1. Who among the following has been appointed as interim USA Cricket Coach?
A. Sachin Tendulkar
B. Sourav Ganguly
C. Kiran More
D. Harbhajan Singh
2. Consider the following statements related to e-learning platform?
1. Panel calls for upgrading the e-learning platform to virtual university.
2. The proposal is part of the ministry’s five-year vision plan called Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme.
3. SWAYAM is a programme initiated by the Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy namely access, equity and quality.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. Who among the following has been appointed as governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra?
A. Biswa bhusan harichandan and Debavratt Acharya
B. Anusuyaa Uikey and biswa bhusan harichandan
C. Debavratt Acharya and Kalraj Mishra
D. Kalraj Mishra and Anusuyaa Uikey
4. Consider the following statements related to eKartarpur Gurudwara?
1. Pakistan has agreed to give year-long visa-free access for Indian pilgrims to the holy Gurdwara of Kartarpur Sahib.
2. Throughout the year, 4,000 pilgrims will be allowed to visit the Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara per day.
3. Gurdwara Sahib is located at Kartarpur in Pakistan’s Narowal district.
5. According to the recent publication by the Botanical Survey of India ‘Orchids of India : A Pictorial Guide,’ how many species of Orchids are there in India?
6. Consider the following statements:
1. Google India’s ‘Internet Saathi’ programme has now added two more states Punjab and Odisha.
2. ‘Internet Saathi’ programme’ is launched as a pilot project in 2017, along with Tata Trusts.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
7. Name the player who recently received the Arjuna Award?
A. Rohan Bopanna and Mithali Raj
B. Mithali Raj and Smriti Mandhana
C. Smriti Mandhana and Rohan Bopanna
D. Mitali Raj and Deepak Chahar
8. Consider the following statements:
1. European Commission elects first female president.
2. von der Leyen’s nomination was approved by 383 votes (required 374), at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France.
9. How many years later was the night of Guru Purnima, the second longest lunar eclipse of the century?
A. 148 years later
B. 149 years later
C. 147 years later
D. 146 years later
10. When was World Day for International Justice observed?
A. July 17th
B. July 16th
C. July 15th
D. July 14th
Answer: 1) C
Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Kiran More has been appointed the interim coach of the USA cricket team. Kiran More will take over from the former coach Pubudu Dassanayake of Sri Lanka. The USA Cricket has also appointed former India spinner Sunil Joshi as spin bowling advisor.
Answer: 2) D
A panel of experts has recommended upgrading the HRD ministry’s free e-learning SWAYAM platform to a virtual university to meet the growing demand for quality education. The proposal is part of the ministry’s five-year vision plan called Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme. The panel has proposed reconstituting Swayam into a separate autonomous board is driven organisation under the ministry to facilitate a more focused effort. The panel’s recommendations have come as the HRD ministry is preparing the next phase of Swayam and degree-granting mechanism could be one of its ingredients.
Answer: 3) B
President Ramnath Kovind has appointed BJP senior leader Biswa Bhushan Harichandran (84-years) as Andhra Pradesh governor. He replaced ESL Narasimhan, serving as the governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Narasimhan was appointed as the governor of united Andhra Pradesh has continued as the governor of both the Telugu states after bifurcation. Earlier, Mr. Harichandran was elected to Odisha Assembly for the five times from Bhubaneshwar and Chilika. He also served as a former law minister in BJD-BJP government in Odisha in 2004.President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Senior tribal BJP leader Anusuiya Uikey as Governor of Chhattisgarh. Anusuiya Uikey has replaced Anandiben Patel, who as Governor of Madhya Pradesh was also holding the charge of Chhattisgarh. An official release said the appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their offices.
Answer: 4) B
Pakistan has agreed to give year-long visa-free access for Indian pilgrims to the holy Gurdwara of Kartarpur Sahib. It was agreed to allow visa-free travel for the Indian passport-holders and OCI card-holders seven days a week. Throughout the year, 5,000 pilgrims will be allowed to visit the Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara per day.
The pilgrims will be allowed to travel as individuals or in groups and also on foot.
There will be provision for a permit system for the pilgrims travelling through the religious corridor.
Answer: 5) A
The Botanical Survey of India has come up with the first comprehensive census of orchids of India putting the total number of orchid species or taxa to 1,256. Orchids of India : A Pictorial Guide, a publication detailing all the species of India was unveiled earlier this month by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The 1,256 species or taxa of orchids belong to 155 genera and 388 species are endemic to India. The highest number of orchid species is recorded from Arunachal Pradesh with 612 species, followed by Sikkim 560 species and West Bengal; Darjeeling Himalayas have also high species concentration, with 479 species. Kerala has 111 of these endemic species while Tamil Nadu has 92 of them. There are 388 species of orchids, which are endemic to India of which about one-third (128) endemic species are found in Western Ghats.
Indian botanical survey
Answer: 6) A
Google India’s ‘Internet Saathi’ programme has now added two more states Punjab and Odisha. ‘Internet Saathi’ programme’ is launched as a pilot project in 2015, along with Tata Trusts. ‘Internet Saathi programme aimed to empower rural women on how to use the Internet which will now cover 20 states including Punjab and Odisha. This programme also helps in implying driving awareness for issues like girl child education, menstrual hygiene and more.
Answer: 7) C
Sports and Youth Affairs Minister conferred Arjuna Awards to Rohan Bopanna (tennis player) and Smriti Mandhana (Women cricketer).Rohan Bopanna had won the Gold medal in tennis men’s double category in Asian Games 2018.Smriti Mandhana was the ICC women’s player of the year 2018.The duo did not receive the Arjuna Awards during the Award ceremony held last year (25th September 2018) in Rashtrapati Bhawan, as they were out of the country taking part in international tournaments.
Answer: 8) C
German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen (60-years) has been elected as the European Commission’s first female president. Leyen’s nomination was approved by 383 votes (required 374), at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France.
There were 327 votes against her and 22 abstentions. Von der Leyen was nominated to become the first woman in Brussels’ top job last month by the leaders of the bloc’s 28 member states, to the annoyance of many MEPs. The President of the European Commission is the head of the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union. The President of the Commission leads a cabinet of Commissioners, referred to as the college, collectively accountable to the European Parliament.
Answer: 9) B
Many parts of the world will be able to witness a partial lunar eclipse including India. Apart from India, the partial lunar eclipse is going to be visible in most regions of Asia and Europe, Africa, Australia, and South America. For the first time, after 149 years, the Chandra Grahan (lunar eclipse) will coincide with Guru Purnima on 16 July. It is a festival celebrated by Hindus and Buddhist where they pay respect and show their gratitude to their spiritual and academic teachers.
Answer: 10) A
World Day for International Justice (or International Criminal Justice Day) is being observed globally on 17th July every year to recognise the strengthening system of international justice. The day (17th – July) was chosen because it is the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute, the treaty that created the International Criminal Court. On 1 June 2010, at the Review Conference of the Rome Statute held in Kampala (Uganda), the Assembly of State Parties decided to celebrate 17 July as the Day of International Criminal Justice.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.