1. Which country’s Prime Minister, Soumeylou Boubèye Maïga along with his entire government resigned on April 18, 2019 after it came under mounting pressure over handling the violence in the restive Mopti region?
D. DPR Congo
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. India drops down on World Press Freedom Index 2019.
2. The report finds an increased sense of hostility towards journalists across the world, with violent attacks in India leading to at least six Indian journalists being killed in the line of their work in the year 2018.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. In which country India has rebuilt Chhyoiphel Kundeling Monastery?
B. Sri Lanka
4. Consider the following statements related to G20 summit ?
1. Saudi Arabia to host the G20 summit in 2020
2. This would be the first G20 summit in the Arab world.
3. It was established in the year 1999.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. A book containing English translation of the 100-year-old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre, ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ has been released in Abu Dhabi. What is the name of a Jallianwala Bagh survivor, who wrote it after witnessing first-hand the events of April 13, 1919?
A. Nanak Singh
B. Kuldeep Nair
C. Khushwant Singh
D. Lal Singh Dil
6. Consider the following statements related to Gangandeep Kang?
1. Gangandeep Kang is the first Indian woman scientist to be elected Royal Society Fellow.
2. Gangandeep Kang currently serves as the executive director of the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad.
7. Which country has launched its first satellite, NepaliSet-1 successfully?
8. Consider the following statements ?
1. BoM partners with M1Xchange for MSME bill discounting.
2. Mynd Solutions is a technology management firm which runs the TReDS platform of M1Xchange.
3. The main purpose of TReDS platform is to facilitate smooth flow of liquidity in the system and make finance available at a competitive rate.
9. How many places is India in the World Press Freedom Index-2019?
10. Consider the following statements related to Jaideep Sarkar?
1. Jaideep Sarkar appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to South Africa.
2. Sarkar, a 1987-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as India’s ambassador in Bhutan.
Answer: 1) B
Mali’s Prime Minister Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga has resigned along with his whole government. He has resigned following a motion of no confidence over its failure to handle violence in the West African country. Legislators had discussed a possible motion of no confidence in the government because of last month’s massacre and failure to disarm militias.
Answer: 2) C
India has dropped two places on a global press freedom index to be ranked 140th out of 180 countries. The index has been prepared by “Reporters Without Borders”.The report finds an increased sense of hostility towards journalists across the world, with violent attacks in India leading to at least six Indian journalists being killed in the line of their work in the year 2018.South Asia in general features poorly on the index, with Pakistan dropping three places to 142, and Bangladesh dropping four places to 150.Norway is ranked first in the 2019 Index for the third year running while Finland (up two places) has taken second place from the Netherlands (down one at 4th). At the bottom of the Index, both Vietnam (176th) and China (177th) have fallen one place and Turkmenistan (down two at 180th) is now last, replacing North Korea (up one at 179th).
Answer: 3) A
India has rebuilt Chhyoiphel Kundeling Monastery in Nepal. Shyalpa Tenzin Rinpoche inaugurated newly reconstructed Monastery at Lisankhu village in Sindhupalchok district .Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India Dr. Ajay Kumar was also present on the occasion. The Monastery has been reconstructed with Government of India grant of 18.9 million Nepalese rupees.
Answer: 4) D
Saudi Arabia announced that it will be hosting the G20 summit in November 2020 in its capital Riyadh. This would be the first G20 summit in the Arab world.Last year’s G20 meeting was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Answer: 5) D
A book containing English translation of the 100-year-old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre, ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ has been released in Abu Dhabi. The poem was translated by Mr Suri whose grandfather, revolutionary poet and novelist Nanak Singh, a Jallianwala Bagh survivor, wrote it after witnessing first-hand the events of April 13, 1919. On this ill-fated day, British troops fired upon crowds of protesters peacefully demonstrating against the Rowlatt Act of the British Raj, leading to the loss of well over a thousand lives.
Answer: 6) C
Dr Gagandeep Kang made history by becoming India’s first woman to be made a Fellow of the prestigious Royal Society London. Gangandeep Kang is a leading scientist in India and her main research focus is on viral infections in children and the testing of rotavirus vaccines. Gangandeep Kangcurrently serves as the executive director of the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad. Fellowship of the Society is one of the most coveted honours in the scientific world and some of history’s greatest scientists like Isaac Newton (1672), Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein (1921), were associated with it.
Answer: 7) D
Nepal successfully launched its first satellite into space from the US to gather detailed geographical information of the Himalayan nation.NepaliSat-1 is a low orbit satellite which will be in the 400-km distance from the Earth’s surface. The satellite will take photographs on a regular basis to gather geographical information of the country .NAST (Nepal Academy of Science and Technology)initiated the launch of the country’s own satellite under the BIRDS project of the Japanese Kyushu Institute of Technology.
Answer: 8) D
State-owned Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has partnered with M1Xchange TReDS platform for MSME bill discounting. Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) is a digital platform to support micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to get their bills financed at a competitive rate through an auction where multiple registered financiers can participate. Mynd Solutions is a technology management firm which runs the TReDS platform of M1Xchange.
The main purpose of TReDS platform is to facilitate smooth flow of liquidity in the system and make finance available at a competitive rate.
Answer: 9) A
India has dropped two places on a global press freedom index to be ranked 140th out of 180 countries in the annual Reporters Without Borders analysis. The index is an indicator of how hatred of journalists has degenerated into violence in countries across the world. Six Indian journalists were reportedly killed in the year 2018 owing to their work. Norway is ranked first in the 2019 Index for the third year running while Finland has taken the second place.
Answer: 10) C
Jaideep Sarkar has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to South Africa. Sarkar, a 1987-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as India’s ambassador in Bhutan. He served in Indian Missions in Tokyo, Seoul and Bangladesh as well. The government also appointed Suhel Ajaz Khan, presently serving as India’s Deputy Chief of Mission in Saudi Arabia, as the next Ambassador to Lebanon.
South Africa capital: Pretoria is the administrative capital, Cape Town is the legislative capital and Bloemfontein is the judicial capital.
Currency: South African Rand
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.