbon-positive village project, Phayeng will receive a grant of Rs10 crore in phases to facilitate afforestation in the catchment of river Maklang that flows along the village.
Answer: 3) B
The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO).This day dedicated to spreading awareness about equal healthcare facilities worldwide, the importance of health and wellness.
Theme: ‘Universal Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere.’
World Health Organisation Formation: 7 April 1948
Headquarters Geneva : Switzerland
Head Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
Answer: 4) C
Border guarding force Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) along with Sky Running Association of India organised the National Sky Running Championship at Mountaineering and Skiing Institute of ITBP at Auli in Uttarakhand. This is the first time such championship was organised at a high altitude of up to 4000 metres.
The high altitude marathon was organised for both junior and senior categories from April 4 to April 5, 2019. Various athletes from ITBP, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Uttarakhand participated in the championship.
Answer: 5) B
Two US based institutes Health Effects Institute (HEI) and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) recently released a detailed report on quality of the global air with title, “State of Global Air 2019”. Report says that India and China have collectively accounted for more than fifty percent of global 5 million deaths due to air pollution.
Answer: 6) D
The UAE government has announced granting long-term visas for the top 100 start-ups shaping the fourth industrial revolution. The 100 Arab start-ups were selected at the World Economic Forum on the Middle East and North Africa, held in Jordan between 6-7th April. According to the World Economic Forum’s latest report, 20% of the Arab world’s 100 most promising startups are based in the UAE.
The initiative aims to further integrate the Arab world’s most promising start-up entrepreneurs into a national and regional dialogue on pressing challenges.
UAE Capital: Abu Dhabi
Currency: United Arab Emirates Dirham
It is formed by seven emirates: Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain.
Answer: 7) A
Facebook introduced a new feature titled “Why am I seeing this post” to help users understand and control the kind of posts surfacing on their News Feed from friends, Pages, and Groups.
Answer: 8) B
India have retained the ICC Test Championship Mace and won the purse of USD 1 million for a third successive year. India won this award after finishing at the top of the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings on the cut-off, while New Zealand have ensured second place.
Answer: 9) D
Wildfires could have wiped out all seeds of the endemic flower of Neelakurinji. Next season, the Neelakurinji blossoms may not carpet the hillocks on the western side of the Western Ghats. Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes kunthianus) is a shrub that is found in the shola forests of the Western Ghats in South India. The flowers of Neelakurinji are purple-blue in colour and blooms once in 12 years. It is because of these flowers, Nilgiri hills in the southern tip of Western Ghats are called the Blue Mountains. This plant species is endemic to the Western Ghats. It has been categorized as endangered species. The Paliyan tribal people living in Tamil Nadu used it as a reference to calculate their age.
Answer: 10) A
Recently around 4,700, Konyak Naga women came together in an attempt to set a Guinness World Record for the “Largest Traditional Konyak Dance” in Kohima(Nagaland).Konyak is one of the 16 Naga tribes and people of this community live mainly in the Mon district of Nagaland. They are distinguishable from other Naga tribes by their pierced ears; and tattoos which they have all over their faces, hands, chests, arms, and calves.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.