1. Which personality recently invested in Ola Electric Mobility (OEM), the electric vehicle business of cab aggregator Ola?
A. Ratan Tata
B. Mukesh Ambani
C. Aditya Birla
D. Anil Ambani
2. Consider the following statements?
1. Drug firm Merck Ltd renamed as Procter & Gamble Health Ltd.
2. The name has been changed following P&G’s global acquisition of the consumer health business of Merck KGaA, Germany.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Who was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court?
A. Justice Ramachandra Menon
B. Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi
C. Justice Alok Kumar Singh
D. Justice Vikram Sethi
4. Consider the following statements?
1. Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) held a ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of the Renewable Energy sector in New Delhi.
2. The ‘Baithak’ (meet) was chaired by Secretary, MNRE, Shri Anand Kumar.
5. Which institution recently rejected plea by 21 opposition parties for 50% VVPAT verification?
A. Election Commission of India
B. Supreme Court
C. Delhi High Court
D. Central Government
6. Consider the following statements?
1. India, Bangladesh to jointly produce a movie on life, works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
2. The movie will be directed by acclaimed filmmaker Shyam Benegal, along with the writer Atul Tiwari.
7. When was the World Asthma Day 2019 observed?
A. 4 May
B. 5 May
C. 6 May
D. 7 May
8. Consider the following statements related to Gangamma Jatara?
1. Gangamma Jatarais a very famous local festival for the people of Tirupati.
2. Gangamma Jatarais is done every year in the month of May.
3. This festival is to offer prayers to the goddess Gangamma who is believed to be the sister of Lord Venkateswara.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
9. India agreed to strengthen economic co-operation with which nation recently?
A. United States
D. United Kingdom
10. On 9th May, 2019, with which country has India sign a protocol to export of chilli meal?
Answer: 1) A
Ratan Tata, the Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, invested in Ola Electric Mobility (OEM), the electric vehicle business of cab aggregator Ola.
Answer: 2) C
Drug firm Merck Ltd has been renamed as Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. The name has been changed following P&G’s global acquisition of the consumer health business of Merck KGaA, Germany. The company has received approval from the Registrar of Companies, Mumbai, Maharashtra, for change of name from Merck Ltd to Procter & Gamble Health Ltd.
Answer: 3) A
Justice PR Nair Ramachandra Menon has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court. He is presently serving as a Judge of the Kerala High Court. Governor Anandiben Patel administered him the oath of office.
Answer: 4) C
Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) held a ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of the Renewable Energy sector in New Delhi. The ‘Baithak’ (meet) was chaired by Secretary, MNRE, Shri Anand Kumar. The meeting deliberated upon various issues pertaining to the RE sector viz. solar, wind, bio-energy, small-hydro, regulatory issues, bidding & pricing, demand forecasting, financing of RE projects, energy storage, Make in India, skilling India’s RE workforce etc. Various policy interventions were suggested for the sector by the stakeholders at ‘Chintan Baithak’ and MNRE will consider these suggestions.
Answer: 5) B
The Supreme Court dismissed a plea of 21 Opposition parties, led by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, to review its judgment rejecting 50% random physical verification of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) using Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT).
Answer: 6) C
India and Bangladesh will co-produce a film on the life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War. The co-production was earlier announced by the Prime Ministers of both the countries. The movie will be directed by acclaimed filmmaker Shyam Benegal, along with the writer Atul Tiwari. Co-production of a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War was also discussed.
Answer: 7) D
World Asthma Day (WAD) is organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) towards increasing awareness about asthma and its management across the world. It is observed every year on the first Tuesday of May. On this day activities are carried out throughout the world to motivate asthma patients to keep their asthma under control. The theme for WAD 2019 is ‘STOP for Asthma’: where STOP stands for Symptom Evaluation, Test Response, Observe and Assess, and Proceed to Adjust Treatment.
Answer: 8) D
It is a very famous local festival for the people of Tirupati. It is celebrated in Thathaya Gunta Gangamma Temple. It is done every year in the month of May.
This festival is to offer prayers to the goddess Gangamma who is believed to be the sister of Lord Venkateswara.
Answer: 9) A
India and the United States have agreed to strengthen economic co-operation and bilateral trade by ensuring greater collaboration amongst stakeholders, including government, businesses and entrepreneurs.
Answer: 10) B
India and China on May 9, 2019 signed a protocol for export of Indian Chilli Meal from India to China. The move came after a meeting between the Anup Wadhawan, Commerce Secretary, and Li Guo, Vice Minister of the General Administration of Customs of China (GACC). During the meeting, both the sides discussed the trade related issues such as the long pending Indian request for clearance of agricultural products. Both the sides also agreed for quick resolution of the market access issues.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.