1. Which state celebrated its statehood day on Labour Day (May 1)?
A. Kerala and Madhya Pradesh
B. Maharashtra and Gujarat
C. Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat
D. West Bengal and Maharashtra
2. Consider the following statements?
1. India’s military spending up by 3.1% and Pakistan’s 11% in 2018.
2. The spending by the US increased for the first time since 2010 and that of China went up for the 24th consecutive year.
3. The global military spending is 2.1 per cent of the world GDP.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. Who is the new emperor of Japan?
4. Consider the following statements related to Labour Day?
1. May Day is also called Workers’ Day or International Workers’ Day is observed every year on 1 May.
2. The theme of Labour Day 2019 is ‘Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement’.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. Between which two countries a joint naval exercise, Varuna 19.1 began off the Goa coast from on May 1, 2019?
6. Consider the following statements?
1. India’s eight core industries grew 4.7 per cent in March 2019.
2. The eight core sectors include coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilizers, steel, cement, and electricity.
7. Which city hosted run to vote mini-marathon on April 28, 2019?
8. Consider the following statements?
1. UN Security Council designates Masood Azhar as a global terrorist.
2. The UNSC resolution 1267 was adopted unanimously on October 15, 1999.
3. It is a consolidated list of people and entities it has determined as being associated with Al Qaeda or the Taliban.
9. Who was named 2019 FWA footballer of the year?
A. Raheem Sterling
B. Cristiano Ronaldo
C. Lionel Messi
D. Virgil Van Dijk
10. Which city hosted the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers’ conclave?
Answer: 1) B
Gujarat and Maharashtra Day is annually celebrated on May 1 to mark region attaining statehood on May 1, 1960. Gujarat is also known as the ‘Jewel of Western India’. Gujarat was formed along with Maharashtra after it was divided from Bombay state. However, there is no official celebration this year due to the model code of conduct.
Answer: 2) D
World’s military expenditure increased by 2.6 per cent, reaching $1822 billion in 2018 with India along with United States, China, Saudi Arabia and France contributing 60 percent of the amount, according to the latest report from the SIPRI. India’s military spending went up by 3.1 per cent to $66.5 billion while Pakistan’s grew by 11 per cent to reach $11.4 billion. The spending by the US increased for the first time since 2010 and that of China went up for the 24th consecutive year. The global military spending is 2.1 per cent of the world GDP.
In India, the defence budget has remained less than 2 per cent of the GDP
SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute)
Answer: 3) A
Japan’s new emperor, Naruhito, has formally ascended the Chrysanthemum Throne, replacing his father, Akihito. Emperor Akihito abdicated thanking the people for their support over the last three decades and expressing hope for a peaceful future. In a ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Naruhito became the 126th Emperor of Japan. The emperor in Japan holds no political power but serves as a national symbol.
Answer: 4) C
The day celebrates the struggle, dedication and commitment of the working class. Labour Day has its origins in the labour union movement in the United States in the 19th century when the industrialists used to exploit the labour class and made them work up to 15 hours a day. The theme of Labour Day 2019 is ‘Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement’.
Answer: 5) D
The first part of the Indo-French joint naval exercise, Varuna 19.1 began off the Goa coast from on May 1, 2019.The exercise will be conducted in two phases. The harbour phase at Goa would include cross-visits, professional interactions and discussions and sports events. The sea phase would comprise various excercises across the spectrum of maritime operations. The second part, Varuna 19.2, is scheduled to be held at the end of May in Djibouti.
Answer: 6) C
India’s eight core industries grew 4.7 per cent in March 2019.The eight core sectors include coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilizers, steel, cement, and electricity. On a year-on-year basis, the FY19 core industries growth remained unchanged at 4.3 per cent. The crude oil sector continued its contraction in March, contracting 6.2% compared with a contraction of 6.1% in the previous month.
Answer: 7) A
A mini-marathon titled ‘run to vote’ was held in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir’s Ladakh region which is going to polls in the last phase of the Lok Sabha elections on May 6. The objective of the marathon was to promote voter awareness and educate the target population about EVM and VVPAT.
Answer: 8) D
Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar was listed as a designated terrorist by the UN Security Council 1267 Committee.
About the UN Security Council 1267 Committee
United Nations Security Council
Other Principal Organs of the UN:
Answer: 9) A
Raheem Sterling has been named the 2019 footballer of the year by the Football Writers’ Association (FWA).
Answer: 10) B
The Shanghai Co-operation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers’ conclave was held at Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan .
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.