1. Under which scheme, Department of School Education and Literacy provides Self defence training for girls in schools?
A. Samagra Shiksha
C. Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat
D. Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
2. Consider the following statements?
1. Govt to provide broadband connectivity under BharatNet project to all gram panchayats.
2. Under BharatNet project, the last mile connectivity is to be provided at all the 2.5 lakh gram panchayats in the country.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Who has been recently appointed IB director?
A. Rajiv Jain
B. Devendra Pathak
C. Vipin Kumar
D. Arvind Kumar
4. Consider the following statements?
1. MoA signed to set up Centre for Inland & Coastal Maritime Technology at IIT Kharagpur
2. According to Shipping Minister Mr. Mandaviya, the MoA will further the dream of Make in India and reduce the recurring cost incurred in the import of technology.
3. The Centre will focus on indigenisation of ship designing, building and testing.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. Who is the 63st Grand Master of India?
A. M.S. Thej Kumar
B. G.A. Stani
C. Girish Kaushik
D. Hemant Singh
6. Consider the following statements?
1. 32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) begins in Hyderabad.
2. Over 600 delegates including seed experts, officials, policy makers and representatives of national and international companies from nearly 70 countries like the UK, South Africa, Argentina, New Zealand, Canada, Austria are taking part in the Congress.
7. Who won the 10th Halle Open 2019 title in Halle, Germany ?
A. Alexander Zverev
B. Roger Federer
C. David Goffin
D. Matteo Berrettini
8. Consider the following statements related to Mohan Ranade ?
1. Veteran freedom fighter Mohan Ranade dies at 90.
2. He participated in the Goa Liberation Movement.
3. He was was awarded the Padma Shri in 2001.
9. Which country gifted Imphal Peace Museum to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal ?
10. When was Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day?
A. June 14th
B. June 21th
C. June 22th
D. June 27th
Answer: 1) A
Integrated Scheme for School Education ‘Samagra Shiksha’ was launched by the Department of School Education and Literacy which comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, effective from the academic year 2018-19. The activity of Self Defence training for girls comes under Samagra Shiksha.This scheme was launched to ensure the safety and security of girls keeping in mind the rising number of crimes against girls and women.Training will be given to girls of class VI to XII of Government Schools.It will also be given in Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) which are residential schools and to those girls belonging to disadvantaged groups.
About Ministry of Human Resource Development:
Answer: 2) C
According to Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Union Government plans to provide broadband connectivity under ‘BharatNet Project’ to all gram panchayats in the country.One lakh 28 thousand 870 Gram panchayats have been connected with optical fibre till date.Under BharatNet project, the last mile connectivity is to be provided at all the 2.5 lakh gram panchayats in the country.As of now, The Minister informed that Wi-Fi spots have been installed in 44,140 Gram panchayats. Phase I of the project was completed in December 2017, and one lakh gram panchayats were made service ready. Phase II is under implementation, and a total of 2 lakh gram panchayats are targeted to be completed by March 2020.
Answer: 3) D
The government has appointed senior IPS officer Arvind Kumar as the director of the Intelligence Bureau.He is considered as an expert hand on matters related to Kashmir.
The Intelligence Bureau
Answer: 4) D
Ministry of Shipping and IIT Kharagpur has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) for setting up the Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technology.
According to Shipping Minister Mr. Mandaviya, the MoA will further the dream of Make in India and reduce the recurring cost incurred in the import of technology.
The Centre will focus on indigenisation of ship designing, building and testing.
Currently, only Germany, the Netherlands, Russia and Belgium have model testing facilities for ships.
Ministry of Shipping
Answer: 5) C
Karnataka’s Girish A. Koushik has become India’s 63rd Grandmaster at the 37th Balaton International Chess Festival in Hungary.He is the only Indian chess player to have won gold medals at the Asian U-8, U-10, U-12, U-14 and U-16 age-group categories.Girish had completed his second GM norm in Mallorca late in May, and the third in Budapest the following week.World popular Chess player Mr. Viswanathan Anand was the first Grandmaster in India.
Answer: 6) C
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Kailash Choudhary formally inaugurated the 32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) in Hyderabad.Over 600 delegates including seed experts, officials, policy makers and representatives of national and international companies from nearly 70 countries like the UK, South Africa, Argentina, New Zealand, Canada, Austria are taking part in the Congress.
Several pre and post-event workshops, conferences and exhibitions are also being held as part of the 8-day long Congress.The deliberations will be mainly focusing on various technologies for increasing quality seed production and seed export-import policies. The Seed Congress is being held for the first time in South Asia.
Answer: 7) B
The 20-time Grand Slam champion, Roger Federer (37) of Switzerland defeated David Goffin (Belgium) to win the 27th edition of the Halle Open 2019 at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle, Germany from 17 – 23 June 2019.Federer beat Goffin with7-6 (2) 6-1 scores to win the Halle Open title for the 10th time and secured his 102nd career singles title.Halle Open 2019 is a part of the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Tour 500 series of the 2019 ATP Tour.
Answer: 8) D
Veteran freedom fighter Mohan Ranade passed away in Pune, Maharashtra at the age of 90. He participated in the Goa Liberation Movement. He was born in 1929 at Sangli in Maharashtra. In 1995, he was arrested by Portuguese Police and spent 14 years in prison in Lisbon. After the liberation of Goa in 1961, he was released in 1969. He was inspired by leaders like Ganesh Damodar Savarkar and Vinay Damodar Savarkar. He was a lawyer by profession, was awarded the Padma Shri in 2001.
Answer: 9) D
japan gifted Manipur, one of India’s north eastern state a Museum of Peace built on the memories of Battle of Imphal, one of the fiercest battles of 2nd World War (WWII). The inauguration of Imphal Peace Museum marked 75th anniversary of Battle of Imphal.
The UN Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSME) Day is observed every year on 27th June to recognize the importance of MSME in achieving sustainable development goals and in promoting innovation, creativity and sustainable work for all. The Government of India (GoI) has also organized a National Conclave (Udyam Sangam) to encourage dialogue and partnership among various stakeholders of the MSME ecosystem.International Trade Center, United Nations (UN) will launch its flagship report: “The SME Competitiveness Outlook 2019: Big money for small businesses”.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.