1. Which country has successfully tested medium-range land-to-air missile (MRSAM) by the Navy?
A. Indian Navy
B. US Navy
C. Pakistani Navy
D. None of these
2. Consider the following statements?
1. United Nations General Assembly has declared 20 May as World Bee Day.
2. The day marks the birth anniversary of Anton Janša, who in the 18th century pioneered modern beekeeping techniques in his native Slovenia and praised the bees for their ability to work so hard while needing so little attention.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. The voting for the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held in how many constituencies?
4. Consider the following statements?
1. Kerala first Indian state to tap into masala bond market.
2. KIIFB plans to raise Rs 5,000 crore through masala bonds to fund large and critical infrastructure projects in Kerala.
3. Indian Rupee denominated overseas bonds are popularly known as masala bonds.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. UPI payments app BharatPe appointed which personality as its Brand Ambassador?
A. Aamir Khan
B. Salman Khan
C. Amitabh Bachchan
D. Akshay Kumar
6. Consider the following statements?
1. BSNL Partners With Google to Expand WiFi Footprint
2. This initiative will allow customers to use BSNL’s high-speed internet services on WiFi.
7. Niki Lauda, who died recently, got popularity in which game?
B. Formula One
C. Ping Pong
D. Lawn Tennis
8. Consider the following statements related to Rafael Nadal ?
1. Rafael Nadal clinches Italian Open 2019 title.
2. This is Nadal’s ninth Italian Open title and is the 81st title of Nadal’s career.
9. In which country Volodymyr Zelenskiy on May 20, 2019 took oath as country’s new President?
10. Which former Prime Minister’s death anniversary is observed on May 21?
A. Jawaharlal Nehru
B. Rajiv Gandhi
C. Lal Bahadur Shastri
D. Gulzarilal Nanda
Answer: 1) A
The Indian Navy achieved a significant milestone in enhancing its Anti-Air Warfare Capability with the maiden cooperative engagement firing of the Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM).The firing was undertaken on the Western Seaboard by Indian Naval Ships Kochi and Chennai. In test the missiles of both ships were controlled by one ship to intercept different aerial targets at extended ranges. The firing trial was carried out by the Indian Navy, DRDO and Israel Aerospace Industries. The MRSAM has been manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited.
Answer: 2) C
United Nations General Assembly has declared 20 May as World Bee Day. Every year on May 20, World Bee Day is celebrated in order to bring the attention of the global public towards the significance of preserving bees as well as other pollinators. The day marks the birth anniversary of Anton Janša, who in the 18th century pioneered modern beekeeping techniques in his native Slovenia and praised the bees for their ability to work so hard while needing so little attention. Bees play a crucial role as pollinators to provide food, food security and nutrition, sustainable agriculture, biodiversity, climate change mitigation and a healthy environment.
Answer: 3) A
The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 were conducted in 542 parliamentary constituencies across states and union territories. The election results will be declared on May 23, 2019.
Answer: 4) D
The Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board’s (KIIFB) celebrated its debut Masala Bond listing on the London Stock Exchange with a special market open ceremony. Kerala is the first Indian state to tap into the market for masala bonds. KIIFB, a state government agency, had raised Rs 2,150 crore through its debut masala bond issue. KIIFB plans to raise Rs 5,000 crore through masala bonds to fund large and critical infrastructure projects in Kerala. Indian Rupee denominated overseas bonds are popularly known as masala bonds.
Answer: 5) B
UPI payments app BharatPe appointed Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador. The campaign will be focused towards educating merchants and users about UPI payments.
Answer: 6) C
On the occasion of World Telecom Day, state-run telecom major BSNL has partnered with Google to increase access to its WiFi footprint in the country. With the launch of this service, people across the country will be able to enjoy BSNL’s free WiFi services. This initiative will allow customers to use BSNL’s high-speed internet services on WiFi. BSNL is also taking steps to increase the rural WiFi footprint, promoting the government’s ‘Digital India’ initiative.
Answer: 7) B
The former Formula One driver and three-time world champion Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70.Niki Lauda, who won titles in 1975, 1977 and 1984, was hugely admired, respected and liked within F1 community. He competed in 171 races and won 25.Post his racing career, he became an airline entrepreneur. Recently he was working as a non-executive chairman for the Formula 1 Mercedes team with British driver Lewis Hamilton.
Answer: 8) C
In Tennis, defending champion Rafael Nadal of Spain has clinched the Italian Open 2019 title after beating Novak Djokovic 6-0, 4-6, 6-1 in the final. This is Nadal’s ninth Italian Open title and is the 81st title of Nadal’s career. Nadal also broke a tie with Djokovic by claiming a record 34th ATP Masters 1000 crown. In Women’s single Czech’s Karolina Pliskova registered two straight-set victories against Britain’s Johanna Konta 6-3, 6-4 to claim the Italian Open title.
Answer: 9) A
Volodymyr Zelenskiy took oath as new President of Ukraine, announcing snap parliamentary elections at the same ceremony. Jelensky has no experience of politics before, but she won a huge victory in the presidential election last month.
Zelinskiy became Ukraine’s youngest post-Soviet President after he scored a landslide election victory against incumbent Petro Poroshenko.
Answer: 10) B
The 28th death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was observed across the nation on May 21, 2019. Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a suicide bombing at Sriperumbudur of Tamil Nadu on this day in 1991.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.