1. Who among the following has been appointed as new RAW chief?
A. Arvind Kumar
B. Samant Goyal
C. Amit Shah
D. Anil Dhasmana
2. Consider the following statements:
1. A World Trade Organisation dispute resolution panel has ruled in favour of India in a case against the United States.
2. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Which state has been on top of the Health Index of the released Policy Commission?
4. Consider the following statements related to kiosk:
1. Om Prakash Dhankar, Haryana agriculture, and farmers’ welfare minister launched ‘Krishi kiosk’ for farmers at Panchkula, Haryana.
2. The kiosk comes under state’s ’‘Digital Kisan Suvidha’ plan.
3. kiosk is connected to the deputy commissioners’ offices in all the 22 districts of the state
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. BIMSTEC days have been celebrated?
6. Consider the following statements:
1. The Government of India, Government of Rajasthan and the World Bank signed a $ 250 Million Loan Agreement for Phase II of Rajasthan State Highways Development Project.
2. The World Bank-supported Project will support the construction, upgradation, improvement and maintenance of 766 kms of state highways and major district roads.
7. Who has won honorary doctorate Award?
A. Saurabh Verma
B. Aditya Prakash
C. Pullela Gopichand
D. Sanave Thomas
8. Consider the following statements:
1. Herbal drug to treat leucoderma developed by DRDO scientist Hemant Pandey.
2. This condition in which white patches develop on the skin.
3. Mr. Hemant Pandey heads the Herbal Medicine Division of DRDO’s Defence Institute of Bio-energy Research (DIBER) at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
9. By which year, the flow of raw sewage into the Ganga river will be fully stopped, Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat ?
10. Consider the following statements:
1. NASA announces ‘Dragonfly’ mission to explore Saturn’s moon, Titan.
2. Titan is the second largest moon in the solar system and is an icy world whose surface is completely obscured by a nitrogen-based golden atmosphere, four times denser than Earth’s.
Answer: 1) B
Punjab cadre IPS officer Samant Goel has been appointed as the new chief of Research & Analysis Wing. Mr Goel played a key role in planning the February 2019 Balakot airstrikes and the 2016 surgical strikes.
Research and Analysis Wing
Answer: 2) C
Amidst India-US tariff war, India has won a trade dispute with US. A World Trade Organisation dispute resolution panel has ruled in favour of India in a case against the United States. The WTO panel stated that America’s domestic content requirements and subsidies provided by eight of its states (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana and Washington) in the renewable energy sector are violative of global trade norms.
World Trade Organization
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations. The WTO officially commenced on 1 January 1995 under the Marrakesh Agreement, signed by 123 nations on 15 April 1994, replacing the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which commenced in 1948.
Answer: 3) B
For the second year in a row, Kerala has retained its top rank in the national health index. The report analyses the overall performance and incremental improvement in all the states. According to the Health Index 2019 released by NITI Aayog, Kerala is the top performer with a score of 74.01 out of 100, followed by Andhra Pradesh with 65.13 and Maharashtra with 63.99. Uttar Pradesh was the worst-performing state with a score of 28.61, followed by Bihar and Odisha.
Answer: 4) D
Haryana agriculture and farmers’ welfare minister Om Prakash Dhankar on ‘krishi kiosk’ at Panchkula which will give farmers information about government schemes and also help them file claims under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana’. The kiosk comes under the state government’s ‘Digital Kisan Suvidha’ plan which aims to bring services for farmers online .Dhankar said the kiosk is connected to the deputy commissioners’ offices in all the 22 districts of the state and offers a hotline telephone facility for farmers to give information to the state headquarters. Dhankar said the government has created the ‘Kisan Haryana App’ for the benefit of farmers. Farmers can get information on all schemes through it.
Answer: 5) A
Members of the 7 countries regional grouping Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) celebrated the BIMSTEC Day in Dhaka.Foreign Minister of Bangladesh Dr A K Abdul Momen was the chief guest of the event.Acting High Commissioner Bishwadip Dey represented India in the event.
Answer: 6) C
The Loan Agreement was signed by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Shanker Lal, Acting Country Director (India) on behalf of the World Bank. It will be used to support the construction, upgradation, improvement, and maintenance of 766 kms of state highways and district roads.
It will also focus on enhancing the institutional of Rajasthan State Highways Authority and strengthen the capacity of the Public Works Department which is responsible for about 70 percent of the state’s road network. It will help leverage private capital of around US$45 million through a public-private partnership model. The loan from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has a 25-year maturity including a 5-year grace period.
Answer: 7) C
India’s chief national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand was bestowed upon an honorary doctorate by IIT Kanpur on the occasion of their 52nd convocation .The received the honour from former ISRO chairman and Chairman of board of Governors of IIT Kanpur, Prof K Radhakrishnan. Former President APJ Abdul Kalam and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh are past recipients of the honour.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Answer: 8) D
Hemant Pandey, a senior scientist from Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), developed ‘Lukoskin’, an herbal drug to treat leucoderma (also called ‘vitiligo’), a condition in which white patches develop on the skin.
Answer: 9) B
Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, in a national conference, exhibition and awards ceremony ‘Innovative Water Solutions’ in New Delhi announced that the flow of raw sewage into the Ganga river will be fully stopped by 2022. States of Uttarakhand and Jharkhand have already achieved this and they have promised to make Ganga fit for holy rituals by December 2019. India is ranked 122nd in the World in terms of contamination.
Answer: 10) C
The US space agency NASA announced that it will launch a spacecraft in 2026 to explore the richly organic world of Titan. A rotorcraft called ‘Dragonfly’ will arrive at the Saturn’s moon in 2034, looking for prebiotic chemical processes common on both Titan and Earth. It may lend clues to how life may have arisen on Earth. Titan is the second largest moon in the solar system and is an icy world whose surface is completely obscured by a nitrogen-based golden atmosphere, four times denser than Earth’s.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.