1. The BJP has won how many seats in West Bengal Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
2. Consider the following statements?
1. HDFC group overtakes Tata group as India’s most valuable.
2. The combined m-cap of 29 Tata group companies stood at Rs 11.64 lakh crore, about Rs 2,000 crore less than that of the HDFC group.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Who has been re-elected as the President of South Africa?
A. Cyril Ramaphosa
B. Jacob Zuma
C. Kgalema Motlanthe
D. Thabo Mbeki
4. Consider the following statements?
1. ADB to provide $750 mn loans to India for railway track electrification project.
2. It is the largest single non-sovereign loan ever committed by ADB to Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) to fund the railways track electrification project.
5. The Indian cricket team would be playing its first match at the ICC World Cup 2019 against which nation?
A. New Zealand
B. South Africa
6. Consider the following statements?
1. WHO declares Algeria, Argentina malaria-free.
2. Contracted through the bite of an infected mosquito, malaria remains one of the world’s leading killers.
3. Algeria is the second country in the WHO African Region to be officially recognized as malaria-free, after Mauritius, which was certified in 1973.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
7. What is the name of Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh who resigned from the post of CM on May 23, 2019?
A. S. Rajasekhara Reddy
B. Chandrababu Naidu
C. NT Rama Rao
D. Kiran Kumar Reddy
8. Consider the following statements related to Lok Sabha Elections?
1. BJP led NDA set to form new govt at Centre.
2. Elections were held in 542 constituencies.
3. Two-time BJP MP C R Patil came close to surpassing the all-time victory margin in Lok Sabha polls as he won the Navsari seat in Gujarat by garnering 6.89 lakh more votes than his rival – the highest margin in 2019 polls.
9. How many women MP have been elected for the 17th Lok Sabha (2019)?
10. Consider the following statements related to ISSF World Cup?
1. ISSF World Cup begins in Germany.
2. A total of 919 athletes from 98 countries will be competing for the 17 Tokyo Olympics quota places available, besides a coveted ISSF World Cup medal.
Answer: 1) C
The BJP has won a whopping 18 seats in West Bengal in Lok Sabha Elections 2019, while the TMC has won 22 seats, down from its previous 34 in Lok Sabha Elections 2014.
Answer: 2) C
The HDFC group has overtaken the 151-year-old Tata group to emerge as India’s most valuable by way of market capitalization (m-cap).According to a report the combined market value of the five listed companies of the HDFC group – HDFC, HDFC Bank, HDFC Life, HDFC Asset Management and Gruh Finance – stood at Rs 11.66 lakh crore as on May 20, 2019.The combined m-cap of 29 Tata group companies stood at Rs 11.64 lakh crore, about Rs 2,000 crore less than that of the HDFC group.
Answer: 3) A
South African lawmakers have re-elected Cyril Ramaphosa as the president of the country. Members of Parliament from the African National Congress have chosen the head of state in the parliament’s first post-election sitting. The party won 230 out of 400 seats in the election on May 8.The African National Congress party won the ballot with 57.5 per cent of the vote, its thinnest majority since the end of apartheid.
Answer: 4) C
Multilateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed an agreement to provide $750 million long-term financing to electrify railway tracks in India. It is the largest single non-sovereign loan ever committed by ADB to Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) to fund the railways track electrification project. As part of a broad modernisation programme that will help India’s railway sector transition to electric power and away from dependence on fossil fuels
Answer: 5) B
India’s opening match at the ICC World Cup 2019 would be against South Africa on June 5, 2019. The Indian Team has won the cricket world cup twice, first in 1983 against the West Indies and the second time in 2011 against Sri Lanka on home ground.
Answer: 6) D
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared Algeria and Argentina as malaria-free, with no recorded cases of indigenous transmission of the disease since 2013 and 2010 respectively. Contracted through the bite of an infected mosquito, malaria remains one of the world’s leading killers. Algeria is the second country in the WHO African Region to be officially recognized as malaria-free, after Mauritius, which was certified in 1973. Argentina is the second country in the WHO Region of the Americas to be certified after Paraguay in June 2018.
Answer: 7) B
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu resigned as the Chief Minister on May 23, 2019 Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has submitted his resignation to the governor.
Answer: 8) D
The BJP has surpassed its previous record of 282 Lok Sabha seats in 2014, winning 303 constituencies and leading in one in the 543 member house. Elections were held in 542 constituencies. All the results have come in except Arunachal West. The Congress failed to make a mark and the party could hardly improve its tally of 44 in the previous Lok Sabha and secured 52 seats in 2019 elections. The DMK gets third positions winning 23 seats followed by Trinamool Congress and YSR Congress 22 each. Two-time BJP MP C R Patil came close to surpassing the all-time victory margin in Lok Sabha polls as he won the Navsari seat in Gujarat by garnering 6.89 lakh more votes than his rival – the highest margin in 2019 polls.
Answer: 9) A
The newly elected 17th Lok Sabha has 78 women Members of Parliament (MPs), the highest since independence. According to PRS legislative research, Parliament this time has 300 first-time MPs and 197 MPs who have been re-elected for a second consecutive term. Out of the 716 women candidates who contested elections, 78 have been elected, which is 14% of the house. This is higher than 2014 where there were 62 women MPs in the house.
Answer: 10) C
International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup will begin at Munich in Germany. Indian shooters Apurvi Chandela, Anjum Moudgil and Elavenil Valarivan will be vying for top honours at the event. The opening day of the competition will see women’s 10 metres Air Rifle final. A total of 919 athletes from 98 countries will be competing for the 17 Tokyo Olympics quota places available, besides a coveted ISSF World Cup medal. India already has five quota places in Rifle and Pistol competitions and it can pick up a maximum of 12 further quota places from Munich.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.