1. Who has bagged the Wisden Almanack women’s Leading Cricketer of the Year 2018?
A. Smriti Mandhana
B. Ellyse Perry
C. Stafanie Taylor
D. Mithali Raj
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. New State of Matter Discovered.
2. Scientists from the University of Edinburgh of Scotland using powerful computer simulations have discovered the existence of the state known as the chain-melted state.
3. At the chain-melted state, atoms are both solid and liquid at the same time.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. Which country’s army ousted and arrested President Omar al-Bashir on April 11, 2019 ?
A. South Sudan
4. Consider the following statements ?
1. Genus Habrocestum jumping spider spotted first time in India.
2. It was spotted by a arachnologists from ’s Sacred Heart College, Thevara.
3. The spider also has a single long spine on the underside of both its first legs, and this gave it its scientific name Habrocestumlongispinum .
5. Between which two countries, the 12th edition of joint military exercise BOLD KURUKSHETRA culminated on 11 April 2019?
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. London becomes the first city to implement 24×7 pollution charge zone
2. In an attempt to reduce air pollution and protect public health, the ULEZ will be operational for 24 hours and seven days a week.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
7. In which country the first ever home delivery drone service has been launched by Google Wing?
8. Consider the following statements ?
1. According to the the World Bank’s ‘Migration and Development Brief’ report, India was the top recipient of remittances in 2018 again.
2. The low and middle income countries as a group received $529 billion in 2018, which was an increase of 9.6% over the previous record high of $483 billion in 2017.
9. The Supreme Court imposed a fine of Rs 20 lakh on which state for virtual ban on public screening of “Bhobishyoter Bhoot”?
B. West Bengal
C. Tamil Nadu
10. Who is set to win a record fifth term in Israel Elections 2019?
A. Benjamin Netanyahu
B. Benny Gantz
C. Gabi Ashkenazi
D. Moshe Yaalon
Answer: 1) A
Smriti Mandhana has been named “Leading Cricketer” in the recently published version of the prestigious cricket magazine Wisden. Virat Kohli has been named “Leading Cricketer” in the men’s category while Smriti Mandhana has been named “Leading Cricketer” in the women’s category.
Answer: 2) D
Scientists from the University of Edinburgh of Scotland using powerful computer simulations have discovered the existence of the state known as the chain-melted state.
Answer: 3) B
President of Omar al-Bashir in the African country Sudan, the 30-year long rule ended on April 11, 2019. army forced President Omar al-Bashir to resign after 30 years of rule.
Answer: 4) D
According to the study published in the Journal of Natural History, the jumping spider belonging to the genus Habrocestum was found in Ernakulam’s Illithodu forests, Kerala. This group of jumping spiders mostly occur in Eurasia and Africa, has been spotted for the first time in India. It was spotted by a arachnologists from ’s Sacred Heart College, Thevara. The team also found that is a species new to science. Comparisons with studies of European Habrocestum spiders revealed that the spiders from Illithode are a new species altogether, for they had distinctly different reproductive organs. The spider also has a single long spine on the underside of both its first legs, and this gave it its scientific name Habrocestumlongispinum (after Latin ‘longe’ meaning long and ‘spinae’ for spine).
Answer: 5) A
Military forces of India and Singapore got together to participate in a joint exercise in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi. The three-day exercise, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, is being conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism. The two countries had signed a cooperation agreement to strengthen the defence ties between the Indian Military and Singapore Armed Forces in November 2017.
Answer: 6) C
London became the first city in the world to implement a special Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).The ULEZ would charge an entry fee for older vehicles if they do not meet the emission standards. In an attempt to reduce air pollution and protect public health, the ULEZ will be operational for 24 hours and seven days a week. Motorists who drive into the zone in a vehicle that does not meet the new emission standard will have to pay a daily charge.
Answer: 7) D
The first home delivery drone service has been launched in Australia, after years of test flights. Wing, owned by Google’s parent company Alphabet, will deliver takeaway food, coffee and medicines by drone to about 100 homes in Canberra.
Answer: 8) C
According to the the World Bank’s ‘Migration and Development Brief’ report, India was the top recipient of remittances in 2018 again. India received $79 billion in 2018 as a remittance, which grew by 14% over 2017. However the World Bank said that“a flooding disaster in Kerala likely boosted the financial help that migrants sent to families”. A total of 483 people were killed by the floods that hit the state in August 2018.India has registered a significant flow of remittances from $62.7 billion in 2016 to $65.3 billion 2017.China came second with $67 billion. Mexico with $35 billion, the Philippines with $34 billion and Egypt with $29 billion were the others in top five. The low and middle income countries as a group received $529 billion in 2018, which was an increase of 9.6% over the previous record high of $483 billion in 2017.The rest pitched in an additional $160 billion to take the global aggregate to $689 billion. The World Bank report said that the global increase in remittances was driven by a stronger economy and employment situation in the US and a “rebound” in outflows from the Gulf Cooperation Countries, because of an increase in oil prices that is the chief source of their income, and Russia.
Answer: 9) B
The Supreme Court imposed a fine of Rs 20 lakh on the West Bengal government for imposing a virtual ban on public screening of satirical film “Bhobishyoter Bhoot” in the State. The film revolves around a group of ghosts, including a politician, who assemble at a refugee camp and try to be relevant in contemporary times.
Answer: 10) A
Incumbent Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is set to win a record fifth term in the country’s most closely-fought general election in years after his main rival conceded defeat. With more than 99 percent of votes counted, Netanyahu’s Likud party is set to lead a right-wing bloc with 65 of the 120 seats in parliament. Netanyahu’s key rival, Blue and White Party’s Benny Gantz, accepted the result.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.