1. Consider the following statements related to selfiewithsapling campaign?
1. Union Environment Minister launched a people’s campaign #SelfiewithSapling .
2. urging all to join and plant a sapling and post the selfie with the sapling on social media.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
2. The Central Government, who has appointed the National Security Adviser (NSA)?
A. Subeddan Saraswati
B. Ajit Doval
C. Ajmal shah
D. Tarun Basla
3. Consider the following statements related to Oussudu Lake?
1. The Ousteri Lake also referred to as Oussudu Lake is a man-made lake situated about 10 km from Puducherry.
2. Vulnerability assessment study conducted in Oussudu Lake, Puducherry had shown concern over rising plastic pollution in water bodies.
3. Tamil Nadu government also announced it as a ‘birds’ sanctuary, in 2015.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
4. A case of Nipah Virus resurfaced in which Indian state recently?
A. West Bengal
5. Consider the following statements
1. Army commissions air quality monitor at Fort William.
2. Lt Gen M M Naravane, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Command, commissioned the system, which monitors air pollution on a real-time basis.
3. Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
6. Which state’s cabinet has passed a resolution to increase reservation for OBCs to 27 percent?
A. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
7. Consider the following statements
1. RBI approves the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as Chairman of Axis Bank.
2. He will serve as the chairman of the bank, for a period of 3 years, with effect from July 18, 2019, up to July 17, 2022.
8. When is World Environment Day observed?
A. June 3rd
B. June 8th
C. June 5th
D. June 6st
9. Consider the following statements related to Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quads)?
1. Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quads) meets in Bangkok.
2. The dialogue was initiated in 2007 by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan, with the support of Vice President Dick Cheney of the US, Prime Minister John Howard of Australia and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India.
C. The dialogue was paralleled by joint military exercises of an unprecedented scale, titled Exercise Malabar.
10. Which among the following political alliances have called off their ties temporarily?
A. BSP- SP
C. BJP-Shiv Sena
Answer: 1) C
Union Environment Minister launched a people’s campaign #SelfiewithSapling urging all to join and plant a sapling and post the selfie with the sapling on social media. The theme of World Environment Day 2019 is “Air Pollution”
World Environment Day 2019 urges governments, industries, communities and individuals to come together to explore renewable energy, green technologies and improve air quality in cities and regions across the world.
India Steps toward to curb air Pollution
Answer: 2) B
National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval has been appointed by the Central Government again as the National Advisor.
Facts related to Ajit Doval
Answer: 3) D
Vulnerability assessment study conducted in Oussudu Lake, Puducherry had shown concern over rising plastic pollution in water bodies. The report had highlighted that the canals have become dumping grounds for used plastic bags, thermocols, cups, plates, pipes and bottles.
About Ousteri Lake
Answer: 4) C
In Kerala, a fresh case of Nipah virus has been reported from Ernakulam district where a 23-year-old student was hospitalized. As per the Kerala government, it has assured that adequate precautions are being taken to contain the Nipah virus this time and the general public need not panic. Besides the 23-year-old student, health officials in Kerala have identified 86 people who interacted with the student. They are being observed for possible Nipah virus infection.
What is Nipah Virus?
Answer: 5) C
As part of it’s countrywide ‘Go Green’ initiative, the Indian Army commissioned a “Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring System (CAAQMS)” at Fort William Military Station, Kolkata. Lt Gen M M Naravane, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Command, commissioned the system, which monitors air pollution on a real-time basis. The CAAQMS at the Eastern Command headquarters will measure air pollution, including particulate matter throughout the year. In addition, it also displays wind speed, direction, ambient temperature, relative humidity, solar radiation, barometric pressure and rain gauge.
Answer: 6) A
Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has passed a resolution to increase reservation quota for Other Backward Classes (OBC) from existing 14 per cent to 27 per cent. The matter will now be taken up in the monsoon session of the state Assembly. The move will lead to the reservation in the state breaching the Supreme Court-mandated 50 per cent cap to reach 63 per cent. If implemented, Madhya Pradesh will become the only state in the country to have a 27 per cent quota for OBCs.]
Answer: 7) C
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman of the Axis Bank. The board of the bank in March had approved the appointment of Makhija as chairman subject to RBI clearance. He will serve as the chairman of the bank, for a period of 3 years, with effect from July 18, 2019, up to July 17, 2022.He has held a number of top management positions within the SKF Group.
Answer: 8) C
World Environment Day is observed every year on the 5th of June. The day is celebrated every year to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth. This year the theme of Environment Day is ‘Air Pollution’. Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on the eve of world environment day launched a people’s campaign #SelfiewithSapling urging all to join and plant a sapling and post the selfie with the sapling on social media
Answer: 9) D
The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue which is also known as Quad, is an informal strategic grouping consisting of India, US, Australia and Japan recently met in Bangkok in Thailand.
Quadrilateral Security Dialogue
Answer: 10) A
BSP Chief Mayawati held a press conference, calling off her party’s alliance with Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Party (SP).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.