1. Consider the following statements related to International Day for Biological Diversity (IBD) 2019?
1. It was celebrated on May 22.
2. The theme of this day of 2019 was ‘Our Biodiversity, our Food and our Health’.
3. The day coincide with the entry into force of the Convention of Biological Diversity 1993.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
2. Indian Air Force successfully tested the air version of which missile on May 22, 2019 through Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft?
A. BrahMos missile
B. Dhanush missile
C. Nag missile
D. Trishul missile
3. Consider the following statements?
1. Snapdeal close to acquiring ShopClues.
2. The deal is likely to see ShopClues investors get one Snapdeal share if the merger goes through in this planned structure, and will likely give them a 10% stake in the combined entity.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
4. Who is the youngest BJP candidate to win in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
A. Nusrat Jahan
B. Tejaswi Surya
C. Praveen Nishad
D. Mukut Bihari
5. Consider the following statements?
1. Indra Nooyi receives an honorary degree from Yale University.
2. In 2006, Nooyi became the first woman to helm the global food and beverage giant PepsiCo.
6. Which seat of Uttar Pradesh was not won by the Bhartiya Janata Party in Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
7. Consider the following statements related to BrahMos Missile?
1. IAF successfully test fires aerial version of BrahMos.
2. BrahMos is a supersonic cruise missile developed by BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture between Russia’s Mashinostroyenia and India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation.
3. It has been named after two rivers Brahmaputra and Moskva (river in western Russia).
8. Which of the following has won by defeating Rahul Gandhi from Amethi Lok Sabha seat?
A. Sadhvi Pragya Thakur
B. Smriti Irani
C. Manoj Kumar Soni
D. Sushma Swaraj
9. Who will be sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30?
A. Jagan Mohan Reddy
B. Chandrababu Naidu
C. MK Stalin
D. K Chandrashekhar Rao
10. Consider the following statements related to International Commonwealth Day?
1. On 24th May 2019, people in Commonwealth countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Americas, the Pacific and Europe observe Commonwealth Day.
2. The 53 members of the Commonwealth span the entire globe.
3. Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, and Australia are the oldest-standing members of the Commonwealth; they all joined in 1931.
Answer: 1) D
The International Day for Biological Diversity (IBD) 2019 is being celebrated all over the country on May 22, 2019. The theme of the IBD 2019 is “ Our Biodiversity, Our Food, Our Health”. The theme aims to leverage knowledge and spread awareness of the dependency of our food systems, nutrition, and health on biodiversity and healthy ecosystems. When first created by the Second Committee of the UN General Assembly in late 1993, 29 December (the date of entry into force of the Convention of Biological Diversity), was designated The International Day for Biological Diversity. In December 2000, the UN General Assembly adopted 22 May as IDB, to commemorate the adoption of the text of the Convention on 22 May 1992 by the Nairobi Final Act of the Conference for the Adoption of the Agreed Text of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Answer: 2) A
Indian Air Force successfully fired the BrahMos air version missile from its frontline Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft. The BrahMos is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarine, ships, aircraft, or land. It is the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world. It is a joint venture between Russia and India.
Answer: 3) C
Online marketplace Snapdeal is close to buying its nearest rival ShopClues in an all-stock deal. The deal is likely to see ShopClues investors get one Snapdeal share if the merger goes through in this planned structure, and will likely give them a 10% stake in the combined entity. If the deal materializes, it will herald a big consolidation move in the long-tail e-commerce market, which has largely catered to small-town customers, away from the core audience of established e-commerce companies Amazon and Flipkart.
Answer: 4) B
Tejaswi Surya is the youngest candidate of the BJP to win in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 from the Bangaluru south. Surya defeated B.K.Hariprasad of Congress.
Answer: 5) C
Former PepsiCo chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi was presented with an honorary degree by the prestigious Yale University. She recieved the award in recognition of her achievements in business and for being a global role model who encouraged women and girls to see themselves as top corporate executives. In 2006, Nooyi became the first woman to helm the global food and beverage giant PepsiCo. She stepped down in October 2 last year as PepsiCo’s CEO.
Answer: 6) A
Samajwadi Party candidate Azam Khan won in Rampur constituency of Uttar Pradesh against Bollywood actress and BJP candidate Jaya Prada. The BJP won a total of 62 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
Answer: 7) D
The Indian Air Force had recently successfully test fired the aerial version of the supersonic BrahMos cruise missile from a Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft.
Answer: 8) B
Union Minister and BJP candidate Smriti Irani has defeated Congress President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi parliamentary seat. Smriti Irani defeated Rahul Gandhi with 55120 votes.
Answer: 9) A
YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy will be sworn in as the new chief minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30, 2019 at Vijayawada. The YSR Congress trumped over Naidu’s TDP by winning 151 out of the total 175 seats. The TDP has been reduced to just 23 seats in these assembly elections.
Answer: 10) D
On 24th May 2019, people in Commonwealth countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Americas, the Pacific and Europe observe Commonwealth Day. The 53 members of the Commonwealth span the entire globe. It is observed in countries that were once part of the British Empire. The Theme of this year’s Commonwealth Day is “A Connected Commonwealth”. Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, and Australia are the oldest-standing members of the Commonwealth; they all joined in 1931.Canada is the largest member at nearly 10 million sq.km. India is the most populous member with over one billion inhabitants while Nauru is the smallest member, with a mere 13,000 people.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.