1. Who won German Grand Prix?
A. Michael Schumacher
B. Max Verstappen
C. Kenny Acheson
D. Kurt Adolff
2. Consider the following statements:
1. Jordan opens its first underwater military museum.
2. The objective of the museum is to offer a new type of museum experience combining sports, environment and exhibits for divers, snorkelers and visitors on glass-bottomed boats.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. When was World Hepatitis Day observed?
A. July 28th
B. July 29 th
C. July 10th
D. July 9th
4. Consider the following statements related to Lasith Malinga:
1. Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga retires from ODIs.
2. Lasith Malinga had retired from test cricket in 2011.
3. Lasith Malinga made his ODI debut in 2003.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. Which country’s Navy day parade has reached the INS Tarkash?
B. Sri Lanka
6. Consider the following statements:
1. The first batch of Boeing AH-64E Apache helicopters reaches India.
2. These are the first four of the 20 choppers ordered by India from the US.
7. Who recently inaugurated the Indo-Nepal Logistics Summit?
A. Sheikh Hasina
B. Edouard Philippe
C. KP Oli
D. None of these
8. Consider the following statements related to General Mark Milley:
1. US Senate confirms General Mark Milley as next Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff.
2. He will replace General Joseph Dunford.
3. The Chairman is nominated by the President for the appointment and must be confirmed via majority vote by the Senate.
9. Where is the Himalayan Conclave being held?
10. Consider the following statements :
1. IPS officer VK Johri appointed as new BSF DG.
2. He will succeed Rajni Kant Misra who retires on 31st of July 2019.
Answer: 1) B
Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen clinched the rain-hit German Grand Prix at Hockenheim. Max Emilian Verstappen is a Belgian-Dutch racing driver who competes under the Dutch flag in Formula One with Red Bull Racing. At the 2015 Australian Grand Prix, when he was aged 17 years, 166 days, he became the youngest driver to compete in Formula 1.He holds eight other “firsts” in Formula One racing.
German Grand Prix
Answer: 2) C
Jordan, an Arab country in Western Asia, opened its first Underwater Military Museum Dive Site, off its Red Sea coast, Aqaba. The objective of the museum is to offer a new type of museum experience combining sports, environment and exhibits for divers, snorkelers and visitors on glass-bottomed boats. Jordan opens its first underwater military museumi. It has several tanks, an ambulance, a military crane, a troop carrier, an anti-aircraft battery, guns, Jordanian Armed Forces AH-1 Cobra Helicopter, 19 decommissioned pieces of military hardware, submerged at depths up to 28 metres (92 feet).
Answer: 3) B
Global Tiger Day is being celebrated across the world on 29 July. Global Tiger Day was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit. This day is observed every year to create awareness about tiger conservation and protection of the natural habitat of tigers. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the results of the fourth cycle of the All India Tiger Estimation in New Delhi. India conducts the All India Tiger Estimation every four years.
Answer: 4) A
Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga, aged 35, retired from One Day International (ODI) cricket after the first game of the three-match series against Bangladesh which began on July 26, 2019, in Colombo, Sri Lanka. He had retired from test cricket in 2011. He made his ODI debut in 2004. He is the third-highest wicket-taker in ODI cricket with 335 wickets in 219 innings behind Muttiah Muralitharan (523) and Chaminda Vaas (399), both from Sri Lanka. He was Sri Lanka’s highest wicket-taker in the ICC (International Cricket Council) Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 with 13 wickets from 7 innings.
Answer: 5) D
Indian Naval Ship Tarkash arrived at St. Petersburg in Russia to participate in the Russian Navy Day Parade. It seeks to bolster the robust ties between the two countries. The ship was welcomed into the harbour by officials from the Russian Navy with a live performance by the Russian Naval Band.INS Tarkash will form part of the mobile column for the review by the President of the Russian Federation.
Answer: 6) A
The first batch of Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian Attack helicopters arrived at the Indian Air Force’s Hindon airbase. These are the first four of the 22 choppers ordered by India from the US. The AH-64E Apache is the world’s most advanced multi-role combat helicopter and is also used by the US Army.
Answer: 7) C
Answer: 8) D
The US Senate has overwhelmingly confirmed four-star Army General Mark Milley (61-years) as the next Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS).He will replace General Joseph Dunford. The Chairman is nominated by the President for the appointment and must be confirmed via majority vote by the Senate. The United States Senate confirmed him by an overwhelming 89-1 votes. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) is, the highest-ranking and senior-most military officer in the United States Armed Forces. He is the principal military advisor to the President, the National Security Council, the Homeland Security Council, and the Secretary of Defence.
Answer: 9) C
Himalayan Conclave held in Mussoorie in Uttarakhand. The objective is to discuss various issues related to the development of the Himalayan States. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is attending the conclave as the chief guest. The main agenda for the conclave is water conservation, with focus on conserving rivers, glaciers, lakes and water bodies besides reviving water resources which have dried up over the years.
Answer: 10) A
IPS officer VK Johri (1984-batch – Madhya Pradesh cadre) has been appointed as the next Director-General (DG) of Border Security Force (BSF).He will succeed Rajni Kant Misra who retires on 31st of July 2019.Currently, Mr. Johri is serving as the Special Secretary in RAW, under the Cabinet Secretariat. The BSF is the country’s largest border guarding force (present strength of about 2.5 lakh personnel) and is tasked to secure two of India’s most important and sensitive fronts with Pakistan and Bangladesh. The two other border guarding forces are ITBP (China) and SSB (Nepal and Bhutan).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.