1. Malogam, the one-voter polling station in the Hayuliang Assembly constituency records 100% voting on April 11, the first phase of polling. In which state is Malogam located?
B. Arunachal Pradesh
2. Consider the following statements related to Kakapo?
1. Kakapo is the world’s fattest parrot.
2. The kakapo is an “unusual” parrot as the females control the breeding process and only mate every two to four years when New Zealand’s native rimu trees are full of fruit.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Which Indian wrestler has become world number one in the men’s 65kg freestyle category?
A. Bajrang Punia
B. Yogeshwar Dutt
C. Sushil Kumar
D. Jinder Mahal
4. Consider the following statements related to Varuna Naval Exercise 2019?
1. India and France will conduct their largest ever naval exercise ‘Varuna’.
2. The Excercise will be conducted in May 2019.
5. Which organisation releases World Press Freedom Index every year?
A. United Nations
B. Reporters Without Borders
C. Thomson Reuters
D. World Peace Council
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. 7th China International Technology Fair kicks start in Shanghai.
2. It is a national-level professional fair focused on international technology trade.
3. Nearly 1,000 companies and organizations are attending the fair.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
7. Which nation has successfully launched its 1st satellite into space under Japan’s Birds project?
8. Consider the following statements ?
1. Deutsche Bank appoints Kaushik Shaparia as CEO.
2. Kaushik Shaparia’s appointment will be effective from May 2019.
9. Jaideep Sarkar has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to which nation?
C. South Africa
10. Indian Ships will participate in the International Fleet Review 2019 in which country?
Answer: 1) B
It was not unusual for Malogam, the one-voter polling station in the Hayuliang Assembly constituency in Arunachal Pradesh, to record 100% voting on April 11, the first phase of polling.
Answer: 2) C
The world’s fattest parrot, the critically endangered kakapo, has enjoyed a record-breaking breeding season. New Zealand scientists said that climate change is possibly aiding the species’ unique mating spree. The kakapo is an “unusual” parrot as the females control the breeding process and only mate every two to four years when New Zealand’s native rimu trees are full of fruit.
Answer: 3) A
India’s Bajrang Punia has regained the world number one spot in the men’s 65-kilogram freestyle category rankings. The rankings were released by United World Wrestling. Punia, who won Gold in the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games as well as a silver in the World Championships last year. He had first reached the world number one spot in November 2019.He won a gold medal at the Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov tournament in Bulgaria last month.
Answer: 4) C
India and France will conduct their largest ever naval exercise ‘Varuna’. The Excercise will be conducted in May 2019.
India and France
Answer: 5) B
The Reporters Without Borders (RSF) on April 18, 2019 released the World Press Freedom Index 2019, reflecting growing animosity towards journalists. This year, the index has been topped by Norway again for the third year, followed by Finland and Sweden at second and third positions, respectively.
Answer: 6) D
The 7th China International Technology Fair opened in Shanghai. It is a national-level professional fair focused on international technology trade. With an exhibition space covering 35,000 square meters, the fair has five exhibition areas including professional technologies, technological innovation, and trade services. Nearly 1,000 companies and organizations are attending the fair. The CSITF has become an important showcase for the latest technologies worldwide since 2013 when the first exhibition was held.
Answer: 7) B
Nepal has successfully launched its first satellite NepaliSat-1 into space from Virginia in the United States. The satellite was developed by the Nepalese scientists. NepaliSat-1 is a low orbit satellite. The launch of the satellite was initiated under the BIRDS project of the Japanese Kyushu Institute of Technology.
Answer: 8) C
Deutsche Bank appointed Kaushik Shaparia as the chief executive officer for India to succeed Ravneet Gill. Gill left the bank to head private lender YES Bank earlier this year. Shaparia’s appointment will be effective from May 2019. Shaparia served as Asia Pacific Head of Corporate Banking Coverage within Institutional and Treasury Coverage.
Answer: 9) C
Jaideep Sarkar has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to South Africa. Sarkar, a 1987-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as India’s ambassador in Bhutan. He served in Indian Missions in Tokyo, Seoul and Bangladesh as well.
Answer: 10) D
Indian Naval Ships Kolkata and Shakti will arrive at Qingdao in China to participate in the International Fleet Review IFR as part of 70th Anniversary celebrations of People’s Liberation Army (Navy). International Fleet Review is a parade of naval ships, aircraft and submarines, and is organised by nations to promote goodwill, strengthen cooperation and showcase their organisational capabilities. IFR also serves as an ideal platform for the world’s navies to showcase their prowess and indigenous ship designing and shipbuilding capabilities in a global and international arena.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.