1. The Indian Army recently began online registration of women for recruitment into which field for the first time?
A. Air Defence
B. Education Corps
C. Engineer Corps
D. Military Police
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. India Pavilion inaugurated at Abu Dhabi International Book Fair 2019.
2. It displays the 100 volume series titled Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, apart from various publications on the freedom struggle.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. On the first day of the 23rd edition of the Asian Athletics Championship, which Indian cricketer gave India the silver medal in the Biological Throw?
A. Parul Chaudhary
B. Annu Rani
D. Gavit Murali
4. Consider the following statements?
1. 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness began in Kathmandu.
2. The theme of the two-day summit is “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”.
5. The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights has asked all States to stop sale of Johnson’s baby shampoo after presence of which chemical was found in its samples?
B. Vinyl Chloride
6. Consider the following statements related to Cultural Festival?
1. Cultural Festival begins in Guwahati.
2. The festival is being celebrated in collaboration with North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC) from April 25 to 28, 2019 in four venues of Guwahati.
3. The inauguration of the festival was organized at Shilpgram of NEZCC at Panjabari, Guwahati.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
7. Which nation has decided to end sanctions waivers for all importers of Iranian oil?
B. United States
C. United Kingdom
8. Consider the following statements?
1. Major cyclone Fani, likely to cross Tamil Nadu.
2. The system is formed over Equatorial Indian Ocean and adjoining the southeast Bay of Bengal.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
9. Which of the following central banks is the first Asia-Pacific (APAC) central bank to begin interest rate easing cycle?
A. Reserve Bank of India
B. Central Bank of Sri Lanka
C. Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan
D. People\’s Bank of China
10. Consider the following statements?
1. Indian Army signs MoU with NHPC for construction of tunnels on China, Pakistan borders.
2. The project is meant to bolster the Indian Army’s capabilities along the Chinese border.
Answer: 1) D
In a first, the Indian Army on April 25, 2019 began online registration of women for recruitment as soldiers into the military police. The recruitment for ‘Soldier General Duty (Women Military Police)’ was mooted by the Army Chief General Bipin Rawat soon after he took over the post.
Answer: 2) C
The India Pavilion at the 29th Abu Dhabi International Book Fair has been inaugurated. India has been designated as the Guest of Honour for the Book Fair, which is being held from 24th – 30th April 2019.The India Pavilion lays special focus on the life and philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi. It displays the 100 volume series titled Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, apart from various publications on the freedom struggle.
Answer: 3) B
On the first day of the 23rd edition of the Asian Athletics Championship, Annu Rani opened India’s account with 60.22 meter Javelin throw and gave India the silver medal.
Answer: 4) C
5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness began in Kathmandu. The theme of the two-day summit is “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”. The basic aim of the summit is to address the issue of fully utilizing the media’s potential of accelerating climate action and disaster preparedness. Over 200 participants including political leaders, representatives of UN agencies and NGOs scientists and media persons are attending the event.
Answer: 5) A
Johnson & Johnson has strongly rejected findings of a Rajasthan government laboratory showing presence of “harmful” chemicals in the US-based company’s baby shampoo, a popular product in India. Based on the report of the Drug Testing Laboratory in Jaipur, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has written to the chief secretaries of all states and Union Territories asking them to stop sale of Johnson & Johnson’s (J&J) baby shampoo and remove it from the stocks. The NCPCR said the test report found presence of formaldehyde in J&J’s baby shampoo.
Answer: 6) D
South Central Zone Cultural Centre (SCZCC) of Ministry of Culture, Government of India is organizing Madhya Dakshini Festival 2019.The festival is being celebrated in collaboration with North East Zone Cultural Centre (NEZCC) from April 25 to 28, 2019 in four venues of Guwahati. In the festival, around 100 folk artists from Central India, states from Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Andra Pradesh will perform vibrant and colourful folk dances showing the rich cultural heritage of India. The inauguration of the festival was organized at Shilpgram of NEZCC at Panjabari, Guwahati.
Answer: 7) B
The United States is expected to announce that all importers of Iranian oil will have to end their imports shortly or be subject to US sanctions. As per reports, the administration will terminate the sanction waivers that it had granted to some importers of Iranian oil late last year.
Answer: 8) C
A red alert has been declared in Tamil Nadu for April 30 and May 1 as a major cyclone, Fani, is likely to hit the north coast of the state over the two days. Fishermen have been advised not to venture out into the sea during the coming week. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said that after gaining more strength, the cyclonic circulation has finally induced a low-pressure area. The system is formed over Equatorial Indian Ocean and adjoining the southeast Bay of Bengal.
Answer: 9) A
The Reserve Bank of India is the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle buoyed by benign food inflation and easier global financial condition, Fitch Ratings said.
Answer: 10) C
Indian Army signed an MoU with National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited (NHPC).The MoU is for the construct tunnels on borders with China and Pakistan for storage of ammunition and other war-related equipment. Under the pilot project, three tunnels will be built on China border while one will be built along the Line of Control with Pakistan. The project is meant to bolster the Indian Army’s capabilities along the Chinese border.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.