1. Who among the followings has been awarded the Global Leadership Award 2019 by the USIBC?
A. Satya Nadela
B. Sundar Pichai
C. Indira Nooyi
D. Mukesh Ambani
2. Consider the following statements?
1. The 2nd Global Disability Summit is being held at Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2. The summit was attended by global leaders from more than 40 countries (including India), who committed to work in direction of economic empowerment of persons with disabilities.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Who among the following has been appointed as Chairman of Axis Bank?
A. Rakesh Makhija
B. Amitabh Chaudhary
C. Sanjay Nair
D. Rajiv Anand
4. Consider the following statements related to Digital Sakhi?
1. L&T Financial Services launches ‘Digital Sakhi’ in Tamil Nadu
2. It is an educational programme aimed at digital financial inclusion of rural women.
3. he company has also identified 500 women from trades such as dairy, poultry and goat-rearing, to impart enterprise development training and upskilling.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. Who was Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra, who recently died at the age of 71?
C. Agricultural scientist
6. Consider the following statements related to J C Daniel Award ?
1. Actress Sheela wins prestigious J C Daniel Award.
2. It is the Kerala government’s highest honour for outstanding contribution to Malayalam cinema.
3. The award comprises Rs 5 lakh, a citation and a plaque.
7. Which group announced the launch of electric vehicles.
A. Sahara Group
B. Toyota Group
C. Suzuki Group
D. Mahindra Group
8. Consider the following statements?
1. Sunil Chhetri becomes most capped India player
2. He took the field in India’s opening King’s Cup tie against Curacao at the Chang Arena in Buriram, Thailand.
9. When is Maharana Pratap Jayanti observed?
A. June 5nd
B. June 6rd
C. June 7th
D. June 8th
10. Who among the following is elected as Chairman of the 74th Session of the United Nations?
A. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
B. Peter Thomson
C. Nassir Al-Nasser
D. María Fernanda Espinosa
Answer: 1) B
Google’s India-born CEO Sundar Pichai and Nasdaq president Adena Friedman have been chosen for the prestigious Global Leadership Awards 2019.The award is given by business advocacy group USIBC in recognition of the two companies’ contribution as the leading technology-driven platforms. The award by Washington-based US-India Business Council (USIBC) would be conferred upon Indian-American Pichai, and Friedman, during the next week’s ‘India Ideas Summit’. Given annually since 2007, the USIBC Global Leadership Awards recognise top corporate executives from the United States and India whose companies play a major role in catalysing growth in the US-India commercial corridor.
Answer: 2) C
The 2nd Global Disability Summit is being held at Buenos Aires, Argentina from 6 June to 8 June 2019.
The first-ever Global Disability Summit was held at London, United Kingdom (UK) on 24 July 2018. It was hosted by UK Department for International Development (UK DFID), along with the co-hosts International Disability Alliance (IDA) and Government of Kenya. The summit was attended by global leaders from more than 40 countries (including India), who committed to work in direction of economic empowerment of persons with disabilities.
Answer: 3) A
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Rakesh Makhija as chairman of the Axis Bank. The board of the bank in March had approved the appointment of Makhija as chairman subject to RBI clearance. He will serve as the chairman of the bank, for a period of 3 years, with effect from July 18, 2019, up to July 17, 2022.He has held a number of top management positions within the SKF Group.
Axis Bank is the third-largest of the private-sector banks in India offering a comprehensive suite of financial products. The bank has its head office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 4050 branches, 11,801 ATMs and 4,917 cash recyclers spread across the country as on 31 March 2019 and nine international offices.
Answer: 4) D
L&T Financial Services’ (LTFS) ‘Digital Sakhi’ was launched in 20 villages of Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu. It is an educational programme aimed at digital financial inclusion of rural women. LTFS in association with Sri Aurobindo Society will train and develop a team of 100 rural women (Digital Sakhis) as digital enablers, who in turn, will train about 40,000 others in using digital modes of payments. The company has also identified 500 women from trades such as dairy, poultry and goat-rearing, to impart enterprise development training and upskilling.
Answer: 5) B
Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra (71), the celebrated chef and culinary revivalist , has passed away on June 4 in New Delhi. He earned epithets like ‘Czar of Indian Cuisine’ and ‘Taste Maker to the Nation’, and was popularly known as Jiggs Kalra. Kalra was the first Asian to be inducted in the International Food and Beverage Gourmet Hall of Fame.
Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra
Answer: 6) D
Veteran actress Sheela was chosen for the prestigious J C Daniel Award. It is the Kerala government’s highest honour for outstanding contribution to Malayalam cinema. The annual honour is named after J C Daniel, who made the first silent movie in Mollywood. The award comprises Rs 5 lakh, a citation and a plaque. Iconic director Adoor Gopalakrishnan and veteran lyricist Sreekumaran Thampi were the recipients of the honour in the previous years.
Answer: 7) A
Sahara Group recently announced its entry into the automobile sector with plans of launching electric vehicles under the brand name ‘Sahara Evols’. The Sahara business group plans to offer a wide range of electric vehicles (EVs) along with advanced allied services. The entry into electric vehicle business is a move to push adoption in Tier II and III cities.
Answer: 8) C
Talismanic striker and captain Sunil Chhetri with 108 matches have played the most number of international football matches for Indian national football team. He took the field in India’s opening King’s Cup tie against Curacao at the Chang Arena in Buriram, Thailand. Earlier, he was tied with legendary footballer Bhaichung Bhutia with 107 matches each. The Secunderabad-born is also the highest goal scorer for the ‘Blue Tigers’ with a total of 68 strikes to his name. He recently led India to the 2019 AFC Asian Cup, but unfortunately, India failed to get past the group stage.
Answer: 9) B
Maharana Pratap Jayanti is observed every year on 6 June to celebrate birth anniversary of brave Rajput warrior. The year 2019 marks 479th birth anniversary of great warrior.
Answer: 10) A
Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United Nations (UN) was elected as President of 74th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.