1. How many Indian people can visit annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, a city in Hejazi region of Saudi Arabia after 3rd hike in 3 years ?
A. 4 Lakh
B. 3 Lakh
C. 1.5 Lakh
D. 2 Lakh
2. Consider the following statements:
1. HRD ministry releases EQUIP, a five-year vision plan to transform higher education.
2. Double the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in higher education and resolve the geographically and socially skewed access to higher education institutions in India.
3. Double the employability of the students passing out of higher education.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
3. Name the DRDO Scientist, who developed ‘Lukoskin’, an herbal drug to treat leucoderma a condition in which white patches develop on the skin?
A. Rajesh Kumar Pandey
B. Hemant Pandey
C. Vinni Shrivastava
D. Vidhi Verma
4. Consider the following statements related to Bangla Shashya Bima:
1. West Bengal introduces free crop insurance scheme Bangla Shashya Bima for farmers.
2. The scheme was launched in collaboration with Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC).
3. The crop insurance scheme would be “free of cost for farmers” as the state government would pay the entire premium.
5. Which state launched Krishi Kiosk for farmers?
6. Consider the following statements :
1. Abu Dhabi to host first ISA’s joint security exercise ISALEX19.
2. Representatives of 50 law enforcement agencies of the are taking part in the ISALEX19.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
7. When was National Doctors’ Day observed?
A. June 27th
B. June 28th
C. June 30th
D. July 1st
8. Consider the following statements :
1. NALCO to get President’s award for excellent CSR in social development.
2. To promote the education of Girls of BPL families, NAVARATNA Company NALCO has started “Aliali Jhia” a new scheme on the line of BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO” from 2015.
9. Who was felicitated with the Narad Samman-2019?
A. Naveen Srivastava
B. Preeti Kaur
C. Achyutanand Sahu
10. Consider the following statements :
1. Tamil Nadu Government appoints K Shanmugham as new CS and JK Tripathy as DGP.
2. K Shanmugham is a native of Salem district, Tamil Nadu.
3. JK Tripathy, a 1985 batch IPS officer and a native of Odisha
Answer: 1) A
Saudi Arabia increased India’s Haj quota by 30,000 which was the third hike in 3 years. It was increased from 1,70,000 to 200,000. With this, more Indians will get a chance to visit annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, a city in Hejazi region of Saudi Arabia.
Answer: 2) D
The Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) released a five-year vision plan named Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme (EQUIP) to transform higher education with the help of more than 50 initiatives.
It has the following goals for the higher education sector –
Answer: 3) B
Hemant Pandey, a senior scientist from Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), developed ‘Lukoskin’, an herbal drug to treat leucoderma (also called ‘vitiligo’), a condition in which white patches develop on the skin.For his achievement, Prime Minister Narendra Modi awarded him ‘Science Award’ in May 2019. He had also won the Agri Innovation Award in 2015. Mr. Pandey heads the Herbal Medicine Division of DRDO’s Defence Institute of Bio-energy Research (DIBER) at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
Answer: 4) D
West Bengal Government launched a crop insurance scheme, Bangla Shashya Bima (BSB) for the 2019 ‘Kharif’ season to protect farmers from losses due to natural disasters and provide a steady income in case of unstable market prices. The scheme was launched in collaboration with Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC). The crop insurance scheme would be “free of cost for farmers” as the state government would pay the entire premium. Insurable crops: It includes Aman and Aus paddy, jute and maize under the scheme. The scheme is applicable for farmers in 15 districts include Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Purba Medinipur, Malda, Hooghly, Nadia, Murshidabad, Cooch Behar, Birbhum, Purulia, Dakshin Dinajpur, North 24 Parganas, and South 24 Parganas.
About West Bengal:
Answer: 5) D
Om Prakash Dhankar, Haryana agriculture, and farmers’ welfare minister launched ‘Krishi kiosk’ for farmers at Panchkula, Haryana.Haryana launches Krishi Kiosk for farmers.The kiosk comes under state’s ’‘Digital Kisan Suvidha’ plan, will give farmers the information about government schemes and also help them file claims under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana’ Scheme. It has been connected with the Deputy Commissioners’ offices of the state, and a telephone facility has also been made available for farmers, who in turn could give information through telephone.
Answer: 6) C
Abu Dhabi, UAE is hosting first International Security Alliance from 1 July 2019.Representatives of 50 law enforcement agencies of the are taking part in the ISALEX19.The International Security Alliance, launched in 2017 in Abu Dhabi, is an international working group to confront organised, transnational and extremist crimes. The alliance now comprises nine countries, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, France, Italy, Spain, Senegal, Singapore, and the Slovak Republic.
Answer: 7) D
National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on the 1st of July in India every year.This day honours doctors across the country for their relentless service throughout the year.In India, Doctor’s Day is celebrated to honour the legendary Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who was also the second Chief Minister of West Bengal.2019 theme: ‘Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment’.
About Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy
Answer: 8) C
Odisha-based Navaratna Company National Aluminium Company (NALCO) has been selected for President’s award for utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) fund in social development.To promote the education of Girls of BPL families, NAVARATNA Company NALCO has started “Aliali Jhia” a new scheme on the line of BETI BACHAO BETI PADHAO” from 2015.Under this scheme, 416 girls from BPL families of 66 villages of Anugul, Damanjodi and Potangi area in Anugul and Koraput districts have been adopted by Company.The Company is bearing all the expenditure for education and promotion of talent from 8th to 10th class.
Answer: 9) C
Martyred Achyutanand Sahu (DD News cameraman) conferred with posthumously ‘Narad Samman-2019’.Late Sahu was martyred in Naxal attack in Dantewada in Chhattisgarh in October last year, in the line of duty.Even after having been shot, Achyutanand showed exemplary courage and set new standards in journalism.The 2019 Narad Samman was given in total nine categories.The award has been constituted in memory of the first-ever and the most eminent journalist-scholar of the universe, namely ‘Narad Maharishi’. Doordarshan News, usually referred to by its abbreviation as DD News, is India’s only 24-hour terrestrial TV news channel broadcasting in Hindi.
Answer: 10) D
Tamil Nadu Government appointed K Shanmugam as Chief Secretary (CS) of Tamil Nadu succeeding Dr. Girija Vaidyanathan. JK Tripathy was appointed as the Director General of Police (DGP) succeeding TK Rajendran. Shanmugam, a Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer of 1985 batch, was posted as Additional Chief Secretary of Finance Department to the government. He is a native of Salem district, Tamil Nadu.JK Tripathy, a 1985 batch IPS officer and a native of Odisha, currently serves in Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board as DGP/Chairman. He has held various responsibilities including that of DGP, Prisons and Commissioner of Police in Chennai and Tiruchirapalli in his career over 3 decades.
About Tamil Nadu:
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.