1. What is the current Repo Rate as per the Second Bi-monthly policy statement 2019-20?
A. 5.50 percent
B. 5.75 percent
C. 6.0 percent
D. 6.25 percent
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. NGT stays AP govt’s Godavari-Penna interlinking projects.
2. The project will interlink the two major rivers, Godavari and Penna to solve drinking water and irrigation problems in south coastal Andhra.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. The Reserve Bank of India has done away with the charges levied on fund transfers through which of the following?
C. Both (a) & (b)
D. None of the above
4. Consider the following statements ?
1. piyush goyal leads indian delegation to g20 ministerial meeting in japan.
2. Goyal will discuss developments in the global trade situation, WTO matters, and digital trade .
5. Dzukou Valley became a plastic free zone on the occasion of World Environment Day 2019. The valley is a part of which Indian state?
C. Jammu and Kashmir
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. India gets its first Dinosaur Museum.
2. It was the country’s first such museum and the world’s third park.
3. Raiyoli is known to be the third largest dinosaur fossil site in the world, and also the second largest dinosaur hatchery in the world, where thousands of eggs had been found.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
7. The ICC has requested which Indian cricketer to remove army insignia from uniform?
A. Virat Kohli
B. MS Dhoni
C. Rohit Sharma
D. KL Rahul
8. Consider the following statements related to Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS)?
1. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has instituted its first Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman.
2. The award will be conferred to Media Houses engaged in Print Media, Electronic and (Television & Radio).
3. International Yoga day is celebrated on 21st June every year.
9. Where will be the ‘Unknown masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art’ held?
A. New Delhi
10. The Agreement for Exchange of Information was notified between India and which country?
A. Marshall Islands
Answer: 1) B
In its Second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20, the six members Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), led by Governor Shaktikanta Das, decided to reduce the policy Repo Rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) to 5.75 percent from 6 percent. This was third rate cut in a row by the central bank.
Answer: 2) C
The National Green Tribunal has stayed the Andhra Pradesh government’s Godavari-Penna interlinking projects due to lack of environmental clearance.
About The Project
Answer: 3) C
The Reserve Bank of India has done away with the charges levied on fund transfers through RTGS and NEFT. The central bank has also asked the banks to pass on the benefits to customers, a move that will boost digital transactions.
Answer: 4) C
Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal is leading the Indian delegation for the two-day G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy beginning at Tsukuba city in Japan.Mr. Goyal will discuss developments in the global trade situation, WTO matters, and digital trade . He will also hold dialogue with other participating Trade Ministers on current international trade and investments.The G-20 Trade Ministers deliberations will form part of the G-20 Summit Leaders agenda in the formal discussions and will also be a part of the Summit Declaration.
Answer: 5) A
Nagaland’s Dzukou Valley became a plastic free zone on the occasion of World Environment Day 2019. The world environment day was observed on June 6, 2019. Dzükou valley is a tourist hot spot and one of the most sought destinations in the state.
Answer: 6) D
India’s first Dinosaur Museum cum Park inaugurated at Raiyoli near Balasinor in Gujarat’s Mahisagar district. The museum will exhibit remains of various dinosaurs and fossil records. It was the country’s first such museum and the world’s third park. Raiyoli is known to be the third largest dinosaur fossil site in the world, and also the second largest dinosaur hatchery in the world, where thousands of eggs had been found. This dinosaur museum was equipped with modern technology like 3D projection, virtual reality presentations, interactive kiosks and life-size dinosaur replicas.
Answer: 7) B
MS Dhoni has been seen wearing a different pair of wicketkeeping gloves in India’s match against Australia at the Oval after the ICC denied him permission to wear his regular gloves that had the ‘Balidaan’ army insignia on them.
What is the Balidaan badge?
Answer: 8) D
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has instituted its first Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman. The aim of the award is to acknowledge the positive role & responsibility of media in disseminating the outreach of Yoga in India and abroad. The award will be conferred to Media Houses engaged in Print Media, Electronic and (Television & Radio).International Yoga day is celebrated on 21st June every year. Yoga is one of the six orthodox schools of Hindu philosophical traditions.
The award would be given under the following categories:
Answer: 9) A
Culture Minister Prahalad Singh Patel will inaugurate the exhibition titled Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art at National Museum in New Delhi. The Exhibition is being jointly organised by the National Museum and Home of Folk Art, Gurugram in which more than 240 artefacts will be on display. The aim of the exhibition is to highlight the Folk art tradition of Himachal Pradesh. It will remain open for public till 31st July.
Answer: 10) A
The Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Republic of the Marshall Islands for the Exchange of Information with respect to taxes (India – Marshall Islands TIEA) was signed on 18thMarch, 2016 at Majuro, the Republic of the Marshall Islands. The India-Marshall Islands TIEA has been notified in the Gazette of India (Extraordinary) on 21st May, 2019.
The Agreement enables exchange of information, including banking and ownership information, between the two countries for tax purposes. It is based on international standards of tax transparency and exchange of information and enables sharing of information on request. The Agreement also provides for representatives of one country to undertake tax examinations in the other country. The Agreement will enhance mutual co-operation between India and Marshall Islands by providing an effective framework for exchange of information in tax matters which will help curb tax evasion and tax avoidance.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.