1. Who is winner of Asian Badminton Championship men singles title 2019?
A. Kento Momota
B. Shi Yuki
C. Chen Long
D. Victor Axelssen
2. Consider the following statements related to Cyclone Kenneth?
1. It is powerful tropical cyclone which battered northern Mozambique with winds of up to 220 Km/hour.
2. The cyclone also struck the island nation of Comoros.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Cyclone Fani was named by which country?
C. Sri Lanka
4. Consider the following statements related to Global Food Policy report 2019?
1. It has been released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
2. IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries.
3. The headquarter of IFPRI is in Washington USA.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. The voting for the fourth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held for how many constituencies?
6. Consider the following statements?
1. Bajrang Punia to become first Indian to compete at Madison Square Garden wrestling event.
2. Punia, who won the 65kg men’s freestyle gold at the recent Asian championships, will be among top wrestlers selected by the American governing body for the May 6 tournament.
7. Which nation has announced a ban on covering of the face with any kind of veil or burqa?
B. United Kingdom
D. United States
8. Consider the following statements?
1. Wipro Consumer Care acquires Splash Corporation.
2. Splash Corporation is among the top five local companies in the Philippines, where it gets 85% of its annual revenue of around $80 million.
9. Who was recommended for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019 by the Wrestling Federation of India?
A. Sushil Kumar
B. Vinesh Phogat
C. Sakshi Malik
D. Harpreet Singh
10. The National Company Law Tribunal approved the merger of which bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion?
A. Kotak Mahindra Bank
B. RBL Bank
C. IDBI Bank
D. IndusInd Bank
Answer: 1) A
World number one player of Japan, Kento Momota won the title of badminton Asia championship after defeating Shi Yuki of China while returning strongly after losing the first game.
Answer: 2) C
Heavy rain and flooding in northern Mozambique due to Cyclone Kenneth killed at least 38 people. It is powerful tropical cyclone which battered northern Mozambique with winds of up to 220 Km/hour. The cyclone also struck the island nation of Comoros.
Answer: 3) B
Cyclone Fani, which is expected to bring heavy rainfall to the Indian coast was named by Bangladesh.
Answer: 4) D
It has been released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).The 2019 report highlights the urgency of rural revitalization to address a growing crisis in rural areas. The headquarter of IFPRI is in Washington USA. Rural population account for 45.3% of the world’s total population and at least 70% of the world’s population remains extremely poor. Rural transformation and revitalization have been the pre-eminent goal of India’s development efforts since independence. Nearly 50% of rural youth all over the world do not have any formal job they are either unemployed or under-employed. Almost one billion people, most living in rural areas of Africa and South Asia, still lack access to electricity. As the growth rates varied greatly across the region, South Asia remained the fastest growing region in the world in 2018, as economic growth continued to strengthen.
Answer: 5) A
The fourth phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held on April 29, 2019 for 72 Lok Sabha Constituencies across 9 States. The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Phase 4 saw voting in 17 seats of Maharashtra, 13 seats each in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, 8 in West Bengal, 6 each in Madhya Pradesh and Odisha, 5 in Bihar, and 3 in Jharkhand.
Answer: 6) C
Asian champion Bajrang Punia is to become the first Indian wrestler to fight at New York’s iconic Madison Square Garden. Punia, who won the 65kg men’s freestyle gold at the recent Asian championships, will be among top wrestlers selected by the American governing body for the May 6 tournament. The 25-year-old will take on two-time US national champion Yianni. Diakomahlis in the “Grapple at the Garden” Beat the Streets event. Punia has eight gold medals from his previous nine international tournaments including last year’s Commonwealth and Asian Games.
Answer: 7) C
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena announced a ban on covering of the face with burqa.
Answer: 8) C
Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting (WCCL) has acquired the Philippines-based personal care maker Splash Corporation. WCCL is the consumer care business of software provider Wipro Ltd. Splash Corporation is among the top five local companies in the Philippines, where it gets 85% of its annual revenue of around $80 million. The transaction is expected to strengthen the consumer care portfolio in personal care apart from completing its South East Asian footprint.
Answer: 9) B
The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) recommended the names of Bajrang Punia and Vinesh Phogat for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019. Current number one wrestler, Punia won the Asian Wrestling Championships in Xi’an, China.
Answer: 10) D
The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approved the merger of IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL). The merger will be completed within 2-4 weeks. Post merger, the BFIL will become a subsidiary of the IndusInd Bank.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.