1. Which country has decided to levy green tax on air tickets from 2020?
2. Consider the following statements:
1. Film Divisions to launch documentary film club in Mumbai.
2. The initiative, being launched in association with Indian Documentary Producer’s Association.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Who has become the fifth country to end measles in South East Asia?
A. Sri Lanka
4. Consider the following statements:
1. UP Govt sets target of $1 trillion economy in next three years.
2. It was announced by the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath after Prime Minister Narendra Modi set an ambitious target of $5 trillion economy for the country to be achieved in the next 8 years.
5. Who has been appointed as Head of DGCA?
A. Hridayesh kumar
B. Sachin Mittal
C. Manohar Parrikar
D. Arun Kumar
6. Consider the following statements :
1. BCC signs MoU with BRICS chamber to promote trade.
2. It was signed by BCC president Sitaram Sharma and BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Director General B B L Madhukar.
3. BRICS CCI is a parent organization founded in 2012 promotes commerce and industry in BRICS countries.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
7. Where will India’s first elephant rehabilitation center be opened?
A. Madhya Pradesh
8. Consider the following statements :
1. Samsung joins hands with Paisabazaar.com to offer financial products.
2. The loan approval feature in Paisabazaar will be extremely fast and seamless for the benefit of customers.
9. Which railway zone has won the “ Best innovation award” of Indian Railways 2018-19 for its strategy ‘Plan Bee’, which uses an amplified version of honey bees sound to keep wild elephants away from train tracks ?
A. Northeast Frontier Railway
B. East Coast Railway zone
C. South East Central Railway zone
D. North Eastern Railway zone
10. Which country has recently launched Soyuz Rocket with 33 satellites?
Answer: 1) B
France will impose green tax up to €18 on plane tickets from 2020. The move aims to fund less-polluting transportation projects.A similar tax was introduced in Sweden in April 2018, which imposed an added charge of up to €40 on every ticket in a bid to lessen the impact of air travel on the climate.
Answer: 2) C
India Film Divisions launched ‘KSHITIJ’, a documentary film club in Mumbai.An acclaimed documentary film “Secret Life of Frogs” by Ajay and Vijay Bedi will be screened as the inaugural film.The initiative, being launched in association with Indian Documentary Producer’s Association.It will give movie lovers, an opportunity to watch acclaimed documentary films and also to interact with the film’s director.
Answer: 3) A
Sri Lanka has become fifth country in the World Health Organisation (WHO) Southeast Asia region to eliminate measles. The other countries in the region which have achieved this feat are Bhutan, Maldives, DPR Korea and Timor-Leste.WHO recommends immunisation for all children with two doses of measles vaccine, either alone, or in a measles-rubella (MR) or measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) combination.According to WHO, one-third of all measles-related deaths worldwide occur in India.In India, measles vaccination is given under the Universal Immunisation Programme at 9-12 months of age, with the second dose at the age of 16-24 months.
Answer: 4) A
The Uttar Pradesh State Government has set the state a target of becoming a $1-trillion economy in the next three years. It was announced by the Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath after Prime Minister Narendra Modi set an ambitious target of $5 trillion economy for the country to be achieved in the next 5 years. The agriculture sector of the state will be going to play a major role in achieving the target because of the schemes like soil health card, Pradhan Mantri Sinchayi Yojna, and Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna. The state Government also working to promote agricultural export & milk production in the state by using “Naasal sudhar” (genetic improvement in cattle).
Answer: 5) D
The Appointment Committee of the cabinet, Government of India(GoI) has approved Arun Kumar as new full-time Director General (DG) of aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary. He will succeed B S Bhullar (IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre). Prior to this, Kumar was serving as Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Civil Aviation. Kumar is an IAS officer of 1989 batch of Haryana cadre and was heading the DGCA as an additional charge between May 31 and July 9, 2019.
Answer: 6) D
The Bharat Chamber of Commerce, (BCC) and the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi, signed an MoU.It was signed by BCC president Sitaram Sharma and BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Director General B B L Madhukar. The MoU will enable both the BCC and the BRICS chamber to share trade-related information and exchange trade delegations among the five countries of the group.
Answer: 7) D
The Kerala government is working to set up the country’s first elephant rehabilitation centre in Kottoor, an ecotourism village near the state capital Thiruvananthapuram. Rs.105 crore has been allotted to this project which was launched by Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan. At present, the center has only 15 elephants and it will be increased once work has been completed. The centre will have an elephant museum, mahout training centre, super-specialty hospital, a retirement home and crematorium for the animals, will house orphaned, injured and older elephants.
Answer: 8) C
South Korean tech giant Samsung announced its partnership with Paisabazaar.com, an online marketplace for financial products in India.Paisabazaar.com will now support Samsung Pay to provide users with a one-stop solution to their financial requirements.Users can apply for credit cards and personal loans from the platform. The loan approval feature in Paisabazaar will be extremely fast and seamless for the benefit of customers.
Answer: 9) A
Northeast Frontier Railway’s (NFR) ‘Plan Bee’, a strategy of using an amplified version of honey bees sound to keep wild elephants away from train tracks won the “ Best innovation award” of Indian Railways for the 2018-19 fiscal. The prize comprised of citation & cash award of Rs.3 lakh.
Answer: 10) B
This was the 5th launch of a spacecraft for civilian purposes and to provide images of clouds, the surface of the Earth, ice and snow covers. The hydrometeorological satellite of Russia, Meteor-M No.2-2 put into a target orbit with a height of about 832 km. The small satellites were developed by Germany, France, the US, Israel, Britain, Sweden, Finland, Thailand, Ecuador, the Czech Republic, and Estonia.This launch will allow accessing the outer space & reducing the dependence of Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
Currency: Russian ruble
President: Vladimir Putin
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
2019 Powered By Current Hunt, Designed with Love By Aylin Team
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.