1. Who has recently been honored with Women’s Prize for Fiction 2019?
A. Terry jones
B. Rohit Mishra
C. Rajendra Shukla
D. Syed Razzak
2. Consider the following statements ?
1. RBI removed charges for RTGS and NEFT transactions.
2. RTGS systems are specialist funds transfer systems where the transfer of money or securities takes place from one bank to any other bank on a “real time” and on a “gross” basis.
3. National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) has maintained by Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT).
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. Who has recently given the Ganga Quest 2019 Awards?
A. Rajiv Maheshwari
B. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
C. Mritunjay Mahapatra
D. Jee Satish Reddy
4. Consider the following statements ?
1. YES Bank conducts e-auction for forest produce.
2. It is a joint effort of Yes Bank with its fintech partner, Sparsh Technologies.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
5. who among the following has been appointed the election officer of the bcci?
A. Rai Bahadur Singh
B. Umakant Joshi
C. Sita Ram Joshi
D. N Gopal Swamy
6. Consider the following statements ?
1. e-Money share in India’s payment systems reaches 21.5%
2. India was next to Japan and the US in 2017 with respect to e-Money transactions of Rs 3,459 million.
3. India has 26 percent of online transactions using e-Money, next only to China.
7. Where is the 7ft tall statue of Lord Rama unveiled?
8. Consider the following statements ?
1. Romila Thapar elected to the member of American Philosophical Society.
2. She is Professor Emerita of history at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi.
9. Justice Prashant Kumar has been appointed as Acting Chief Justice of the High Court of which state?
A. West Bengal
10. Consider the following statements ?
1. UAE Cabinet adopts “National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031”.
2. One of the most important initiatives is the development of the first ‘National Wellbeing Observatory’ to support the policymaking process.
3. The strategy is based on a national framework of three main levels – individuals, society and the country.
Answer: 1) A
American novelist Tayari Jones won this year’s Women’s Prize for Fiction for her fourth novel “An American Marriage“. It is one of the biggest international celebrations of women’s creativity. The prize was established to recognise the literary achievement of female writers.
Answer: 2) D
RBI has removed the charges levied on RTGS and NEFT transactions to boost digital payments.At present, transactions done through RTGS system levy a minimum charge for large-value (Rs 2 lakh and above) instantaneous fund transfers and NEFT System for other fund transfers (below Rs 2 lakh).
Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
Answer: 3) B
In an event organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) to celebrate World Environment Day 2019, Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, presented the awards to the winners of Ganga Quest 2019.a month-long online quiz organized for awareness and knowledge dissemination about river Ganga in the presence of Shri U.P. Singh, Secretary, and Shri Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Director General, NMCG along with other senior officials of the ministry.
Answer: 4) C
Yes Bank has conducted the first e-auction of forest produce in Dhanora Mahasangh in Maharashtra under its Tech for Change initiative where the bank work with the government and corporate to create technology-based solutions which have a social impact. It is a joint effort of Yes Bank with its fintech partner, Sparsh Technologies.The expected throughput is about Rs 40 crore per annum. Taluka Gramsabha Mahasangh Dhanora is a federation formed by 32 villages and 80 gram panchayats have come together as part of this initiative.
Answer: 5) D
Former Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami has been appointed as an electoral officer for the BCCI’s Annual General Meeting.The Committee of Administrators (CoA) had last month announced that the long-awaited elections of the BCCI will be held on 22nd October.The CoA was appointed by the Supreme Court in January 2017 to oversee the sweeping reforms recommended by the Lodha panel.
Answer: 6) D
According to a new report “Benchmarking India’s Payment Systems”, released by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) stated that the share of e-Money in India’s payment systems raise to 21.5 percent in 2017 from 0.8 percent in 2012.India was next to Japan and the US in 2017 with respect to e-Money transactions of Rs 3,459 million. The report noted that demonetization plays an important role to provide a better position of the payment system in India compared to other countries.India has 26 percent of online transactions using e-Money, next only to China. ATM deployment between 2012-2017 grew at a compound annual growth rate of 14 percent. At the end of 2017, India had 2,22,300 ATMs which dropped to 2,21,703 as on March 31, 2019.Debit and credit card payments made up 29.9 percent of India’s payment systems volume in the year 2017.
Answer: 7) A
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath unveiled a seven-feet tall statue of Lord Rama at the ‘Shodh Sansthan’ museum in Ayodhya. This statue is fashioned out of a single rosewood block and is from Karnataka. The statue depicts Kodamb Ram, which depicts phase of Rama’s life.
Answer: 8) C
The oldest learned society in the United States, American Philosophical Society (APS) has elected Eminent historian and writer Romila Thapar as an international member at its Annual Spring Meeting. Her APS citation regarded her as the “greatest living historian of India”. She was among the 1,013 members elected to the society. She is Professor Emerita of history at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi. She is famous for her careful scholarship on the emperor Asoka, the epigraphy of the Mauryan period, and the multiple historiographies surrounding the contested Hindu and Muslim history of Somnath.
Answer: 9) B
Justice Prashant Kumar was appointed as the acting chief justice of the Jharkhand High Court as the incumbent Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel has been appointed as the chief justice of the Delhi High Court. Justice Patel took charge in the Delhi HC on June 7.Patel was appointed as the acting chief justice of the Jharkhand HC last month following the elevation of the chief justice Aniruddha Bose to the Supreme Court. Justice Prashant Kumar (born: 1 July 1958) is an Indian judge.
Answer: 10) D
The UAE Cabinet adopted the ‘National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031’ during its meeting at the Presidential Palace in Abu Dhabi. One of the most important initiatives is the development of the first ‘National Wellbeing Observatory’ to support the policymaking process. The strategy is based on a national framework of three main levels – individuals, society and the country. It includes 14 components and nine strategic objectives, which include enhancing people’s wellbeing by promoting healthy and active lifestyles, promoting good mental health and adopting positive thinking.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.