1. Benjamin Netanyahu has been elected as the Prime Minister of Israel for which term?
A. A record fourth term
B. A record fifth term
C. A record third term
D. A record sixth term
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. First Ever Image of Black Hole revealed
2. The black hole is located at the centre of a distant galaxy called Messier 87 (M87) located in Virgo A constellation.
3. It is supermassive-6.5 billion times the Solar mass.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. When the International Day of Human Space Flight is observer every year?
A. 11 April
B. 12 April
C. 13 April
D. 14 April
4. Consider the following statements ?
1. The central government has cleared the procurement of 464 T-90 tanks from Russia in a deal worth over Rs 13,500 crore.
2. It is a third-generation Russian battle tank that entered service in 1993.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. Which space agency made its first commercial launch by placing a Saudi satellite in orbit ?
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. India to be Guest of Honour country at ADIBF 2019.
2. It will be held from 24th to 30th April 2019.
7. Exercise ‘Bold Kurukshetra-2019’ culminated recently. The exercise was held between India and which country?
B. Sri Lanka
8. Consider the following statements related to Deepa Malik?
1. Paralympian Deepa Malik named for New Zealand Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship.
2. She is the first Indian woman to earn a medal at the Paralympic Games.
9. Who has been appointed as first Chief Justice of new Andhra Pradesh High Court?
A. Vikram Nath
B. Surya Kant
C. Govind Mathur
D. Gita Mittal
10. Consider the following statements related to Namami Gange?
1. Namami Gange gets global recognition at world summit.
2 The awards recognise excellence across the international water industry and reward those initiatives in the water, waste water, and desalination sectors, which bring remarkable improvements in the lives of people.
3. ‘Namami Gange Programme’, is an Integrated Conservation Mission, approved as ‘Flagship Programme’ by the Union Government in June 2014.
Answer: 1) B
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party has won 36 seats and surpassed the main rival, the Blue and White party in the 2019 Israel election. The results were released by the committee after two days of counting ballots and delays caused by computer malfunctions. The results mean Netanyahu is heading for a record fifth term in office and would become Israel’s longest-serving Prime Minister.
Answer: 2) D
Scientists have revealed the first-ever image of a black hole. The black hole is located at the centre of a distant galaxy called Messier 87 (M87) located in Virgo A constellation. It is supermassive-6.5 billion times the Solar mass. The image of the black hole was taken by the Event Horizon Telescope (ETH).The ETH is a project comprised of eight different telescopes at different observatories around the world. It has been operating in synchronicity to image the black holes in the centre of M87 galaxy. Sagittarius A* black hole located at the centre of the Milky Way galaxy.
Answer: 3) B
The International Day of Human Space Flight was observed across the world on April 12, 2019. The day celebrates the anniversary of the first ever human space flight undertaken by Yuri Gagarin, a Soviet Union citizen then.
Answer: 4) C
The central government has cleared the procurement of 464 T-90 tanks from Russia in a deal worth over Rs 13,500 crore. Under the new deal, the tanks would be provided to the Armoured Corps of the force which will use them for deployment along the border with Pakistan. The new deal would increase the number of T-90s in the Army to close to 2,000 along with the remaining T-72 and T-55s.
Answer: 5) C
SpaceX has carried out its first commercial launch with its Falcon Heavy rocket. It completed the task with placing a Saudi satellite in orbit. The rocket carried a Saudi Arabian satellite operated by Arabsat, a year after sending founder Elon Musk’s red Tesla roadster into orbit as a test.
Answer: 6) C
UAE has announced that India will be the Guest of Honour country at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair, ADIBF 2019.It will be held from 24th to 30th April 2019.The fair aims to highlight the UAE’s rich heritage, showcasing its authenticity and modernity, as well as its cultural and literary output. The Indian Pavilion will host Indian authors and literary scholars who will serve as ambassadors for the literature and art of their country.
Answer: 7) D
The 12th edition of joint military exercise between India and Singapore ‘Bold Kurukshetra 2019’, culminated on April 11, 2019 after an impressive closing ceremony held at Babina Military Station, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
Answer: 8) C
Rio Paralympics silver medallist Deepa Malik has been named as the recipient of the New Zealand Prime Minister’s Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019.She is the first Indian woman to earn a medal at the Paralympic Games. The Fellowship Program has been running since 2008, which aims to strengthen the relationship between India and New Zealand by showcasing the different aspects of the warm friendship between the two countries. NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant was the recipient of this prestigious fellowship in 2017.
Answer: 9) A
Justice Vikram Nath, the senior most judge of Allahabad High Court, was appointed on as the first Chief Justice of the newly-constituted Andhra Pradesh High Court. The Collegium of Supreme Court comprising of Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi besides Judges S A Bobde and N V Ramana recommended the name of Justice Vikram Nath. The new Andhra Pradesh High court was established on 1 January 2019 this year following the division of a combined high court of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Answer: 10) D
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was awarded the distinction of “Public Water Agency of the Year” by Global Water Intelligence at the Global Water Summit in London. The awards recognise excellence across the international water industry and reward those initiatives in the water, waste water, and desalination sectors, which bring remarkable improvements in the lives of people. NMCG is under the Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
Namami Gange Mission
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.