1. Where has the UIDAI center recently opened?
A. Vijayawada and Calcutta
B. Delhi and Vijayawada
C. Calcutta and Patna
D. Patna and Kanpur
2. Consider the following statements:
1. South Central Railway commissioned the longest electrified tunnel in Indian Railways.
2. The electrified tunnel is constructed on the basis of the New Australian Tunnelling Method.
Which of the above statement/statements are correct?
A. Only 1
B. only 2
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2.
3. Which bank established CEN-MARG for credit facilities for MSME?
A. Punjab & Sind Bank
B. Punjab National Bank
C. State bank
D. Union Bank
4. Consider the following statements related to 3rd Global Sunflower Seed:
1. 3rd Global Sunflower Seed Meet to be held in Mumbai.
2. The last two editions was hosted by China and Ukraine.
3. India is the largest importer of sunflower oil with imports of about 2.8 million tonnes.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. 1 and 2 are correct
B. 1 and 3 are correct
C. 2 and 3 are correct
D. All of the above
5. Jio launches ‘Digital Udaan’, a digital literacy initiative in partnership with whom?
6. Consider the following statements:
1. Icici Bank tied up with IndoStar Capital for commercial vehicle financing.
2. Icici Bank will provide funds to the customers.
7. Which year is set as the target year to install Closed Circuit Television cameras in Indian Railways covering 7,020 coaches of the mainline passenger trains?
8. Consider the following statements:
1. Duty-Free shops at Dubai airports to accept Indian currency.
2. The move makes the Indian rupee the 16th international currency to be accepted at Dubai’s airports.
9. Who has been appointed as the head of six members working Group constituted by RBI to review Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for Core Investment Companies?
A. N K Singh
B. Nirupama Rajendra
C. Sanjukta Sinha
D. Tapan Ray
10. Which of the following banks has launched the web tool named ‘Vasool So-Ft’ to digitalise the NPA (non-performing asset) recovery process of the bank?
A. Union Bank of India
B. Karnataka Bank Ltd.
C. ICICI Bank
D. Punjab & Sind Bank
Answer: 1) B
Unique Identification Authority of India has set up its first exclusive ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ (ASK) at Akshardham Metro station in New Delhi. It will be operational six days a week excluding Tuesdays and public holidays. The second such Aadhaar centre has been opened in Vijayawada. These Aadhaar centres will make it easier for citizens to apply for a new Aadhaar card or update existing ones.
UIDAI has an ambitious plan to set up 114 such centres by the end of 2019.Although thousands of Aadhaar centres are being run by banks and post offices currently but the Aadhaar Seva Kendras are the first specialized centres operationalized by UIDAI.
Answer: 2) C
South Central Railway commissioned the longest electrified tunnel in Indian Railways. The tunnel is measuring 6.6 kilometres is situated between Cherlopalli and Rapuru stations. The electrified tunnel is constructed on the basis of the New Australian Tunnelling Method. The new line would facilitate direct and viable connectivity between the South Coast and West Coast Railway and improve freight revenue of the zone.
Answer: 3) A
MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank S. Harisankar has set up the Centralised MSME & Retail Group (Cen-MARG) for credit facilities at its head office in New Delhi. This will help branches focus better on lead generation for retail and MSME lending and enhanced customer service. The Cen-MARG would be linked with pan-India branches in a phased manner. Now, all MSME and retail credit approvals will be performed at this centralized setup.
Answer: 4) D
India will host the 3rd edition of the International Sunflower Seed and Oil Conference (ISSOC) 2019 in Mumbai (from 19-20th July 2019).The event will be hosted by the Solvent Extractors’ Association of India (SEA).The last two editions was hosted by China and Ukraine. The conference will see participation from global industry leaders, experts, researchers, and government representatives. Sunflower seed is seen as a healthy table-seed and culinary seed having wide applications in variety of food preparations including cakes and pastries. India is the largest importer of sunflower oil with imports of about 2.8 million tonnes. The global imports of sunflower oil are around 9.6 million tonnes.’
Answer: 5) B
Reliance Jio has launched a new digital literacy programme “Digital Udaan”.The objective of the Digital Udaan’ is to provide digital literacy to first-time internet users who are using the connected internet ecosystem and apps for the very first time. The Jio Digital Udaan programme is being launched across 200 locations in 13 states in partnership with Facebook. As a part of the Digital Udaan initiative, Jio will engage with users every Saturday to help them learn about the JioPhone features, use of various apps and internet safety including use of Facebook on JioPhone.
Answer: 6) C
Icici Bank tied up with IndoStar Capital, a non-banking financial company, for vehicle financing for small and medium fleet owners to buy new and old commercial vehicles. IndoStar will originate customers in tier-II, III, IV cities where it has a branch network of 322 branches. Icici Bank will provide funds to the customers.
About IndoStar Capital:
About Icici Bank:
Answer: 7) A
According to the Government, the Indian Railways has set a target to install CCTV cameras in more than 7,000 coaches of mainline passenger trains by March 2021. Also, CCTV cameras have already been installed in coaches of premium, mail, express and suburban trains.
Answer: 8) C
Dubai Duty-Free has announced that Indian Rupee will now be an accepted currency at all the retail outlets of the Dubai airport. Stores at the Dubai Airport will accept notes of various denominations, including 100s, 200s, 500s and 2000s.
The move makes the Indian rupee the 16th international currency to be accepted at Dubai’s airports. According to a report, out of the 90 million passengers who used Dubai’s airports, 12 million of them travelled to or from Indian destinations.
Answer: 9) D
The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a Working Group of six members headed by Shri Tapan Ray to Review Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for Core Investment Companies. Mr. Tapan Ray is a Non-Executive Chairman of Central Bank of India and former Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India. The committee will suggest measures to strengthen corporate governance and disclosure requirements for CICs, assess the adequacy of supervisory returns submitted by CICs and suggest changes therein and various other things for the betterment of CIC.
Answer: 10) B
Karnataka Bank Ltd has launched the web tool ‘Vasool So-Ft’ for digitalising the Non Performing Asset recovery process of the bank. The digital tool for the recovery of stressed assets will provide an end to end digital solution. It will enable easy and faster processing, real time information and immediate decision making in the recovery area.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
© Powered By Current Hunt, Designed & Developed By Quizsolver.com
This function has been disabled for Current Hunt.