1. In which state, ADB has sanctioned 1925 crores for power projects?
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. None of these
2. Consider the following statements related to MARPOL
1. India has, since 1978, been a signatory and enthusiastic implementer of MARPOL 73/78, the international convention for the prevention of pollution from ships.
2. Prevention of Marine Pollution is also dealt with by Merchant Shipping Rules, 2009 framed under the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Which of the following has been announced as the official sponsor of Team India?
4. Consider the following statements:
1. Census 2010 data on migration released recently show Maharashtra had more migrants from Madhya Pradesh than from Bihar, and Gujarat had almost double the number of migrants from Rajasthan than from Bihar.
2. According to the website of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India, “When a person is enumerated in Census at a different place than his/her place of birth, she/he is considered a ‘migrant’.”
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of the Parliament?
A. Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary
B. Shashi Tharoor
C. Manish Tewari
D. Radha Mohan Singh
6. Consider the following statements:
1. The Union Cabinet has approved to dissolve National Institute of Miners’ Health and amalgamate with ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health National.
2. The Institute conducts applied research in occupational health and hygiene and specializes in providing technical support services to mining and mineral-based industry with special reference to a metalliferous sector.
3. NIMH was set up by Government of India in 1980 and registered as a Society under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1957.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
7. Which of the following Engineering institutions has developed the ‘Smart Agricopter’?
A. IIT Bombay
B. IIT Madras
C. IIT Kanpur
D. IIT Kharagpur
8. Consider the following statements:
1. In a step towards productive utilisation of bauxite residue, commonly known as the ‘Red Mud’, an interactive workshop called ‘Gain To Wealth’ was organized by Ministry of Mines in the capital today.
2. Red Mud is a solid waste generated during the aluminium production process,This is an environmental concern due to presence of impurities such as caustic soda and others minerals.
9. Recently, with whom did the NITI Aayog to promote women entrepreneurs in India?
10. Consider the following statements:
1. B S Yeddyurappa was sworn in as Karnataka CM.
2. Yeddyurappa will be sworn in as the chief minister of Karnataka for the fourth time.
3. Yeddyurappa has had to step down from government twice in the past, having failed to muster a majority.
Answer: 1) B
Asian Development Bank has sanctioned 1,925 crore rupees project for up-gradation of power generation and distribution in Tripura. The amount was recently sanctioned to the Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited after the state government had sought the ADB’s assistance. The project has been sanctioned for upgrading capacity of 63 MW Rokhia Project to 120 MW at an estimated cost of over 699 crores and modernising Gumti Hydro Electric Project at an estimated cost of nearly 1225 crore rupees. Rokhia project is located at West Tripura district whereas the Gumti project is in Gomati district.
Asian Development Bank
Answer: 2) C
India is a signatory to MARPOL (International Convention on Prevention of Marine Pollution). Prevention of Marine Pollution is also dealt with by Merchant Shipping Rules, 2009 framed under the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958. A steering committee with stakeholders from all the concerned Ministers and Departments has been constituted by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change to tackle the issues of marine plastic littering in 2009.
Answer: 3) C
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced that Bengaluru-based education and learning app Byju’s, which is owned by Think and Learn Private Limited, has replaced Oppo India as the official Team India sponsor.
Board of Control for Cricket in India
Answer: 4) B
Census 2011 data on migration released recently show Maharashtra had more migrants from Madhya Pradesh than from Bihar, and Gujarat had almost double the number of migrants from Rajasthan than from Bihar. The data come at a time when migration is a major phenomenon across the world, and “illegal Bangladeshis” is a hot-button political issue in India.
Over 45.58 crore Indians were found to be “migrants” for various reasons during the enumeration exercises of Census 2011. The previous Census (2001) had recorded the number of migrants at 31.45 crore — more than 30% lower than the 2011 figure. According to the website of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India, “When a person is enumerated in Census at a different place than his/her place of birth, she/he is considered a ‘migrant’.” Migration data began to be collected with the Census of 1872.
Answer: 5) A
The leader of the Congress party in Lok Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury was appointed as the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).In the last term, the post was held by Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge. The PAC has 15 members from Lok Sabha and 7 from Rajya Sabha.The term of office of members of the committee does not exceed one year at a time.
Public Accounts Committee
Answer: 6) A
The Union Cabinet has approved to dissolve National Institute of Miners’ Health and mergewith ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health National. Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH) is an autonomous Institute under Ministry of Mines (MoM) and ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH) is working under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW). The merger/amalgamation of NIMH with NIOH will prove beneficial to both the Institutes in term of enhanced expertise in the field of occupational health besides the efficient management of public money.
National Institute of Miners’ Health
Answer: 7) B
Answer: 8) B
In a step towards productive utilisation of bauxite residue, commonly known as the ‘Red Mud’, an interactive workshop called ‘Waste To Wealth’ was organized by Ministry of Mines in the capital today. The present status regarding the generation of Red Mud and its safe disposal and utilization were discussed. The workshop, which was presided over by Dr K. Rajeswara Rao, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Mines, was organised in association with the Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development and Design Centre (JNARDDC) Nagpur. The meet was widely attended by representatives from organisations like Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, CPCB, Odisha state Pollution Control Board, BARC, Indian Bureau of Mines, Ministry of Road Transport, NHAI and BIS, Engineer-in-Chief of Army, top executives from all three primary aluminium producing companies viz- NALCO, VEDANTA & HINDALCO as well as from user industries like cement and ceramic industry.
Answer: 9) A
WhatsApp has partnered with NITI Aayog, under the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) to announce its plan to support and promote women entrepreneurs in India. They will announce an annual calendar of events aimed at capacity building of women entrepreneurs. The initiative would target the registered users of WEP. WhatsApp will also partner with the Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards 2019, the flagship initiative of NITI Aayog. WhatsApp has decided to provide support amounting to $100,000 to WTI winners.
Answer: 10) D
In Karnataka, BJP state President BS Yeddyurappa took oath as Chief Minister. Yeddyurappa will be sworn in as the chief minister of Karnataka for the fourth time. The BJP’s stake to form government in the state comes after an anxious few days, during which time the party awaited clarity on the status of the resignations of rebel legislators of the Congress- Janata Dal (Secular) coalition government. Yeddyurappa has had to step down from government twice in the past, having failed to muster a majority.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.