1. Which country will host 2023 Asian Cup football tournament after Korea withdrew bid?
2. Consider the following statements related to Coral Bleaching?
1. Coral Bleaching is a bacterial disease.
2. The disease is affecting a variety of reef-building coral species-many of them long-lived and appears to be spreading from reef-to-reef throughout southwestern.
3. Coral bleaching occurs when coral polyps expel the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae living in their tissues, causing them to turn completely white. This phenomenon is called coral bleaching.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. Who has become the first woman to be appointed to ICC’s international panel of match referees and will be eligible to officiate in international games with immediate effect?
A. Claire Polosak
C. Kathy Cross
D. Doris Turner
4. Consider the following statements?
1. Exercise Bull Strike at Teressa Island, Andaman.
2. 170 troops from three services carried out para drop operations in a Combat Free Fall and Static Line mode.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. World Cupper Igor Stimac has been appointed team head coach of which of the followings for a two-year term ?
A. Men’ hockey
6. Consider the following statements?
1. Indian Navy’s Service Selection Board Inaugurated At Kolkata.
2. SSB (Kolkata) is located approximately 55 km away from central Kolkata.
3. SSB (Kolkata) has the capacity to screen approximately 5000 officer-candidates annually.
7. Which country has banned Wikipedia in all languages in the second week of May 2019?
B. North Korea
8. Consider the following statements?
1. Nabventures launches maiden fund to back agri, food and rural start-ups .
2. This is the first time that the rural development bank has launched a fund of its own.
9. Which institution recently launched the ‘Vision 2021’ document for e-payment system?
B. NITI AAYOG
10. Which nation has banned headscarf in primary schools?
C. New Zealand
D. Sri Lanka
Answer: 1) A
China has become the sole contender to host Asian Cup Football tournament in 2023 after South Korea has announced to withdraw its bid to host the game. The Korea Football Association (KFA) announced that it had pulled out to strategically focus on a joint bid with North Korea to host the Women’s World Cup in the same year.
Answer: 2) D
Corals in the US Virgin Islands have been affected by a fast-spreading disease called ‘Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease’ that has previously wiped out nearly 80 percent of stony corals in Florida. The disease is affecting a variety of reef-building coral species-many of them long-lived and appears to be spreading from reef-to-reef throughout southwestern. It is a bacterial disease. In this disease, the tissue would slough off, leaving the stark white skeleton exposed until algae colonized it
Some causes of Coral Bleaching
Answer: 3) B
India’s G.S. Lakshmi has become the first woman to be appointed to ICC’s international panel of match referees. She will be eligible to officiate in international games with immediate effect. Lakshmi, who first officiated as a match referee in domestic women’s cricket in 2008-09, has overseen three women’s ODI matches and three women’s T20 International matches. Claire Polosak had become the first ever woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI, earlier this month.
Answer: 4) C
The military drill named as Exercise Bull strike was conducted to showcase joint operations capability of the armed forces. During the exercise, the army personnel got the chance to display their prowess by undertaking company level airborne operation at Teressa island, Andaman Nicobar.170 troops from three services carried out para drop operations in a Combat Free Fall and Static Line mode.
Answer: 5) B
Croatian World Cupper Igor Stimac has been appointed Indian football team head coach for a two-year term. The national team has been without a coach since the departure of Stephen Constantine in January 2019.The appointment was made by the All India Football Federation’s Executive Committee. The 51-year-old Stimac was part of Croatia’s 1998 World Cup squad and has over 18 years of coaching experience.
Answer: 6) D
Admiral Sunil Lanba, the Chief of Naval Staff inaugurated Indian Navy’s first full-fledged Service Selection Board (SSB) at Diamond Harbour, near Kolkata.SSB (Kolkata) is located approximately 55 km away from central Kolkata. This is the fifth Service Selection Board of the Indian Navy and caters for selection of both Permanent and Short Service Commission officers. The other Boards are located in Bhopal, Bengaluru, Visakhapatnam and Coimbatore.SSB (Kolkata) has the capacity to screen approximately 5000 officer-candidates annually.
Answer: 7) A
China has broadened its block of online encyclopedia Wikipedia to include all language editions. According to a report by the Open Observatory of Network Interference (OONI) China has started blocking all language editions of Wikipedia last month. Previously, most editions of Wikipedia besides the Chinese language version were available. China’s online censorship apparatus ‘Great Firewall’ blocks a large number of foreign sites in the country, such as Google, Facebook and The New York Times.
Answer: 8) C
Nabventures, a subsidiary of NABARD has announced an Rs 700-crore venture capital fund for equity investments in agriculture and rural-focused startups.This is the first time that the rural development bank has launched a fund of its own.
Venture Capital Fund
Answer: 9) D
Reserve Bank of India has released a vision document ‘Payment and Settlement Systems in India: Vision 2019 – 2021’, with its core theme of ‘Empowering Exceptional E-payment Experience’ for ensuring a safe, secure, convenient, quick and affordable e-payment system. The move comes as the apex bank expects the number of digital transactions to increase more than four times to 8,707 crores in December 2021. It envisages achieving “a highly digital and cash-lite society” through the goal posts of competition, cost-effectiveness, convenience and confidence (4Cs).
Answer: 10) A
The Austrian MPs on May 15, 2019 approved a law aimed at banning the headscarf in primary schools.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.