1. Who was Thoppil Mohamed Meeran, died recently?
C. Tabla maestro
D. Ghazal singer
2. Consider the following statements?
1. The US approves dengue vaccine Dengvaxia.
2. It can be only given to the people aged 9 to 16 who live in areas where dengue is endemic and who are shown by lab testing already to have been infected with the disease.
3. Dengvaxia is produced by the French pharmaceutical firm Sanofi Pasteur.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. the Amazon Inc’s space company Blue Origin unveiled a lunar lander that would be used to transport equipment, and possibly human beings, to the south pole of the moon by 2024. What is the name of this lunar lander?
A. Super Moon
B. Blue Moon
C. Amazon Moon
4. Consider the following statements?
1. Indian Air Force gets first Apache Helicopter from the US.
2. The IAF had signed a contract with the US Government and Boeing Company in September 2015 for 22 Apache helicopters.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. Which team is the winner of the women T-20 Challenge 2019?
A. IPL Supernova
B. IPL velocity
C. IPL Trailblazers
D. IPL Comet
6. Consider the following statements?
1. New species of rain snake discovered in Mizoram.
2. According to the taxonomic journal, Zootaxa, the newly discovered Mizo rain snake (Smithophis atemporalis) has been named after eminent British herpetologist, Malcom A Smith, for his contribution to Indian herpetology.
7. The Supreme Court has refused to regularise the pay of contractual teachers belonging to which state?
A. Uttar Pradesh
8. Consider the following statements?
1. UN to hold the 2020 ocean conference in Lisbon.
2. The conference aims to support t he sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources.
9. The Supreme Court has granted how much time to the Ayodhya mediation panel to come to a solution?
A. 3 months
B. 2 months
C. 1 month
D. 5 months
10. Who among the following Indian actresses has been appointed by the UN as its SDG advocate?
A. Sonali Bendre
B. Dia Mirza
C. Alia Bhatt
D. Sushmita Sen
Answer: 1) A
Noted novelist and Sahitya Akademi awardee Thoppil Mohamed Meeran passed away. Saaivu Naarkkaali (The Reclining Chair), released in 1995, bagged him the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award in 1997.In recognition, he received 8 awards including the Sahitya Akademi Award and Tamil Nadu Kalai Ilakkiya Perumantram Award in 1992.
Answer: 2) D
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the first vaccine for dengue, Dengvaxia.FDA has also placed significant restrictions on its use because the vaccine has been shown to put some people at heightened risk. It can be only given to the people aged 9 to 16 who live in areas where dengue is endemic and who are shown by lab testing already to have been infected with the disease. The Philippines, which became the first country to approve it in 2016, was also the first to ban it in February this year over safety concerns. Dengvaxia is produced by the French pharmaceutical firm Sanofi Pasteur.
Answer: 3) B
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos showcased a mock-up of a new lunar lander spacecraft. He said that the spacecraft will be able to take equipment and humans to the moon by 2024.The spacecraft was built by his Blue Origin rocket company and is called Blue Moon. Blue Moon is planned to be capable of delivering 4,500 kg (9,900 lb) to the surface of the Moon and can also be used as a cargo vehicle to support NASA’s outer space activities.
Answer: 4) C
The first Apache Helicopter AH-64E(I) was formally handed over to the Indian Air Force, IAF at Boeing production facility in Mesa, Arizona, USA. The IAF had signed a contract with the US Government and Boeing Company in September 2015 for 22 Apache helicopters. The first batch of the helicopters is scheduled to be shipped to India by July this year. These helicopters will provide a significant edge in any future joint operations in support.
Answer: 5) A
Harmanpreet Kaur and her Supernovas began the inaugural Women’s T20 Challenge with a flourish and finished it in style to walk away as the first-ever champions in Jaipur .First, the Supernovas managed to restrict Velocity to just 121/6 after bowling first and managed to chase down the target with relative easy, led by their skipper Harmanpreet’s 37-ball 51.
Answer: 6) C
Researches have discovered a non-venomous species of snake in Mizoram. According to the taxonomic journal, Zootaxa, the newly discovered Mizo rain snake (Smithophis atemporalis) has been named after eminent British herpetologist, Malcom A Smith, for his contribution to Indian herpetology. The species looks like a slender elongated common water snake with black-white-yellowish scales. They frequent streams close to human habitation in Mizoram and are usually seen after the rain, thus deriving the name, the Mizo rain snake. The finding is new for researchers, but locals have known about this species for decades. They locally referred to it as ‘ruahlawmrul’, a rain-loving snake. The snake lacks temporal scales (specific enlarged scales in the temporal region of the head located behind the eyes), which is characterised as extremely rare for the snake family. The maximum-recorded length of the species is 655 mm (approximately 2.5 feet).
Scientists considered the new genus as a part of the genus Rhabdops, which has two species – the Olive forest snake found in the Western Ghats and the bicoloured forest snake from northeast India.
Answer: 7) D
The Supreme Court has set aside the order of the Patna High Court, in which it had ruled that contract teachers in the state are entitled to a salary that is at par with the regular permanent teachers. The 3.5 lakh contractual teachers had demanded that they should also be given the same salary and benefits as the regular teachers as they were doing the same work and had the same educational qualification.
Answer: 8) C
United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) decided to hold its 2020 high-level conference early June in Portugal’s Lisbon. The conference aims to support t he sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources. The UNGA decides that the theme of the conference shall be ‘scaling up ocean action based on science and innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: stocktaking, partnerships and solutions.’
Answer: 9) A
The Supreme Court has granted time extension to the Ayodhya mediation panel to come up with an amicable solution in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case till August 15, 2019. The decision was taken by a five-judge constitution bench of the apex court comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi, Justices S A Bobde, Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and Abdul Nazeer.
Answer: 10) B
The United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed 17 global figures as the new advocates to drive action and solidify global political will for the ambitious Sustainable Development Goals. These include Indian actress Dia Mirza and Alibaba chief Jack Ma. The new class of Sustainable Development Goals, SDG, Advocates are influential public figures committed to raising awareness, inspiring greater ambition and pushing for faster action on the SDGs.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.